| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Santel
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 10:58:00 -
[1]
Any way you can connect from work to your Win XP (pro in my case) log on to EVE and change your skills by using Remote Desktop or VNC?
This is what i have tried: 1. Remote Desktop from win2k into WinXP Pro and start up EVE. - Result you only see the start up splash screen. You never get to license or login screen. This is prob in code so not a 100 persons can use the same client program over Terminal Server.
2. Started EVE in Windows mode before i went to work and then Remote Desktoped into my computer. - Result : Can see window but content is black.
3. Disable Remote Desktop and installed VNC server. Result Win XP Pro has an VNC issue resulting that you have to shut down a lot of services.. I didnt bother.
4. Would like to test VNC over Win98, since Win98 dont have any VNC issues. - Result: Still in progress.
Q1: Have any of you managed to remotly connect to your computer and had access to the eve enviroment? If so.. how did you do it.
Q2: Is the only viable solution to install the game at work in order to be able to change skills before you go home?
Santel.
|

Kerry
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:10:00 -
[2]
To solve this problem, I just quit working so that I could devote all my time to EVE.
|

Wierdo
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:16:00 -
[3]
i use xp, vnc works fine for me using both the client and the java client. i didn't have to turn off any services that i'm aware of, only fiddle with the firewall a little to open the correct ports. |

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:21:00 -
[4]
About remoting... I think it cannot be done due to graphic card issues.... I might be wrong though.
Better Solution:
Quit Job, $2000 money and move to malasia.
With $1000 buy a mansion With $500 buy a sweatshop with a hijacked T3 With $500 buy 20 computers
Get kids to play eve all day or EQ(better) and farm items you can later sell on ebay.
When you make $50,000 move to another poor country (not as poor) and start over.
In about 5 years you willbe a Chinese Kingpin.
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Shock
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:21:00 -
[5]
Our CEO Datsevlu is often remotely online during work to run sales so it is possible. But leaving station is not really an option.
I have no idea how he manages it though. --- soonÖ |

Liquid Ice
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:41:00 -
[6]
Quote: About remoting... I think it cannot be done due to graphic card issues.... I might be wrong though. /quote]
Nar it works fine,
bit of a nono to try to do anything in space (aside from autopilot)
but everything else it works great
|

Kerry
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:49:00 -
[7]
Quote:
Quote: About remoting... I think it cannot be done due to graphic card issues.... I might be wrong though. /quote]
Nar it works fine,
bit of a nono to try to do anything in space (aside from autopilot)
Need to borrow a [ ?
but everything else it works great
|

Liquid Ice
|
Posted - 2003.09.12 11:53:00 -
[8]
Quote:
Need to borrow a [ ?
opps deleted too much,
one of my little bug bears that people quote huge posts then reply to the last line, bad enough reading some of the posts on forumns with out having to re-read em all the time..
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |