| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jefski
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:19:00 -
[1]
Is there a pirate alliance controlled zone?
|

ParMizaN
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:20:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Jefski Is there a pirate alliance controlled zone?
Do you mean empire or 0.0?
Some systems i empire are often camped by pirate alliances such as pirate coalition however calling them "controlled" is not accurate. Most alliances in 0.0 are not "pirate" however nearly all shoot neutrals.
Phenomena of ironies, cast the litany aside How intelligible, blessed be the forgetful |

Famine Aligher'ri
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:21:00 -
[3]
Wish there was =(
|

Righteous Fury
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:26:00 -
[4]
I am a pirate, in an alliance, and we control the universe!!!!!11one
|

Wrok
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:26:00 -
[5]
LAWL...
|

wierchas noobhunter
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:27:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Jefski Is there a pirate alliance controlled zone?
9th fleet
join BioMass Cartel or die argggg
|

Soren
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 17:59:00 -
[7]
Once pirates claim 0.0 they're just another alliance.. Isn't that what basically happened to FE? ________________________________________________
|

JoKane
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:06:00 -
[8]
What Soren said. A pirate allaince in 0.0 is basicly just like all the other pvpers. And there is no pirate controlled zone in empire atm, but alot chokepoints are camped by pirate corps working togheter.
|

Jebidus Skari
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:23:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Soren Once pirates claim 0.0 they're just another alliance.. Isn't that what basically happened to FE?
FE originally tried to ditch their pirate pasts and try their hand at regional control but yeah, a pirate alliance 0.0 is just a group of PvP'ers (like BoB in a way )
|

DeWieKat
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:29:00 -
[10]
i guess SA will become a pirate alliance if bob keeps up pressure long enough...
(not a flamebate, just a thought)
|

Tarri
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:41:00 -
[11]
YARRRRR
PS: That was my first YARRRRR ever
|

Benny Hill
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:50:00 -
[12]
BoB is a pirate alliance.
|

Fi T'Zeh
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 18:53:00 -
[13]
   ....
|

SengH
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 19:14:00 -
[14]
FOE was a true alliance. I miss FOE.
|

LUKEC
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 19:17:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Jefski Is there a pirate alliance controlled zone?
Piracy is so last year snow... Alliances have nbsi policy in their territories usually, what makes them pirate in a sort of way.
On not home territory you can have either nbsi policy or not... but most alliances have nbsi, so... who cares about piracy.
Also every smart alliance won't give a damn if you have previous pirate experiences... at least it is a sign you are not a complete n00b and won't get ganked in the first belt you will enter.
Originally by: Commander Nikolas People like Lukec are the problem and they know it. Shin Ra's Raven has 4x WCS, Lukec's Dominix has 5x WCS & Ishtar has 2x WCS.
Antipiracy is causing brain damage |

Goberth Ludwig
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 21:12:00 -
[16]
piracy seem to have taken a back seat compared to last year umm
- Gob
(my nubie attempt at a forum sig, bare with me plz :p) |

Boonaki
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 22:13:00 -
[17]
Remember TPS then TPS/GN, bunch of pirates that controlled space. Fear the Ibis of doom. |

Entilzah Valen
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 10:43:00 -
[18]
When I started playing EVE, everything was "Pirate this, pirate that, they're pirates, so shoot the one that isn't an outlaw anyways."
After a while the fanatical nature of it all just gets boring, and people end up calling so and so a pirate just so they can shoot at them while saving face.
|

Eyeshadow
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 10:44:00 -
[19]
Originally by: SengH FOE was a true alliance. I miss FOE.
/signed. Bring back FOE so we can shoot em again. Best 3 weeks in EVE so far 
My Latest Vid (16/02/06) |

PirateShampoo
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 11:08:00 -
[20]
I miss FOE at there peak, MC war was pretty cool, i even got mentioned in the video MC made of it 
|

Berneh
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 11:12:00 -
[21]
Originally by: SengH FOE was a true alliance. I miss FOE.
/signed ______________________________________ Wakibaki > lady boys are better in bed than any english girl If you say so waki :) |

Rexthor Hammerfists
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 13:58:00 -
[22]
what happened with that pirate allaince that attacked pa btw? forgot the name..
btw, bnc, cant talk for rkk or evol arent allowed to pirate, only in zones where we are currently active like aridia as example.
when i first joined bnc, like1.5years ago i wasnt even allwoed to shoot neutrals , well things changed tot he good tho ;), and i heard when bnc was in norad they were antipirate.. hmm.. - Purple Conquered The World, We the Universe.
|

Nafri
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 14:02:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists what happened with that pirate allaince that attacked pa btw? forgot the name..
btw, bnc, cant talk for rkk or evol arent allowed to pirate, only in zones where we are currently active like aridia as example.
when i first joined bnc, like1.5years ago i wasnt even allwoed to shoot neutrals , well things changed tot he good tho ;), and i heard when bnc was in norad they were antipirate.. hmm..
back then thy were also in NORAD trying to protect the jummy Merchant Marines 
|

Liet Traep
|
Posted - 2006.03.24 22:26:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists what happened with that pirate allaince that attacked pa btw? forgot the name..
That was R.I.S.K alliance which was funded by R.U.S. Saga. Those were some fun fights. And let me tell you Shamis the ceo of S******dly is a hell of a pilot.
|

MOS DEF
|
Posted - 2006.03.25 11:13:00 -
[25]
Edited by: MOS DEF on 25/03/2006 11:13:15 There's piracy still? I thought there's only 0.0 alliances and wannabe 200k snipers in 0.4 by now. /me misses the days when pirates ransomed you at gates.
|

Swaffer
|
Posted - 2006.03.25 11:31:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists what happened with that pirate allaince that attacked pa btw? forgot the name..
btw, bnc, cant talk for rkk or evol arent allowed to pirate, only in zones where we are currently active like aridia as example.
when i first joined bnc, like1.5years ago i wasnt even allwoed to shoot neutrals , well things changed tot he good tho ;), and i heard when bnc was in norad they were antipirate.. hmm..
What, when BNC were in NORAD or ORES alliance?? Doesn't matter really, BNC used to be a bunch of miners that had to turn pvpers as they tried to kick all the pvpers out of ORES alliance, but failed, and so they created NORAD. That's when we "Geeklab" (the ORES pvpers) turned pirate on NORAD for trying to boot us out of 4C area in syndicate. Now we are in a "DO WHAT YOU WANT" alliance which works well, no stupid rules that alliances seem to make up.
|

Rasitiln
|
Posted - 2006.03.25 16:09:00 -
[27]
Originally by: MOS DEF Edited by: MOS DEF on 25/03/2006 11:13:15 There's piracy still? I thought there's only 0.0 alliances and wannabe 200k snipers in 0.4 by now. /me misses the days when pirates ransomed you at gates.
If you want to be ransomed at a gate ask ccp to remove gate guns in lowsec  Though at our last gate camp we did ransom a few guys. 
That 1% was enough - Wrangler |

Nosy
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 00:57:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Nosy on 26/03/2006 01:01:06 Yesterday, I didn't think that the topic is too interesting, because we kill in 0.0 anyway. I just thought that piracy is pointless in 0.0.
But I've changed my mind today. I lack a bit the motivation at the moment to fight big wars. I mean it's fun, but I'm just one of many and besides winning there seems to be no goal. I'm in a big alliance, who's fighting other big alliances. It's like being a soldier in an army of a powerful state. You think you are the good guy, fight big battles, alliance fleet vs. alliance fleet and after the war is over, the next big war comes. Why ? Because pvp alliances usually do something like that.
I think about, if being a pirate and living in a pirate infestation that includes some low sec space and 0.0 system more interesting. ( I don't want to live without 0.0 access, so pure empire piracy is nothing for me. )
Think I'm interested in a bunch of people, who don't care much about what other outsiders think. I'm interested in a group of people, who like the whole game and enjoy fights or just shooting/ransoming/whatever other players. People, who use their area as a base to produce equipment, make money e.g. with npc'ing and if they are in the mood, they fly around, kill people, ransom, cause havoc etc. whatever they like. For me producing stuff, hunting for the isk, defending my territory and fighting/killing is all part of the game.
People, who kill when and what they like (carebears or fighters, no matter, except there is a reason not to do it) without careing too much. People, who are not afraid to fight, if there is some chance to get an interesting fight against some good people, but also people, who are not afraid to retreat and avoid combat, once they are heavily outnumbered and have no chance. People, who also don't care much about the smack in that case.
Somehow I wish to play this game as a bad ass, liked by my fellows and a few other people, maybe hated by our victims and the people, who try to heavily outnumber us but fail, because we are clever enough not to play by their rules in that case. I mean, we would be pirates, mainly caring about our pirate infestation, our mates, our fun in fights and our daily income. 
P.S.: Before you start with a psycholgical analysis, there are quite some differences between in-game and RL. I treat others, like I want to be treated. This is a game and I accept it, if someone tries to make my life hard in game. It's part of the game, so for others this means ... 
Wonder if something like that is possible or if it's naiv to think this could work in EVE. This group I'm thinking of would be more like a wolf pack in their behaviour than a corp or a big army. 
|

Ceilidh
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 03:50:00 -
[29]
What makes someone a Pirate and not just a PeeVeePee'er? Is it just holding someone to ransom?
------------------- -Ceilidh (KAY-lee) |

Jefski
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 12:33:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Nosy Edited by: Nosy on 26/03/2006 01:01:06 Yesterday, I didn't think that the topic is too interesting, because we kill in 0.0 anyway. I just thought that piracy is pointless in 0.0.
But I've changed my mind today. I lack a bit the motivation at the moment to fight big wars. I mean it's fun, but I'm just one of many and besides winning there seems to be no goal. I'm in a big alliance, who's fighting other big alliances. It's like being a soldier in an army of a powerful state. You think you are the good guy, fight big battles, alliance fleet vs. alliance fleet and after the war is over, the next big war comes. Why ? Because pvp alliances usually do something like that.
I think about, if being a pirate and living in a pirate infestation that includes some low sec space and 0.0 system more interesting. ( I don't want to live without 0.0 access, so pure empire piracy is nothing for me. )
Think I'm interested in a bunch of people, who don't care much about what other outsiders think. I'm interested in a group of people, who like the whole game and enjoy fights or just shooting/ransoming/whatever other players. People, who use their area as a base to produce equipment, make money e.g. with npc'ing and if they are in the mood, they fly around, kill people, ransom, cause havoc etc. whatever they like. For me producing stuff, hunting for the isk, defending my territory and fighting/killing is all part of the game.
People, who kill when and what they like (carebears or fighters, no matter, except there is a reason not to do it) without careing too much. People, who are not afraid to fight, if there is some chance to get an interesting fight against some good people, but also people, who are not afraid to retreat and avoid combat, once they are heavily outnumbered and have no chance. People, who also don't care much about the smack in that case.
Somehow I wish to play this game as a bad ass, liked by my fellows and a few other people, maybe hated by our victims and the people, who try to heavily outnumber us but fail, because we are clever enough not to play by their rules in that case. I mean, we would be pirates, mainly caring about our pirate infestation, our mates, our fun in fights and our daily income. 
P.S.: Before you start with a psycholgical analysis, there are quite some differences between in-game and RL. I treat others, like I want to be treated. This is a game and I accept it, if someone tries to make my life hard in game. It's part of the game, so for others this means ... 
Wonder if something like that is possible or if it's naiv to think this could work in EVE. This group I'm thinking of would be more like a wolf pack in their behaviour than a corp or a big army. 
U got my attention 
|

ParMizaN
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 12:46:00 -
[31]
i miss foe too, it rocked 
Phenomena of ironies, cast the litany aside How intelligible, blessed be the forgetful |

Hast
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 13:46:00 -
[32]
You cease to be a pirate if you claim space imo, then your a grumpy landlord Recruit me |

Elendar
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 14:20:00 -
[33]
piwates are bad men :(
|

Tenacha Khan
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 17:36:00 -
[34]
I miss the original Forsaken Empire up till when they started mining.
there are lots of small pirate alliances out there, Tundragon and Teddybears is one that has been going for ages, Teddybears is disolved now and most are in The Exotic Dancers Club and still Aliied with Tundragon.
There is Pirate Coiliton (**** me, but I cant spell) with old timers like Mafia and beer and kebabs.
PC probably has their own reasons for forming a 'real alliance', but I perfer to give people the cheap option of war deccing...it doesnt happen often but when it does its like, well damm awsome 
|

The Destr0y3r
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 18:55:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Righteous Fury I am a pirate, in an alliance, and we control the universe!!!!!11one
No you dont, BOB control ya
|

Archangel Deck
|
Posted - 2006.03.26 22:34:00 -
[36]
The is no longer any pirate controled zones, u will get a pirate infestation everyonce and awhile in an area but thats a close as u will get to it now
Its a shame but the best pirate corp in eve is no longer active, Jokers were the best didnt matter who u were CoD, PA, NSA, or BoB u avoided Jexter and his gang if u wanted to live. _____________________________
|

Kerm
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 00:59:00 -
[37]
Originally by: wierchas noobhunter
Originally by: Jefski Is there a pirate alliance controlled zone?
9th fleet
Thanks for the mention, though we dont really "Claim" the space we fly in...we just terrorize it YARR!! 
|

Maya Rkell
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 01:09:00 -
[38]
Edited by: Maya Rkell on 27/03/2006 01:12:09
Originally by: Rexthor Hammerfists what happened with that pirate allaince that attacked pa btw? forgot the name..
RISK.
We were defeated by POS bugs, but it was one heck of a ride while we were on the upswing.
PS Swaffer? loool
"The Human eye is a marvelous device, with a very little effort it can overlook all but the most glaring injustice" - Quellchrist Falconer |

Wendat Huron
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 05:10:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Ceilidh What makes someone a Pirate and not just a PeeVeePee'er? Is it just holding someone to ransom?
Picking targets you think have something remotely worth the hassle to shoot at other than the thrill itself.
|

Wierdal
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 05:31:00 -
[40]
Originally by: SengH FOE was a true alliance. I miss FOE.
/signed
|

enjoi
|
Posted - 2006.03.27 21:23:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Kerm
Originally by: wierchas noobhunter
Originally by: Jefski Is there a pirate alliance controlled zone?
9th fleet
Thanks for the mention, though we dont really "Claim" the space we fly in...we just terrorize it YARR!! 
We do our best 
Just an example - 50 corpses on villore gate cutesy of enjoi, and the other crazy dudes in 9th.
Pop by Essence anytime! 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |