| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ridjeck Thome
|
Posted - 2006.03.25 09:42:00 -
[1]
Hi all
Ive been reading a fair few posts about the Occator and its tanking abilties.
Overall, its pretty clear its one tough ship - but I'd like to ask a couple of people to give me a 'real experience' of what theyve managed to tank whilst lugging something owards the gate 15km away.
It would be very much appreciated - it will help me decide how much risk there is in hauling a couple of things through low sec. Clearly there are other things I can do (instas, scouts etc), which I intend to set up, but this is just to help me gauge the 'worst case' scenario; 15km from a gate - gank squad gatecamping...what sort of firepower could the occator survive?
Ta in advance all
|

B0rn2KiLL
|
Posted - 2006.03.25 11:09:00 -
[2]
ve seen it tank 2 snipatesmpests for 10km off gate
--- When It Absolutely Positively Has To Be Desotroyed. |

Celestra Doxaila
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 04:11:00 -
[3]
I am interested in the Transports as well. I am debating learning the skills currently. (Though I suppose it should wait until after Mining Barge 5). I was wondering what kind of menuverability the blocade runner offers, and which transports are the best at running the gauntlet.
|

Pharuan
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 13:59:00 -
[4]
Well, on the test server I had one set up that was able to take the force of a nyxs fighters through two warps... They didn't follow after that. But they still did insane damage. It was able to tank a Phoenix as well as all the other battleships that bothered to shoot at me in the free for all area.
|

Kael D'mende
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:11:00 -
[5]
Aint the Minmatar the best transport ships ? always thought the mastodon was the best tanker of em, but i could be wrong though :O/
/Kael |

Hohenheim OfLight
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:14:00 -
[6]
minmar one is godley but not the best on tank, but it makes up for it with speed. you wont have to tank as long. ----------------------------------------------
|

Essence Girl
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:41:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Celestra Doxaila I am interested in the Transports as well. I am debating learning the skills currently. (Though I suppose it should wait until after Mining Barge 5). I was wondering what kind of menuverability the blocade runner offers, and which transports are the best at running the gauntlet.
Have experience with the Viator, and it's great for lowsec/0.0
For lowsec most snipers won't even bother to fire a shot - they won't get through your shield before you reach the gate.
Agility of a fast cruiser, and goes around 2k/s with MWD. With that ships I'm confident enough to go between empire and 0.0 unescorted - only a heavy gatecamp will stop me, but those are child's play to spot and avoid. The Viator is not as good at taking sustained fire, but it has enough defenses to get you outta trouble in one piece. Small cargo space though (comparatively).
I have less experience with the Occator but it's a very solid platform. I wouldn't use it for regular 0.0 to empire trips, but it's certainly a better place to put those expensive named expanders than a paper Iteron.
And from what I've heard the Caldari transports make good defensive use of EW, thanks to lots of medslots and decent locktimes.
|

Kael D'mende
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:49:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Hohenheim OfLight minmar one is godley but not the best on tank, but it makes up for it with speed. you wont have to tank as long.
so for 0.0 operation only, what would u suggest ?, according to my compare etc.. the minmatar seems to be the best option, but everyone is saying viator and occ is the best ?
/Kael |

Theron Gyrow
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:56:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Kael D'mende
Originally by: Hohenheim OfLight minmar one is godley but not the best on tank, but it makes up for it with speed. you wont have to tank as long.
so for 0.0 operation only, what would u suggest ?, according to my compare etc.. the minmatar seems to be the best option, but everyone is saying viator and occ is the best ?
I'd pick Minmatar. They have brilliant resists for shield tanking, which means free low slots for WCS/nanos/expanders.
-- Gradient's forum |

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 15:57:00 -
[10]
You knwo waht the Occator loves? 'Greaves' Medium Armour Repairer. It's a T1 armour repairer with the stats of T2 that uses 135 grid. You can get bpcs of it from amarr and gallente COSMOS, apparantly. Then you have to collect components, which is a *****, to build it and you need a special skill to do so too.
Eve-Tanking.com - For the ultimate tanking spreadsheet and resources. |

Ab Initio
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 20:06:00 -
[11]
Well.. Experiences with my hauler alt:
* Tanked 3 x Long Range BS (mix of tempests and megas) the 15km to a gate. * Tanked a gankageddon long enough to jump. * Tanked a Blasterthron long enough to jump (this guy had a multispec instead of a web.. Oops).
I also use my Occator to tank 0.0 spawns without any problems (that setup can tank the spawn indefinently. Gives you an idea how tough it is.
|

Hans Rex
|
Posted - 2006.03.30 20:56:00 -
[12]
I have flown both a fair amount in 0.0. I found I could survive anything but a warp bubble and webs in an Occator.
Since RMR, I have switched exclusively to the Viator. I set nano's in lows, and a microwarp in mids. Speed always gets me to the gate. Also don't sell short the ability to travel at 9AU in warp. If being chased, you will quickly loose whatever is following you. When traveling across large systems the time difference from gate to gate can be significant.
Between the two its a choice between tank and speed. The Occator moves like a bus with flat tires, even with high end nav. skills. 0.0 gate camps will be right on the gate. Low sec. camps typically will be at sniper range. In low sec the Occator will do better than in 0.0.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |