| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Helper Monkey
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 21:34:00 -
[1]
that is the question.....
is it worth it for me to spend 2x on the mission looting in my slow ship or is there possibly more ISK rushing through the missions. I mean are there any rare drops i could be missing in lvl 2 ?
I already skip the drone loot, was wondering what others thought.
|

Helper Monkey
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 21:36:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Helper Monkey on 17/03/2006 21:37:14 take into consideration being in a non tractor beam situation. also no MWD or afterburner, not worthwhile to fit them w/ my setups. I have thought aboutmaking a loot scooper ship eventually
|

Antares Lee
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 22:50:00 -
[3]
Well there are some rare drops selling for a million but most of it is junk. On the other hand when you reprocess the junk it's a nice bonus. On a rare occasion there drops a local hull conversion expanded cargo which goes for 25-30 mill. (I haven't got one yet, but a corp mate did). And yeah, the drone loot replaces the bounties in my eyes, it adds up... No idea which setup you fly, but it should be possible to fit an AB on every lvl 2 capable ship without gimping the setup too much. And an AB helps you in combat too, because in most cases you can dictate the range with it...
|

Helper Monkey
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 22:57:00 -
[4]
i think i will just fit a ship for collecting the loot for some of the bigger loot spread missions.
|

Mr Morph
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 23:19:00 -
[5]
Buy an industrial, cheap and light on skill req, equip it with 10mn AB and as many nanos as possible and voila you have a nice looter (sigil really shines here)
|

Spartan III
|
Posted - 2006.03.17 23:45:00 -
[6]
In my second week of eve I looted a pirate implant worth 50mill off the mission boss. He was in a kessie, in an encounter mission, and this was back in august of 2005.
Level 2 missions have actually been known to give better loot than level 3s. And anything that you don't sell you can get someone with good refining to refine it for you and you will make a bundle as loot usually refines a lot of zyd and mega. --- Wolven Elite Guard is recruiting - new and old players with high regard for high morals and values
OMFWTFYarrBQPwn3d!!!11eleventy-one  |

MuffinsRevenger
|
Posted - 2006.03.18 00:38:00 -
[7]
badger mk2
2 tracktor beams
2 sensorboosters
1 ab t2
cap rechargers
3 nanofibers
= looting machine
|

Kayl Breinhar
|
Posted - 2006.03.18 03:02:00 -
[8]
I've looted quite a few nice things (1m+ market value) off of L2 missions. So yeah, it's worth it, IMO.
|

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2006.03.18 03:11:00 -
[9]
I was using a ship too good for level 2 missions to do them to gain standings. Missions went extremely quickly if I didn't loot so I didn't bother. Might have missed a local hull or something but I don't mind.
Eve-Tanking.com - For the ultimate tanking spreadsheet and resources. |

Kye Do'lan
|
Posted - 2006.03.19 10:25:00 -
[10]
Ive just had a crystal implant from a dread frigate that spawned in a lv2 mission
|

Eisenhornx
|
Posted - 2006.03.20 00:42:00 -
[11]
ya i snagged a local hull conversion from my second lvl 2 mission.
havent got anything nice since then but 27 mil bonus is nice for a newbie like me. doubled my net worth
|

IcedBach Jr
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 10:56:00 -
[12]
got a caldary navy rocket launcher once :)
but its a bit rare getting smth, I now just leave it and move faster up to lv 4 Praeludium to success |

Hel Kali
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 13:14:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Hel Kali on 23/03/2006 13:14:54 use a sigil with AB and 5 nanofiber , it rocks for looting missions ^^ and its cheap ---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.linutx.be
|

DarthJesseBob
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 16:06:00 -
[14]
Mostly looting is borderline in terms of isk/time but those few times you collect good loot is worth it. I have a Kessie with MWD, tractor beams, 2xExpanders and a medium Can for loot collecting and with that i loot the drones cans too.
Occasionally if you have more than 500m3 of loot you will need to jetison your own loot can, but you can drag it with your tractor beam as you scoop up the other cans.
|

Shauuri
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:46:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Shauuri on 23/03/2006 18:47:09 Hate to break it to you, but running a 2nd account in this game is highly adviseable for time saving purposes. But hey, and extra 15 bux/mnth saves you countless hours in hauling/looting and SKILL POINTS! (Hey, I want to have my ore and PvP too).
In the case of looting, all those cans add up, even if it is junk. Train an alt to fly a cruiser, fit w/ 2-3 tractor beams (Tractor Beams = LOVE...you'll find that out right quick) and just gang w/ ur mission running character and feast upon the containers. I personally use an Osprey w/ 3 tractor beams, 3 expanders, sensor boosters and a MWD; works like a charm.
I recently made myself 2 cruisers just using minerals I from melted crapZor loot.
Of course, that odd rare item makes it really worth it. 
|

Sean Dillon
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:47:00 -
[16]
I once found a 4 mill cargo extender in a lvl 2 missions loot.
|

Phish1
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 23:05:00 -
[17]
150 mil implant from lvl 1 mission 
----------------- ---My 2 ISK--- ----------------- |

Lefia
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 02:04:00 -
[18]
Couple of nice options here. One if you can get a free mid slot fit a cargo scanner. They have a really long range and with nice guns you can quickly lock a bunch of cans, scan them and blow them up if they don't have anything worthwhile in them. I find this a nice quick method of dealing with loot in level 2 missions.
Alternatively if you have high gallente cruiser skill, I'd reccommend fitting an exequror thusly:
Hi: 4x tractorbeam Med: 1x10mn AB, 3x Cap Charger Low: 1xExpander, 2x nano-fiber (alternatively you can use 2xexpanders and 1x nano)
With level 4 gallente cruiser and 1x 18% expander you get a nice cargo of ~990 m/3, add another expander and it goes to ~1170. With 4 tractorbeams working you get quite a bit of loot cleaning goodness. I still perfer the sigil in many ways, but this setup is something I'm also a fan of. If they ever release medium tractor beams and their range is over 35km I'm pretty sure this one will be my new loot boat if I can fit 4 of them .
Originally by: hired goon I agree with every point and counter point that has been brought up in this and every other argument ever had.
|

Frobisher
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 11:14:00 -
[19]
And just a reminder .. simply because it hasn't been mentioned in this thread
bookmark a loot can from each stage Complete mission with Agent Then the cans drop into normal space and you can warp right too them with no jumping through gates or worrying about respawns Hey, this is my reality ... and I don't remember inviting you |

lemmingmeister
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 16:54:00 -
[20]
Got friends with money? - not worth it, stories bout great loot a rare
No friends with money and high SP 4 battle (4-5M SP 2 begin with)? - Not worth it, go 4 lvl 3's at least
No Friends with money and low SP - Maybe worth it, u need the money later 4 modules/ships and books
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |