| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Artemus Ward
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 20:39:00 -
[1]
WinXpPro 768Mb Ram ATI Radeon 9600
I am getting regular freezes when playing the game. When it occurs, the animations stop, and the gui freezes and doesn't respond. (Mouse still works)
This doesn't seem to happen when docked though, but can happen at any time when in space, and occurs very frequently (every 30 seconds or so), but not with any exact timing.
Has anyone else heard of this, and is any solution available to fix this?
|

Lucy Fa'Urr
|
Posted - 2006.03.10 03:58:00 -
[2]
I've been haveing the same problem only it happens everywhere. I'd say 10 of every 80 secs the game freezes, sometimes even longer. Came here looking to see if anyone else had the same problem.
XP Sp2 Home P4 1.8Ghz 1.25Gb RDRAM ATI 9550 256Mb
|

Going commando
|
Posted - 2006.03.10 08:42:00 -
[3]
The only way to solve your problem is to quit
|

Lucy Fa'Urr
|
Posted - 2006.03.10 11:28:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Going commando The only way to solve your problem is to quit
Lol I've read your other post. The WoW fourms are that way ---->
*Backhand*
Back under the bridge with you troll.
|

Heramide
|
Posted - 2006.03.10 15:46:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Heramide on 10/03/2006 15:54:20 I'm having the same thing happening ever since the patch I think.
The game is smooth and then it just freezes for a few seconds then jumps back to where it should be. I was thinking it was lag but I'm not certain now.
I'm watching my fps as it does this - goes from an average, when docked, of about 95 fps to 0. Then immediately after fps leaps to over 200 and then back to the 95. For longer outages, of over a minute, I have noticed that some of my packets are reaching the 1m mark.
Since I'm experiencing a lengthy freeze right now - I can switch between open windows but I cannot move them around. The game seems to be reacting to mouse movements and requests but no data is being updated to the monitor. Had to shut the game down because it didn't seem to be recovering from that freeze.
I've checked other graphics intensive games and it doesn't happen there.
System specs:
XP, home edition, SP2 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual, 4200+ 1 gig RAM nVidea GeForce 6800 GS (driver version: 8.1.9.8)
|

Artemus Ward
|
Posted - 2006.03.10 16:25:00 -
[6]
Strangely, I have 'fixed' this problem, although I am not fully sure what happened to fix it.
I have heard snippets of info about a client side memory leak, and wonder whether this could be related, as I had been logged in for quite some time.
I noticed that whilst I was playing, the processor % was at 98%+ all the time! (I am running a 1.7ghz)
I tried adjusting settings, resolutions etc, but none of these had any effect, it just made Alt-Tabbing slower & slower, and the freezes to occur more and more often.
So, I then quit out of the client, (which took a few minutes to do), and then rebooted, and ran the client again.
This time, the processor was only 30-40%, despite being at the same resolution & settings as when I started with these problems.
So, whether it was a long duration of playing that caused it, or just something not settled that required a reboot after the pacth, or something else I don't know. I just know that the freezes seem to have vanished... For now at least.
|

DHU InMe
|
Posted - 2006.03.11 02:05:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Lucy Fa'Urr
Originally by: Going commando The only way to solve your problem is to quit
Lol I've read your other post. The WoW fourms are that way ---->
*Backhand*
Back under the bridge with you troll.
He right ! You have to quit the game and restart. The game leaking memory. SOmetime, windows flush all memory (or eve) and load it back from swap and ya it a PAIN. __ BP n bugs Got a new idea ? (Last updated 5 Sept 05) |

Santur
|
Posted - 2006.03.13 19:04:00 -
[8]
FWIW, I'm having the same problem. I see the problem immediately after a restart, when I'm only using 30% (of 2GB) RAM, so it's not directly related to the memory leak issue, although the pauses seem to get more frequent as memory use increases.
|

Miyau
|
Posted - 2006.04.13 21:30:00 -
[9]
I've noticed this too. The same as described by Santur.
|

Dashi Nobuwa
|
Posted - 2006.04.13 23:01:00 -
[10]
Yep. My wife and I are both having the same issue. Has anyone come up with a reliable solve? It happens more often and for longer periods on her system, which as a lower quality video board in it. I just figured her board couldn't handle the graphics and that the rest was just poor memory allocation practices.
|

Renitent 1
|
Posted - 2006.04.14 04:33:00 -
[11]
I have the same symptoms. Mouse works. Most times, the ESCAPE Key works too, and I can gracefully quit (exit) EVE. It happens mostly when I go through a Gate, and Enter and Exit from a Station. |

Tar'el
|
Posted - 2006.04.14 05:18:00 -
[12]
I fixed this problem by dumping my GeForce FX5500 video card for a Radeon 9600 Atlantis. Problem stopped immediately, and it's VERY smooth sailing since.
|

Trebormints
|
Posted - 2006.04.14 08:29:00 -
[13]
I replied to another topic elswhere in the forums with the same problems, had this on one of my two accounts and the only way to get rid of it was to unistall and re install eve completly, losing my folders and prefs, I had tried de fragging the HD, reinsatlling while keeping the cache folder but this didn't work, only the FULL install worked
For info : running two accounts on two different HDs, using two NX7800GTX Video cards, one card per screen
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |