| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Bradwell
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 00:34:00 -
[1]
Looking for some advice, I have been playing for 2 months now with one account. I seem to be dividing my skill training time between Mining / Research skills and Combat skills. This seems to be slowing down the process for both. Should I be considering a second account seeing as they are offering them for such a good deal right now, and if so what race is a good compliment for a Caldari. The second account will be the Combat Toon, any and all Idea's welcome 
|

Deileon
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 00:38:00 -
[2]
New combat character to complement Caldari = Amarr Khanid. Best all-combat stats possible. See my New Character thread for stat suggestions.
They say bananas are a dish best served cold... |

Dr Caymus
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 03:29:00 -
[3]
Definitely go with another account. Otherwise you'll be dividing your skill training for a long time to come. The last time CCP ran the Power of 2 deal a year and a half ago, I set up a new account in order to create a pure mining character. Today, that character has over 24 million skill points...entirely in skills that benefit the mining career. Even today, he's still training skills that improve his mining ability. You'll quickly see the benefits in being able to specialize each of your characters.
|

Tripoli
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 07:43:00 -
[4]
There is no debate. 2 accounts are better than 1. You've got 3 of EVE's biggest skills experts' opinions now. That should be enough.  ---
Skill Collector Level 274 skills trained. |

Voculus
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 10:24:00 -
[5]
I've been playing for a little over 3 months, and did not want to sacrifice training time for mining.
So I bought another account, and was in a mining barge 2 weeks later. Easy money!
|

Bradwell
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 19:12:00 -
[6]
Many Thx for the info Guys, Looks like there is going to be another Amarr Combat Pilot roaming the skies 
|

BillyBong2
|
Posted - 2006.03.16 19:32:00 -
[7]
I created a pure mining/production character so that I could focus my primary character on combat now. My main has 22 million SPs all over the place, now I can focus him on combat combat and more combat. _________________________ Siggy by Esturary |

Kluya
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 13:39:00 -
[8]
I'm sold too. I just started a trial account for the first time about 8 days ago, and have been having a blast. (I love using this website to see how far along my skill in training is)
I think I'm going to upgrade my account to full status this weekend, and get a power of 2 account for a miner. 
|

Jentz Am
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 13:59:00 -
[9]
I'm also debating a miner on a power of 2 account. I recently upgraded my trial account to a full account. By pure luck I have an Amarr Khanid that almost exactly matches Deileon's 2nd build in his new character thread. So if I buy a power of 2 account what would you suggest for a miner/industry type build? Just skimp on perception and add memory and int or??? Can your proggie run through some scenarios for something like that? :D
|

Heikki
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 15:01:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Jentz Am So if I buy a power of 2 account what would you suggest for a miner/industry type build? Just skimp on perception and add memory and int or???
Unless you're experienced with high end industry (and mining), and are sure you want to have a fully specialized char, I wouldn't suggest any drastic atribute selection.
Rather, think of your secondary account as versatile helper who will first do some mining and industry to suit your needs. Eventually you might end up using him to help your mining ops, your missions running, for your scouting needs, etc.
So, just have attributes evenly divided (with as little charisma as you can), so can be jack of all trades to help you more.
-Lasse whose once industry/R&D alt is now laughed at as over-intelligent nerd in Cov op classes
|

Kari Kayira
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 15:12:00 -
[11]
I couldn't decide whether to keep my four month old character or start a new one with the new bloodlines being out. I didn't know anything about the game when I first created my other character, so her stats kinda sucked and her skill choices were subpar. But rather than scrapping her, I opened up a new account. I'll probably specialize her for mining now to help out my corp.
|

Klyro
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 16:29:00 -
[12]
question:- Can you run two accounts simoultaniously one one PC? with eve open twice? or do you have to log off and on each time? Thanks
|

hamishoo7
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 16:36:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Klyro question:- Can you run two accounts simoultaniously one one PC? with eve open twice? or do you have to log off and on each time? Thanks
Depending on your PC specs you can run 2 seperate eve accounts at the same time. Not 2 on the same account though.
|

Netto
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 19:11:00 -
[14]
The only time running two accounts on one PC isn't viable is during large scale pvp operations (at least, in my experience).
But otherwise, I always have two accounts loaded. It changes the way you play eve, money flows faster, your specialization planning works out better, it's just... better.
Netto Buy my 11+ mil sp character! Celestial Fleet - We care. |

Zecht
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 22:06:00 -
[15]
You'll be using the first few weeks just to train up for a barge anyway, you won't even have to open the extra client for more than 10 seconds. :P .
|

Tempus Fugitive
|
Posted - 2006.03.19 08:52:00 -
[16]
I've been thinking of a 2nd account for a specialized combat character as well. Today I pretty much made the decision to do it, and this thread has solidified it. However, could I get a linky to the New Character Thread that Deileon mentioned? Any others as well would be appreciated.
I made this character with high Mem and Int and planned to be pretty generalized. Now that I have some Learning skills done I think I'd rather specialize in Science/Industry/Trade. I want my second account character to be combat specialized for weekend pvp/0.0 ratting but don't have a clue what to make. I'm leaning toward an Amarr with high Perc/Int (meaning around 10 instead of the insane 14 Mem on my current char). I've heard that you can get Gunnery 5 on an Amarr, but again, not a clue how to do it.
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, just looking for some links to previous discussions if possible. Thanks again for any info.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |