| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Xeperius
|
Posted - 2006.03.06 22:10:00 -
[1]
I just downloaded and installed the client yesterday. I figured I would try out the free 2 week trial. So far, I really like what I see, however, I can't stay logged on for more than about 10 minutes. I will get a connection lost message. I am going through a wireless router, but I am wired. I haven't had the same problem with any other games. I emailed support, but with patch day yesterday, I doubt I will hear back soon on this. Does anyone have any ideas?
|
|

Saucerhead

|
Posted - 2006.03.06 22:49:00 -
[2]
Are you using a wireless router by chance? --
|
|

I Had
|
Posted - 2006.03.07 00:10:00 -
[3]
I have got the same problem. I had this problem in early fall. Then it went away with a patch and seems to be re-introduced with this latest patch. If I am not doing something to interact with the server (ie, writing out a petition or writing an evemail) my connection is lost. I am running a cable connection. I am trying to reinstall the client to see if that does the trick.
Xeperius, this is a fun game. I hope CCP will work this out so you'll be able stick with it. I've been playing over a year now and haven't gotten a hint of being tired of it yet.
|

Xeperius
|
Posted - 2006.03.07 01:07:00 -
[4]
Thanks, hopefully it will work out. I'll see if I can't just deal with it until they can patch it or I can figure out what is going on.
|

SunTzuRaven
|
Posted - 2006.03.07 08:40:00 -
[5]
I'm getting this to, It only started today, happens about every 15 minutes or so, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. God commands you to do the kirby dance!!! <("<) <('')> (>")> Pink is teh bestest! |

Gedion
|
Posted - 2006.03.07 09:44:00 -
[6]
I had this about a month ago. seems I'd lose connection to the roughter. started out one or twice a day then went to once or twice an hour to about every few minutes. then i got busy and stopped playing for about a month and things have been Ok lately. got booted only a couple times today. all other problem aside. Now I get the node is dead message. whats up with that?
|

Agrikaan
|
Posted - 2006.03.07 14:00:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Agrikaan on 07/03/2006 14:00:27 See http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=reply&threadID=305034
|

SunTzuRaven
|
Posted - 2006.03.07 16:40:00 -
[8]
It only started on monday. I live on campus, but a friend of mine who lives off campus also started experiencing this on monday as well and now has the same problem. God commands you to do the kirby dance!!! <("<) <('')> (>")> Pink is teh bestest! |

Kai BruninJi
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 00:36:00 -
[9]
I also have this problem, even after mem leak fixed it still persists, I have petitioned but I do not expect any results. getting frustrated
|

Sir Juri
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 01:20:00 -
[10]
im getting disconnect every minute since last night same thing lost connection to server I dont use wireless modem or router or have a firewall etc conflicting with it. If theres official CCP/EVE-Online ports I need to open plz let me know ISD/devs/gm's, but well it all started now so badly use to happen once now and then during a game but now its ridiculus...
Im a noob, bear with me :P |

Xeperius
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 03:16:00 -
[11]
found the answer in another thread. with wireless router connected and before starting eve:
run a command prompt and enter command "ping -t [ip of router]", without the " and [].
I just created a .bat file to do it for me and it is working great.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |