| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 15:58:00 -
[1]
Well I am not usually one for moaning but I am loosing patience very quickly with the eve support.
LetÆs start from the beginning the problem started on the 27th march 2006. Basically what is happening any time I am in combat with more than one person with this character I crash to desktop. It doesnÆt matter what computer or internet connection I am on the problem exists but only with one character. There are about 6 different characters played on my home network of computers and only my character has problems.
So on the above date I submitted a petition for the problem and return of my ship, the first gm I spoke to was very helpful and we spoke in game and he returned my ship as I lost it doing things he asked all was good and well he said they would look into it for me. So this is where the problem begins.
I have had the petition open doing everything that I have been asked filling out bug reports, sending dx diags, upgrading computers, tracing ipÆs etc etc etc. Now I seem to have hit a brick wall. I am a pirate that is what I do. I keep getting told just to play the game normally, so due to my profession this involves pvp almost always with more than one person. So doing what I was advised I have lost ship after ship and pod after pod.
I update the petition every time with what happened as I was asked to do, I continually do what I am asked to by devs and gmÆs yet I still have the same problem.
Now it has got to the point where I have had no update from ccp since the 9th of april 2006 now surely that is not right?
I know other people have problems with eve but keeping me waiting that long with no updates at all? Can a dev or someone from ccp please look into this for me?
No this isnÆt a I am quitting eve if nothing is done thread I just want to bring it to someoneÆs attention to try and get a resolve to my problem.
Many thanks
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

ApophisXP
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 16:04:00 -
[2]
I've had the same problem before, the GMs only help was to direct me in circles so i just left it and delt with it. Sad to say i know but after the first few replies i gave up hope with their support and left it.
Weird though since the update/upgrade to their new cluster it seems to be working a bit better now.
|

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 16:08:00 -
[3]
Yes the replies I have recieved have sent me in circles but now I am not getting anything.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Imperial Coercion
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 16:21:00 -
[4]
Hope you get your stuff back.
|

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 16:26:00 -
[5]
Yes I hope so to over 500mil worth of ship and modules aswell as pods. I would be happy if I was able to actually pvp against more than one person.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

DukDodgerz
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 16:48:00 -
[6]
Not sure just what you are wanting with your post.
Is it just to whine, or did you want actual help from the other forum 'people'?
If you want help, post info related to your PC, ISP connection, times, network setup (firewalls used if any).
You can't just point the finger at CCP for all your gaming woes if you do not provide data to back it up. As far as we know, you are on a pII 333 with 128meg of ram, using a trident video card with 8 megs of vram, and a 9600 baud modem using 100year old copper to the provider...
details are important, give us some, and we (forum warriors) might be able to help you. ...
English only, please.-Capsicum |

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 16:55:00 -
[7]
No I am not just psoting to have a whine, help from forum user would be good but the main point of the thread was to grab the attention of a dev or gm to get me a long awaited update.
Pc / Laptop setup varies between my location but normally I play on my Dell XPS desktop or XPS laptop. I have also triend on a number of friends pc's who plays eve and same issue.
I have also tried on a number of different connection ranging from 1mb to a dedicated 100mbit line and problem remains the same. In combat with more than one person off to desktop I go.
My main connection is 2mb through a router, tried using a usb modem and a number of different routers all the same problem with only this account.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Alekto Erinys
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 17:45:00 -
[8]
From the situation you describe, it seems as if it is almost certianly a server-side problem. 
Sorry... I can't be any more helpful than that. 
|

Fiona Appletart
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 18:24:00 -
[9]
It's the new anti-piwat weapon, Pod Disruption.
Needs the power of two ships to do it though.  |

dantes inferno
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 18:32:00 -
[10]
well if your getting it on that character alone...on several different machines, and other characters work fine on those machines that would have to be a problem on ccp's side of it..there is no way in hell a problem on a pc/user/isp side of things which would affect a single char on several machines and still have eve work fine for any other char used on those machines. _____ This is a Stain Alliance Fighter. It is protecting the assets of Stain Alliance, and may attack anyone it perceives as a threat, Threat Level: Trigglarist Fundermentalist |

Lethaldream
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 18:38:00 -
[11]
It seems to me that the easy thing for CCP to do would be to catalog everything about the character then delete him. Create a new character and load all the cataloged info to that character. All done. They probably will have a problem admitting they have a problem though.
|

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 19:03:00 -
[12]
Thank you guys ki would say its a server side problem but I keep getting that its my machine, connection etc. I dont know how many times ive stated its only one account non of the other ones.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

DukDodgerz
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 19:11:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Lethaldream It seems to me that the easy thing for CCP to do would be to catalog everything about the character then delete him. Create a new character and load all the cataloged info to that character. All done. They probably will have a problem admitting they have a problem though.
I have to agree with this solution.
The OP's pc/Laptop is more then able to handle eve, connections too. Add that the same thing happens on other pc/locations points at a corrupt charactor DB recordset.
and you will rarely get a dba to admit that THEIR db has any issues (well, ccp's admits it more then most will).
 ...
English only, please.-Capsicum |

nahtoh
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 19:19:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Don Carn'age Thank you guys ki would say its a server side problem but I keep getting that its my machine, connection etc. I dont know how many times ive stated its only one account non of the other ones.
Yeah I know someone thats has a simular problem, with only the one character...does not have the same issues with his other accounts... ========= "I am not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why can`t we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem fix its self |

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 21:52:00 -
[15]
so what do you thing the chances of me actually get a gm / dev to post on this?
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Kerushi
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 21:55:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Kerushi on 02/05/2006 21:55:36 feel free to join me in 5 days, taking the **** from customer support aswell heh ________________ I don't DO graphics, here's a sig anyway, wubwoo - Cortes lol thanks :-) |

Admiral Abhorsen
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 22:01:00 -
[17]
Hope you get your stuff back ^^, Sucky circumstances =(
Win a Crystal Implant SET! |

Charoth Amperod
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 22:40:00 -
[18]
Do it happen on test server ? There you can go with a gm/dev and he can shot you and maybe monitor what happens.
|

The Ratfink
|
Posted - 2006.05.02 23:16:00 -
[19]
This definately does not sound like your normal run of the mill problems
Just to clarify so basically you have more than 1 character and with the other characters your eve client runs fine against more than 1 player combat. Only one of your chars persistantly crash to desktop when more than one person PVP's against you?
Sounds very dodgy and eve server sidish to me. Im assuming you've already reinstalled the client quite a few times(from scratch) and deleted your cache files several times over with no effect.
Perhaps someone needs to look at your character itself and try and repair it or rebuild it with same attributes,skills and assets.
|

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 03:38:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Lethaldream It seems to me that the easy thing for CCP to do would be to catalog everything about the character then delete him. Create a new character and load all the cataloged info to that character. All done. They probably will have a problem admitting they have a problem though.
I don't know about you, but I bet some people would love to have a 1-day old char will millions of sps...
Originally by: Dark Shikari Istvaan Shogaatsu's ego, when combined with a veldspar asteroid, would create 500 titans. Too bad he's never mined.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran |

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 08:28:00 -
[21]
Originally by: The Ratfink This definately does not sound like your normal run of the mill problems
Just to clarify so basically you have more than 1 character and with the other characters your eve client runs fine against more than 1 player combat. Only one of your chars persistantly crash to desktop when more than one person PVP's against you?
Sounds very dodgy and eve server sidish to me. Im assuming you've already reinstalled the client quite a few times(from scratch) and deleted your cache files several times over with no effect.
Perhaps someone needs to look at your character itself and try and repair it or rebuild it with same attributes,skills and assets.
Yes I agree, surely the only thing consistent with this problem is the server / character? I have tried reinstalls on multiple occasions both eve and windows on a number of system problem remains.
As I expected all these view and no reply from a dev or gm and still no petition update.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Kitty O'Shay
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 08:37:00 -
[22]
Well from my experience during the cluster upgrade, pvp reimbursments don't happen. 
I've gotten a ship back lost to lag when fighting npcs. But if pvp is involved, your claim gets blackholed. I have one in right now for a ship lost to an overview bug, and don't have much hope for getting it back.
That's my take on it. --
Originally by: Mephysto come on, solo-mining in a 0.4 system? Its wrong NOT to pod you...
|

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 09:16:00 -
[23]
Well under normal circumstances I would agree but I explained to ccp when the petition was first raised that I am a pirate and pvp is what I do. Yet I was told to play normally. So surely if I was told to play normally and I lost ships doing as I was told by ccp I should get them back as I have lost a lot of isk worth of ships and modules.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Talmssar
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 11:26:00 -
[24]
Quote: So on the above date I submitted a petition for the problem and return of my ship, the first gm I spoke to was very helpful and we spoke in game and he returned my ship as I lost it doing things he asked all was good and well he said they would look into it for me. So this is where the problem begins.
Petition that first GM. At least GM who chatted with me on petition mails said that GM's are not allowed to chat with peeps because they want to track every action So you have got your ship back illegal ways - petitioning. - Sarcasm, no? -
I just prefer that all have good time here. |

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 11:37:00 -
[25]
When I say chatted i mean vie the ingame petition but the replies from both me and the gm very very quick so was more like a conversation.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Laird
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 12:33:00 -
[26]
Really long shot this one but have you tried suggesting they move the character to a different account to see if that fixes the problem?
Sounds like something under the hood so to speak is very borked with that char on that account.
"Reality Compromised - The Clown has become enraged"
|

Stradivarious
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 12:41:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Stradivarious on 03/05/2006 12:44:21 This is not an isolated problem, just your severity seems to be unique. I have 3 accounts, that I run between 2 computers, which account gets run on which computer depends on what I am doing.
Anyways, with one specific account, if that account sits idle for more then 20 minutes, it CTDs. Never fails, I tab out, forget to tab back and 20 min later, poof. Happens on either computer, and ONLY that account. Only thing I can think of is "maybe" just maybe there is something bad in that particular characters cache files, most are shared between whatever uses that particular install of eve on that computer, but there are some cache files that are locked to individual characters. Whether they are server side cache or local I have not figured out yet.
I'm sure the GMs have mentioned wiping your cache so I'll go one further, make another install of eve on your comp if you have room, use it and see if you ctd, don't copy ANY files from the old one over. If you CTD again, its definately not on your end, if you don't, problem solved, well new problems being no bookmark folders or overview settings but thats easily fixed, just don't migrate the old stuff over as it may have issues that cause your problem.
Edit: For clarification, by another install, I mean download the client install from the website and use that, do NOT copy your other install to a new folder.
I like to think of myself as the chlorine in the gene pool.
|

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 12:54:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Stradivarious Edited by: Stradivarious on 03/05/2006 12:44:21 This is not an isolated problem, just your severity seems to be unique. I have 3 accounts, that I run between 2 computers, which account gets run on which computer depends on what I am doing.
Anyways, with one specific account, if that account sits idle for more then 20 minutes, it CTDs. Never fails, I tab out, forget to tab back and 20 min later, poof. Happens on either computer, and ONLY that account. Only thing I can think of is "maybe" just maybe there is something bad in that particular characters cache files, most are shared between whatever uses that particular install of eve on that computer, but there are some cache files that are locked to individual characters. Whether they are server side cache or local I have not figured out yet.
I'm sure the GMs have mentioned wiping your cache so I'll go one further, make another install of eve on your comp if you have room, use it and see if you ctd, don't copy ANY files from the old one over. If you CTD again, its definately not on your end, if you don't, problem solved, well new problems being no bookmark folders or overview settings but thats easily fixed, just don't migrate the old stuff over as it may have issues that cause your problem.
Edit: For clarification, by another install, I mean download the client install from the website and use that, do NOT copy your other install to a new folder.
Yeah I have tried this fresh install of windows, different versions 2000 / xp and new download of eve not copying any cache files and problem is still there again only with Don, the problem wasent even happening with alts on the same account at don. My friends play on my network and computers and they have no problems. Just isolated to this character.
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|

Jobie Thickburger
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 13:32:00 -
[29]
I've had the run of the mill EVE-Droped situations every once in a while, usually when I go to dock or something, but its still kinda rare.
If it only happens with that character, nomatter what comp, have you tried making an alt on the same account?
I mean sure its kinda hard to test it out with a 1 day old char, but you should be able to get your friends with ya to do a small fight back, and see what happens?
If things go well with this one character, then at least you know its not the entire account, but just the character, but either way it sounds like a CCP problem.
New Mining Director- MGTTG
|

Don Carn'age
|
Posted - 2006.05.03 13:42:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Jobie Thickburger I've had the run of the mill EVE-Droped situations every once in a while, usually when I go to dock or something, but its still kinda rare.
If it only happens with that character, nomatter what comp, have you tried making an alt on the same account?
I mean sure its kinda hard to test it out with a 1 day old char, but you should be able to get your friends with ya to do a small fight back, and see what happens?
If things go well with this one character, then at least you know its not the entire account, but just the character, but either way it sounds like a CCP problem.
Read my last post it doesent happen with alts on the same account as Don. Only with Don
Don Carn'age CEO Black Vice
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |