| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Coconut Joe
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 10:32:00 -
[1]
Everyone says that blasters deal more damage than rail guns, but for me thats never been the case. With medium blasters the best I can expect is about 50-60 damge per shot, while it's around 80 for rails. I also find that for blasters I have to be within a very specific distance (4-5k) in order to be able to hit the enemy at all. With Rails for me it can be anywhere between 10 and 20k to get good damage hits.
I Dont understand this. According to stats, blasters have a much higher tracking speed, so the distances they can acuratly fire from should be much larger than rails. But also, why can't I get it to do more damage, when when the target is webified. What do I need to do to make blasters good for me?
|

PriceCheckMax
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 10:36:00 -
[2]
Rate of Fire
|

James Adams
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 10:50:00 -
[3]
Way too many issue to address here - Read the Tracking Guide then come back if you have any more questions.
|

Talori'i
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 12:28:00 -
[4]
If you are not using antimatter ammo, you aren't going to get good damage.
4 8 15 16 23 42 |

Valea Silpha
|
Posted - 2006.05.14 17:30:00 -
[5]
Make sure your using anti-matter in blasters. Theres no reason to use anything else. The range will always blow HARD, and so you need ot do the max damage you can be doing. Also you need to bear in mind that although blasters are the most damage turret type, they are scaled as are all the others. Compare the damage of Ions to 200mnm, Electrons to dual 150mm and Neutrons to 250mm. And remember to factor in the refire rate if your working out damage per second.
Also remember that the log you get doesn't list every hit you get, just one or two out of every volley, so don't look at the per shot your getting. Look how quickly you are taking down a target.
Lastly, a webber won't help you do more damage, just allow you to hit more frequently. Have a lookie at the tracking guide some nice person linked above.
<Hammerhead> TomB is doing the nerfing <Hammerhead> I just stand behind him, look at his monitor and shake my head |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |