| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Hexess
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
3
|
Posted - 2014.03.24 15:53:00 -
[1] - Quote
My (not so trusty) desktop decided to die on me a few days ago. Sadly it appears to have suffered multiple organ failure, and both the motherboard and gfx card are borked. As we're now a family of 5, I've decided to turn the spare room over to the kids as a play room (read - somewhere to dump all the crap) and invest in a laptop.
Just curious as to what you guys are using laptop wise, and what you've found you're able to get away with in so far as mid-range laptops are concerned. I don't have a huge budget and I'm more concerned with gameplay fluidity that stupendous gfx, so I have no problem dialling down the settings if need be.
I'm not looking to spend any more than around -ú500, and wondered if any of you are getting a decent gaming experience on something of that value, and if so, what are the specs?
TIA. |

Aspalis
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
529
|
Posted - 2014.03.24 16:06:00 -
[2] - Quote
You won't get very far with -ú500 if you are looking for a brand new laptop, especially one to play game on. Your best chance is frankly to find one on Ebay with a decent enough GPU.
Considered a mITX computer instead of your old desktop?
edit: I threw together a mITX build. I went over your budget with -ú2.45.. Sorry! :( |

Hexess
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
4
|
Posted - 2014.03.24 16:10:00 -
[3] - Quote
Yeah that's what I thought.
I could look at getting a compact I guess, but if I'm going to downsize I'd rather have the inherent mobility that a laptop provides.
I'll wait a week or two and stretch my budget a little. |

DaReaper
Net 7 The Last Brigade
277
|
Posted - 2014.03.25 20:09:00 -
[4] - Quote
i'm 90% sure this is my laptop (not at home so can't check) Laptop
if you have the money, it can play one account on full graphics with no issues. I have not tested it with moe, nor have I combat tested. My wife keeps borrowing it to play facebook games... sigh |

DaReaper
Net 7 The Last Brigade
277
|
Posted - 2014.03.25 20:11:00 -
[5] - Quote
from what I have noticed, the one I just posted is my 3rd laptop I keep upgrading, unless it has a dedicated ram then the performace for eve is not very good. My one before was an i5 with 4gb of ram and a NVidia chipset, but the ram was not dedicated, eve was nearly unplayable |

Spine Bastanold
Evil Monkey Asylum Evil Monkeys Asylum
4
|
Posted - 2014.03.27 11:26:00 -
[6] - Quote
Just to add some confusion into the mix I play on a HP G6 notebook I bought nearly 2 years ago for -ú440, specs below
I'm a new player so have not played on anything else, I say this only to show I have nothing to compare my performance to, I have a top spec PC but the convenience of playing in my comfy chair with my feet up in front of the TV wins every time. I have not even loaded EVE up on the PC. I was playing on full but turned it down as someone said Jita would lagg me out. Graphics are not a huge issue for me so I just never turned it back up. I think Im playing on min specs but with effects all on If I'm getting any frame rate lag I am not aware of it My only real issue is resolution, in so much as windows take up a lot of room, but again Im not too worried about that. I currently fly in fleets of up to 20 people and I don't think that hardware is holding me back.
Specs HP G6 Notebook AMD A8-3520 with Radeon HD Graphics 1.60 GHz 6GB RAM Wireless rather than plugged in. The stickers say Quad core and Radeon Dual Graphics
Apologies if this doesn't help |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |