| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Valium Summer
|
Posted - 2006.04.05 19:54:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Valium Summer on 05/04/2006 19:58:32 If it were possible to change some of the ships models, you know, update them without affecting the existing ones.
Looks only..
example... From a certain day forward Caracal blueprints produce a different looking Caracal. The old "model" caracals would slowly become rare as they are lost in battles... they would be valued as "Classics".
I think this is my way of saying i think the Caracal is UGLY.
I have seen the Arctic Circle... And it is round. |

Mai Shiranui
|
Posted - 2006.04.06 00:55:00 -
[2]
Actually... that's not a bad idea. Status quo while appearing to change. I'm amazed your not a dev.
|

Drizit
|
Posted - 2006.04.06 08:21:00 -
[3]
It would be nice if they could do this instead of making changes to existing ships. For example, they decide to put an extra 10m3 drone bay on a ship. Why not make it a update variant of the existing one? In reality, you have already bought your ship so it should be the same as it always was. I also acts the saem in reverse, so a nerf only affects new models. If you have an old model that hasn't been nerfed, you are less inclined to lose it because of the extra value it has so you are less inclined to chance it in battle. While you still have the abilities that it was nerfed for, you will tend to nerf yourself by being reluctant to chance losing it.
--
|

Jack Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.04.06 09:41:00 -
[4]
thats a bloody good idea. also they could make limited edition bpc's that are only available for a month or so, and they have a slightly different look about them or something. -------------------------------------------------- [INSIN]erate you foes
|

Fuchsia
|
Posted - 2006.04.06 13:06:00 -
[5]
Car manufactures change their models every year. Or they change their colour. So could Eve ships. A change of paintwork (Caldari)and new minor fittings would be good.
|

Joe Richter
|
Posted - 2006.04.06 14:08:00 -
[6]
It makes me laugh that you're talking about changing ugly looking Caldari ships......and you choose the Caracel over the Moa, Scorpion or Raven!
|

Joerd Toastius
|
Posted - 2006.04.06 14:13:00 -
[7]
Limited edition BPCs with metallic paint and free air-con. I like it 
|

NE Weevil
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 00:17:00 -
[8]
lol Joe I couldn't agree more! About the Moa anyway. As for the Caracal I think it is a pretty smart ship - especially with 5 heavy missiles coming off it trying to outgun my gankergeddon! muahahahaha
Anyway, great idea - but the reason most ships are changed slightly is because they are being nerfed to suit the game (to make it fair). CCP don't really change the ships because they fancy a change. I think it would be cool if they introduced a couple of hundred battleship BPOs of which there are only 1 of each, and each is unique. Therefore you could in effect own something unique. Sort of heading in the direction of personal ship construction where you design your own ships - not sure if that would be possible with current hardware though.
Would be cool though! - Ok back to the beer
|

Jinx Barker
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 00:20:00 -
[9]
I will be happy when they finally show launcher hardpoints on Caldari Ships. I keep firing from the middle of my ship.
|

Drizit
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 01:13:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Joerd Toastius Limited edition BPCs with metallic paint and free air-con. I like it 
The air con comes free anyway, just fly into an enemy gate camp with no instas. 
--
|

Sovy Kurosei
|
Posted - 2006.04.09 01:41:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Drizit
Originally by: Joerd Toastius Limited edition BPCs with metallic paint and free air-con. I like it 
The air con comes free anyway, just fly into an enemy gate camp with no instas. 
Or a warp bubble with. 
--- Punishers 4TW! |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |