| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kelio Rift
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:45:00 -
[1]
Hello Everyone!
My first char was made a long time ago, and almost everything has changed. I know this game is a PvP Based game, but...! I have some general problems with getting to somewhere. I can't improve my financial standigs, because agressive PvPers come and shoot everything to ashes. I ask why? Also, corps and alliances claim a whole constellation or system totally their own, and ask for ISK to stay there... even if its not a contested 0.0 area, or if its just low sec Empire space (0.4-0.2)... I ask why? People enjoy shooting defenseless mining vessels, because they have to make a living, and ransom is a good base for it... if they shoot down the miners, because they don't give the wanted ransom, they wont have anyone that could pay the amount in the end, cause noone will have a ship left. For this reason people can quit playing the game. Why do players have to ruin other player's game?
The other thing is that everyone in this game is going to get forced into PvP, even if they stay in the so called "carebear" systems (Empire Space [1.0-0.5]). They get a war declaration on them, and bang... Getting wealth in Empire is possible, with trading, mining months long, doing mission for months. If you wanted to get a bit haste into getting wealthy, then you'll have to travel to 0.2 and under, where you get shot down, podded, losing tons of millions and such. Older characters prefer their priority, claiming they were there first (I admit, they are absolutely right...) and won't let anyone else get there (I mean 0.2 and under)... They didn't have to pay nor fight for that area. So where's justice in that? 
My reason for starting this game was the NPC-ing feature. Hunting belts for NPC prates. I could enjoy hours of gameplay, just because of that. When i saw there were hundreds of thousands bounty on some NPCs, and I could fight multiple ones of them, I was mesmerised, tottally ambushed by the feeling that "Yes, that was what I was looking for!". And then some players came, and destroyed this feeling.
I didn't give up! I will find a way to that feeling again. I just want answers to those questions I stated before!  "In a living body, a dead, senseless soul floats, waiting for death, yet cannot laugh..." |

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:46:00 -
[2]
Control, power and glory. Only the ruthless wins.  ---------------- RecruitMe@NOINT! Corporate Consultation Services
|

Vakari Salvatori
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:47:00 -
[3]
EVE is a PvP oriented game... if you like mindless NPC killing, Lineage 2 may be better for you. _______________________
"Ma'am, we don't have enough ships to break though!"
"We're Minmitar, Ensign. Get me a roll of duct tape." |

Wrayeth
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:51:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Wrayeth on 16/05/2006 15:52:03 Try thinking of other players as NPCs with very good loot but no bounties - well, usually no bounties.  -Wrayeth
"Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"
|

Useless Pleasure
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:53:00 -
[5]
join a noob corp and stay in >.5, no war decs. sounds to me like you need to be playing checkers or something instead.
|

Rafein
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:54:00 -
[6]
People don;t want to ruin the game. They want to enjoy the game.
And Pirateing is what some people to do to enjoy the game. Just because you don't like pirating does not mean others should not enjoy it. And your personal enjoyment is not greater than any other player, whether they wish to blow you up or not. It's why the rules were designed, and as long as people play in the rules, it's all fair play.
|

Harisdrop
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:54:00 -
[7]
Contact me I will help you out. I know you have been away and seen the changes. There is a NEW hope Rona Deepspace -------------------------- After being cloned over forty times I found that my looks get better and better. I am no one but a mouse in a house of cats.
|

Tatiana JInMei
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:55:00 -
[8]
There are plenty of ways to enjoy the game. You just have to be more paranond. Also use your map to indentify less traveled areas, there are big bunch of empty 0.0 systems out there.
Finaly 0.4 to 0.1 are Pirate infested areas. 0.0 is safer most of the time. Learn where are the most dangerous areas (avoid Syndicate!!! it is the most chaotic region! no empire would dare claim it, well some do but none control it really).
You don't have to pay the user's tax but make sure not to get cought by the tax guy! ;)
|

Ozzie Asrail
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 15:56:00 -
[9]
Because they can.
Same as in IRL, it's not really any more complicated than that. ----- Geotech is recruiting! |

O'Sirius
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 16:11:00 -
[10]
The strong did what they could, The weak suffered what they must. -Thucydides
|

darth solo
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 16:14:00 -
[11]
remember PVP isnt all about lasers and such, PVP is be market, mining and trading.
d solo. not everyone has what it takes to be a member of celes, do you?. join here.
|

Imperial Coercion
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 16:14:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Kelio Rift
I was mesmerised, tottally ambushed by the feeling that "Yes, that was what I was looking for!". And then some players came, and destroyed this feeling.
Awwwww
Bloodeye intelligence agency |

Kelio Rift
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 16:52:00 -
[13]
I admit, a lot of replies in a relatively short period of time. Thank you for the advice of all who stated ther point of view. Even the bit offensive ones (sorry if they were not meant to offend, but they sounded a bit like that )
I will look at Players like NPCs with no bounties, and I will look for 0.0 systems that are not visited very often. 
And thank you for your offer, I'll think it over!  "In a living body, a dead, senseless soul floats, waiting for death, yet cannot laugh..." |

Oosel
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 16:58:00 -
[14]
theres sooo many ways to avoid ship combat if you dont want it even if war decc'd.
eve is still the great game for me now as it was 3 years ago and ive never actively sought an individual out with the intention of popping their ship
i have been podded many many times but it still doesnt hold any fun for me so i just add the nasty piewats who do pop me to my list and ensure i avoid them in future no matter what.....
lame to many it might seem but its how i play eve and thats why eve is great as it allows you to play however you want if you put some thought and effort into it i carebear along all day long in various 0.0 regions
|

Tuang Pao
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 17:04:00 -
[15]
Quote: Try thinking of other players as NPCs with very good loot but no bounties
Then people wonder why a year or two into the game they have no relationships to give EVE meaning. It's not mechanics or loot that make this worth doing, it's people.
Objectification is a one way ticket to oblivion in MOGs.
|

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 17:09:00 -
[16]
PvP is fun...
|

Eternal Fury
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 17:17:00 -
[17]
If you don't want to PvP you have to stay in .5 or higher. It's that simple.
The reason so many PvP, is that it only takes a month of mission running to get to lvl 4 missions, and they are as repetetive as CNN.
if this game was geared around PvE, the missions would have hundreds of missions per agent level, not the 5 I seem to keep getting over and over.
if you dont' want to Pvp, then you simply have to stay in empire, and mine, run missions, or do trade runs. You can rat, but the ships you find in the belts suck. You'd be better off running missions.
The simple thing is people want challenge, and the truth is that the NPC AI just isn't that smart. So we try to hunt down the most deadly predator known to man... man himself (ignore the gender of this comment )
Small PvE/PvP Corp looking for Members. 2-10Mill SP. Click for details.
|

Bentguru
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 17:26:00 -
[18]
because if i don't get my daily dose of blue explosions i go into withdraw and start firing at sentries.
New Petition Inc Vid This signature is protected by the pattented NoDev 2000 technology. THERE WILL BE NO COLORS! |

Gierling
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 17:27:00 -
[19]
Ther e is not "Too much PVP" in Eve so long as there are still rich players docked in Yulai.
That may sound inciteful but its true, we'll see too much PVP very clearly when it becomes all but impossible to acquire a modest degree of wealth.
PRoposal to fix blobbing and make Charisma useful.
|

Oron
|
Posted - 2006.05.16 18:04:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Oron on 16/05/2006 18:09:16 Edited by: Oron on 16/05/2006 18:05:26 I realy dont now where you travling around!
I came back from a 1 year eve pause, and I am supprised how easy you can enter 0.4 - 0,0 nowdays. It's seams the period of gate camps are over and most pvp's roaming around - or setting up realy BIG blobs unable to oversee in map.
Just be attentive - fly with a buddy, watch the lokal, use the scanner to check near area, use the map (activ player, jumps, destroyed ships) to foresee camps and dont fly in 0,0 without using insta jumps, use negativ standing to mark badass corps for quick overview - there are soo many posibilitys to aviod combat or to disengage.
Nobudy force you into PvP if you spot a pirate (even a potenial) and you dont want to engage - warp of to safe spot / cycle planets.
Its just a part of the game to be able to stay alife. It'S eve's challenge. Take it or leave it.
Oron - Trader
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |