| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tabius
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 20:57:00 -
[1]
Internet Health Report
Looks like there's a backbone problem through the Denver area on the Qwest lines...
Someone go prod the hampster |

MrGold
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:03:00 -
[2]
/me pokes the hampster
It is rather laggy :(
Around 4 minutes to dock and the same to go through a jumpgate 
|

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:06:00 -
[3]
who poured molasses on the fiber nodes?
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Lianhaun
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:08:00 -
[4]
doing missions now is even less fun then before,
What do you do while being lagged for 4 min ?
This is not a hijack
|

agrizla
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:09:00 -
[5]
Uhuh and that affects me (in Leicester - 130 miles from the servers) how? Stop making excuses for them
It goes to **** every night at around the same time (or rather when it hits the same number of users).
|

EveJunkie
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:11:00 -
[6]
I think its more than the denver backbone. We got horrible lag here in london too I'm only a few hops from the servers. |

Seer
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:11:00 -
[7]
Nope - its eve
How do I know?
I just played 3 other MMORPG's and none have any lag ---------------------------------------------------
|

agrizla
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:19:00 -
[8]
The router at C&W is having a really really bad time of it. ie it is horribly overloaded.
I'll leave the rest of you to speculate why, but I can assure you that it is overloaded.
I'll bet 50k ISK that CCP claim another DoS (Eve must by now be the most DoSsed game in history ).
|

Flarin
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:19:00 -
[9]
okay.. this is especially newbish, but is this lag?
As i dock, or jump to another system it all stops doing anything (to me this sounds like lag).. BUT my harddrive goes crazy, constantly being accessed.
Lag as i know it is just my computer patiently waiting for the server to wake up, NOT my computer frantically doing stuff.
In a desperate attempt to get Eve to run nicely on my aged computer i ctl-alt-del all but the "vital" programs before starting (i leave good old norton anti-virus and firewall running).
Just as an "interesting" extra i often find that EVERY time i dock or jump it spends 5+ minutes doing this.. but if i simply restart Eve, this "lag" totally goes!
Just wanted to know, is this what you people refer to as lag? From my experience of other online games all i would call lag is when it takes a few seconds to load up the contents of my hanger, or when ships seem to "jump" backwards in flight.
---------------------------
Have a nice day. |

Erty
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:23:00 -
[10]
Yes, there's a comfirmed memory leak on the servers since the patch.
This is my signature. |

Alexia Te'Len
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:26:00 -
[11]
Never had lag before now, but _everything_ I do on the Internet is suffering lag.
Counterstrike, EverQuest, EVE...you name it, it's lagging. Even good 'ol IE!
As I said, I've yet to lag before today so...hrmm. 
|

Singular
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:27:00 -
[12]
The guys in the UK are also getting hyper-lag...its not the "interweb" techies.
Im Yo Huckleberreh |

Daesdemona
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:41:00 -
[13]
good GOD
----------------------------------------------- Bart: "Do you even have a job any more?" Homer: "I think its obvious that I Don't" ----------------------------------------------- |

Galk
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:41:00 -
[14]
Please reset the servers.
Not only for the sake of everyone.
But we got a sweep runing in are npc corp channel, winner takes all.
Go on ccp, make us happy ------------------------
---- Little wonder why people were, what this person was telling my friends: http://galk.50megs.com/logs/ |

Anara Valencia
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:52:00 -
[15]
The lag is horrible. Both the game and the EVE website are responding slow as hell.
|

Belit
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:53:00 -
[16]
It is only EVE and the EVE Forum's that I am getting this lag. Every where else is fine. This is another CCP Network mess up.
|

Veruna Caseti
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:54:00 -
[17]
Everything is lagged for me as well, websites, streamed media, etc.
This must be a serious problem with a major backbone somewhere.
Veruna Caseti Ishukone |

Alexia Te'Len
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:55:00 -
[18]
Quote: Everything is lagged for me as well, websites, streamed media, etc.
This must be a serious problem with a major backbone somewhere.
Think routers in London have gone down again?
Seems very similar to that incident a while back.
|

Carp Riddell
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 21:58:00 -
[19]
Quote: The guys in the UK are also getting hyper-lag...its not the "interweb" techies.
Yes, we certainly are...and my cheesey totally subjective test of net speed in the UK says "Mr. Net is Happy"
(test being the BBC News site) - Carp Riddell - CEO, Innsmouth Shipping - Proud Member of Curse Alliance
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:01:00 -
[20]
Seems to me that this isn't CCP's fault at all, a lot of sites are VERY slow atm.
|

Galk
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:07:00 -
[21]
I won.
Thx ccp 5 mins either way and it would have been somebody else ------------------------
---- Little wonder why people were, what this person was telling my friends: http://galk.50megs.com/logs/ |

Hue Jorgon
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:10:00 -
[22]
I hit the game server at 18ms.... no net lag there.
It's server :) |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:10:00 -
[23]
30 minutes to go....:(
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

agrizla
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:19:00 -
[24]
Quote: 30 minutes to go....:(
Heh - forget it Josh. Buy the damn things (that's what I'm doing). Makes more sense to me as :
a) I get what I want quickly; b) The people who've been slogging away at agent missions (with bugger all reward until now) get some cash.
All my faction ratings are "nominal" bar 2 npc ratings so I see no reason to go running around doing agent missions until I see exactly what happens when faction ratings get implemented. I suspect some people may be in for a bit of a shock when they are 
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:21:00 -
[25]
Eh, I have 2 implants already.
I just wanted to keep a 100% record with my lvl 3.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

agrizla
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:24:00 -
[26]
Ah I see. Personally I want nothing to do with agents until I see what happens with faction ratings. I'd prefer not to be fired upon by Empire npc guns/ships thanks 
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:28:00 -
[27]
Why would you? To get a faction below -2 is an awful lot of missions, my gallente standing is down .5 or so from almost 100 missions for a caldari corp. Also, you could get a gallente agent to get it back up, and get some balance that way 
|

SkyLeach
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:34:00 -
[28]
i live in England an i got the same issues... so like someone earlier said, your making excusses for them.
i have also been playing on 1942 and Desert Combat all night - on US servers too.. NO problem, NO unusual pings, NO Lag spikes.
amazing huh?
|

agrizla
|
Posted - 2003.09.24 22:36:00 -
[29]
Quote: Why would you? To get a faction below -2 is an awful lot of missions, my gallente standing is down .5 or so from almost 100 missions for a caldari corp. Also, you could get a gallente agent to get it back up, and get some balance that way 
Why should I bother - I'm OK with all factions apart from a couple of npc "pirate" corps and that'll be nominal soon too. Given all the wildly fluctuating crap we've had on everything from mining to weapons since the game started I'd rather wait and see what happens. Eg - how are you gonna get a Gallante agent if all of a sudden -0.5 means none of them will talk to you? Seems extreme but in this game who the hell knows what will happen? 
|

Rancid Mare
|
Posted - 2003.09.25 13:05:00 -
[30]
any one got the IP address to hand for the server(s)
Rancid Mare of the EveMarshals. Our Webby
Recruitement Videos here |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |