| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Usul Faust
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 13:12:00 -
[61]
Edited by: Usul Faust on 03/04/2006 13:15:07
WoW:
I got my warlock to 60 just under 3 weeks after EU release. Then I had to farm all the best PvP gear which took me about 4 months in total. By now I was a freaking killing machine. Dripping in epic bling, I was producing the sort of 1-shot-kill shadowbolt crits that makes Blizz get the nerf bat out.
I'd quit by December last year becsaue there wasn't anything left to do.
Eve:
This character was born on christmas eve, has enough money, and i've not even bothered trying to train BS' because i won't be able to fly one properly for months.
Make of that what you will.
no skills, just luck.
|

Boonaki
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 14:48:00 -
[62]
With 3 years investment, you can fly everything from a single race (including a titan), do missions, mine, build, use all the racial weapons, and have all the electronics and engineering skills at atleast 4. Why would you want every skill at level 5? I know I have less then a mil SP in science and industry.
In 1 year, you can pick a single class of ships and be perfectly proffecient in that class, say a HAC or a recon cruiser.
Other games you end up grinding for 1000's of hours, sitting in front of the computer, I can log off, go spend time with the family, and the only thing I lose is NPCing time. Fear the Ibis of doom. |

cyrra
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 15:32:00 -
[63]
I have to agree with most of the other posters. I came to eve from Everquest. Took two years to get my fighter to level 45 than i couldnt advance anymore. Want to know why? cause i couldnt find a group. I had to havea group to be able to play the game.
thanks to eve i can play the whole game by myself if i so choose. I have been playing eve for over two years now and i can barely do any of the things there are to do. I have never pvp'd, never ran a pos. Just think of all the stuff left to do. With no end to the game like in other mmo's i am free to do and try everything. And i dont have to be some uber 60th level to do it.
And with the skills being trained while you are online or not i am free to have my life and my family and still have eve.
I just started my own corp which has made eve even more fun. and my husband also plays so i can spend time with him and play a fun game where i dont have to grind exp all day and night.
My sister is still hard core EQ grinder and where does she get after playing for years and years well nowhere except hoping and prayng for a new expansion to come out so she has comething new to do.
I will never quit eve especially after we recently started our sixth account. LOL
|

cyrra
|
Posted - 2006.04.03 15:33:00 -
[64]
Forgot to mention eve is also unlike most other mmo's as you cant start the game and be powerleveled to where you want to be so you can use the good gear.
I despise powerleveling.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |