| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ruffio Sepico
|
Posted - 2003.09.18 19:47:00 -
[1]
I have nothing against corperations in this game, far from it, but atm do fine on my own, and like the easy goings in the starting school corps as well as help out new playes to the game.
Once in a while, well actually more and more now recent I experienced alt chars join and start spam the channal with advertisement for their corp. Sadly I see new players being suckered in with blury eyes for later end up feeling used.
Frankly is there a need to be lame gimps spamming channals with alts, as well as mass post in eve-mail. If you got a good corperation the reputation spreads and people want to join by themselves. Numbers isnt everything you know. I have no respect for corps that do these things, and frankly I beliee their chance of success is equal to NILL.
So if you are a new player to this game, dont fall for these scumbags trying to lure you into their deadbeat corp's. If you want to join a corp start look around and check out your options. Dont believe everything people tell you and promises about free ships and god whatnot. To many ended up mine their ass of for no gains in this game, dont become the next sucker on the list.
sigh...
Home: http://www.hidden-agenda.co.uk HiD Kills: http://eve.hidden-agenda.co.uk/kill_list.php
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.09.18 19:55:00 -
[2]
It's a BIG problem.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Skillz
|
Posted - 2003.09.18 20:32:00 -
[3]
I agree, let's podkill them for even trying to get 'free ships'.

Keep on flaming, lamers.
|

Captain Carebear
|
Posted - 2003.09.18 20:41:00 -
[4]
We must nurture and love the newbies and help them on their way! Everyone has a stake in seeing newbies succeed!
|

Asimir Kurdugal
|
Posted - 2003.09.18 22:04:00 -
[5]
The best recruitment tool I've seen is to get your corporation in a good war.
________________________________________________ Moving again, comfort of the chase Now and again, this my saving grace Dead on the inside, I've got nothing to prove Keep me alive and give me something to lose I've been gone so long, but I will come back I will come back for you |

Wild Rho
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 07:11:00 -
[6]
One major problem for the new corp though is that the offices in newb space are already taken by the older corps. Alot of newb players dont use the Recruitment channel either very much os this is the only other way.
Fair enough I take your point about ppl spamming the school channel but we for one do NOT scam our members into minning their asses (or any other part of their anatomy) off for our corp so I am gonna use this to advertise my corp for new recruits.
If you dont beleive me ask any of our corps members at any time.
I have the body of a supermodel. I just can't remember where I left it... |

DREAMWORKS
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 08:17:00 -
[7]
Quote:
I have nothing against corperations in this game, far from it, but atm do fine on my own, and like the easy goings in the starting school corps as well as help out new playes to the game.
Once in a while, well actually more and more now recent I experienced alt chars join and start spam the channal with advertisement for their corp. Sadly I see new players being suckered in with blury eyes for later end up feeling used.
Frankly is there a need to be lame gimps spamming channals with alts, as well as mass post in eve-mail. If you got a good corperation the reputation spreads and people want to join by themselves. Numbers isnt everything you know. I have no respect for corps that do these things, and frankly I beliee their chance of success is equal to NILL.
So if you are a new player to this game, dont fall for these scumbags trying to lure you into their deadbeat corp's. If you want to join a corp start look around and check out your options. Dont believe everything people tell you and promises about free ships and god whatnot. To many ended up mine their ass of for no gains in this game, dont become the next sucker on the list.
sigh...
Its a problem even other corporation got effects from, why you ask?
Well for one: The other corporation who don't recruit at this way will not meet people looking for a corporation when they just joined. These new guys, who i love to welcome in my corp, will never see any other corporation than these larger ones.
As second point, these corporations corrupt members in my eyes... They milk the new players and after they used them, they leave them behind with nothing on their hands. The end result is that these people have certain demands: A cruiser, a battleships, free skills... While a corporation cannot be 100% sure their donated cruiser isnt gone next time you log on.
Also it makes us go to the same level of recruiting, since we also want some members to join a corporation... So you have to lower yourself to get the same end result, while we dont make isk from members (Were a corporation that asks only 5% tax for bpc's that are used for everyone in the corp.)...
So basicly these recruitings are bad, but im serious thinking about recruiting in such a way. __________________________
http://www.nin.com/visuals/thtf_hi.html |

Ruby LeFonte
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 08:57:00 -
[8]
Two weeks back I did a Harassment petition as one corp I shan't mention keeps on mailing me unwanted messages.
It's constantly a new 'alt', so blocking isn't an option.
Haven't heard a thing from CCP yet.
Just because we are paranoid, doesn't mean you're not out to get us. |

DREAMWORKS
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 11:21:00 -
[9]
Quote: Two weeks back I did a Harassment petition as one corp I shan't mention keeps on mailing me unwanted messages.
It's constantly a new 'alt', so blocking isn't an option.
Haven't heard a thing from CCP yet.
It isnt harassment, Pann wanted action too... but they cant. __________________________
http://www.nin.com/visuals/thtf_hi.html |

Couch Monkey
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 13:18:00 -
[10]
Although spamming channels that dont pertain to recruiting is wrong. I think it might be a little harsh to condem all corps who advertise. We do it quite regularly, we also post recent mergers on the corp forum. This is for new recruits and others to see how we are doing and to get our name out there.
I have recruited a lot of people from these posts. Soe of them are high ranking members of my organization. I am not sure about other corps but we do not use them for mining slaves and grunts. We help them grow into better players. We dont give our members much of anything, they dont learn that way. Everyone has earned everything that they have in our corp. Granted we are able to make available equipment and ships at a reduced cost.
I think we have a pretty good reputation with the people of Eve, I know we do with our customers, but even then, it would take us forever to recruit on that basis alone.
|

Cardassius
|
Posted - 2003.09.19 14:00:00 -
[11]
My corp only recruits through ingame and this forum. And we aren't that big either!
You can do fine on your own but if you WANT to be on your own you don't join a corp!
And you definately don't check out things here :)
A corp educates better than EVE will ;)
ASCI Recruiting! |

Fetty Chico
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 02:09:00 -
[12]
I doubt there any thing a corp can teach me
------------------------------------------------ Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly.
If this world was supposed to be friendly CCP wouldnt have wasted time paying the devs to code so many weapons |

Krac
|
Posted - 2003.09.20 03:00:00 -
[13]
i reported the noob mail spam as an exploit
went throgh 3 gms but in the end a gm "fixed" my problem
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |