| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Vladimir Ilych
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 14:48:00 -
[1]
Okay, I have a copy of photoshop and all the sigs i try and make look lame. Are their any tricks to getting a good image quaility into the restrictions that forum sigs have?
Certain file format or something like that?
ty
|

Laythun
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 15:49:00 -
[2]
get a guide how to use it dude, its not 'intuitive' as it used to be.
oh and use 'save for web' it saves the sig as a compressed JPEg thus making it look teh sexyness and keeping it small
Please e-mail the mods if you wish to discuss the moderation of your signature. --Jorauk |

Kurren
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 18:12:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Kurren on 17/03/2006 18:13:19 ^^ er, I've found that I have to save them/export them as .gif files. Everytime I try to do the .jpg thing... the file size jumps up to some unGodly number. Also, .jpg's don't allow transparency (at least not through Fireworks), so I use .gif's for that too. I find the quality is up to par with .jpg's, as well.
AND, just keep screwing around. Nobody gets good immediately, but the more you use it... the quicker it will happen! I hope to see you in the siggy contests soon =)
edit - spilleng --- --- --- ---
SobaKai.com
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 18:17:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Kurren Edited by: Kurren on 17/03/2006 18:13:19 ^^ er, I've found that I have to save them/export them as .gif files. Everytime I try to do the .jpg thing... the file size jumps up to some unGodly number. Also, .jpg's don't allow transparency (at least not through Fireworks), so I use .gif's for that too. I find the quality is up to par with .jpg's, as well.
A JPEG at 100% quality will usually be too large, but at just 93% it usually works just fine. You don't have to lower it much.
GIFs are often useless because of their 256 color restriction.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Corair
|
Posted - 2006.03.18 00:23:00 -
[5]
Don't just sit down with PS and start making stuff - generally you'll come out with something fairly ugly.
Think ahead of what you'd like to see - picture it in your head and think of how you can make it. That's when you generally get good results.
I usually make funny sigs because they make me chuckle, but I make sigs for people I play with in games and I've found that making them give me a sample of ideas first is the only way I'll ever produce something they'd like. --------
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |