| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
12
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:21:00 -
[1] - Quote
I currently run level 4 missions and would like to eventually run level 4 missions with a buddy of mine. At the moment he doesn't have enough Gallente Federation standing to accept his own level 4 missions (just piggy backs off me). When I do level 4's and split the rewards at mission turn in, does he gain Gallente Federation standing or do I need to blitz a bunch of HIS level 3 missions to get him up to level 4 standings? |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:26:00 -
[2] - Quote
He will gain standing to the agent and the corp you are running for. Faction standing should not be shared. Please file a bug report if it does. If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
12
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:30:00 -
[3] - Quote
So if he runs MY level 4 missions with me and I share rewards that wont get him closer to being able to accept his own level 4's? |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:31:00 -
[4] - Quote
Ben Cashman wrote:So if he runs MY level 4 missions with me and I share rewards that wont get him closer to being able to accept his own level 4's?
no If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
12
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:34:00 -
[5] - Quote
So then the best solution for getting him able to accept Level 4 missions with me is to just blitz him thru his level 3s? |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:42:00 -
[6] - Quote
Phrasing questions in hard indeed.
Quote:Will sharing missions provide a standing gain for all players that are shared with?
For corp and agent standing it will. For faction standing it wont and should not.
Quote:Will agent standing be sufficient to run missions for that agent?
It will. If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
12
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:54:00 -
[7] - Quote
gfldex wrote:Phrasing questions in hard indeed.
English IS hard indeed. |

Cara Forelli
Green Skull LLC
363
|
Posted - 2014.05.27 23:54:00 -
[8] - Quote
gfldex wrote:Ben Cashman wrote:So if he runs MY level 4 missions with me and I share rewards that wont get him closer to being able to accept his own level 4's? no
Yes it will. With that corp or that agent. I know you know this, so I'm not sure why you said no. www.ensignyooch.wordpress.com
New player with questions? Like to answer questions? Join my public channel in game:-áHouse Forelli |

Xercodo
Xovoni Astronautical Manufacturing and Engineering
3519
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:00:00 -
[9] - Quote
So here's a quick run down relevant on standings mechanics:
-Faction standings can only be gained from storyline/event missions. Faction standings cannot be shared. -So long as the faction standing is higher than -2.0 you can still access agents higher than level 1. -Accessing agents can be done with any of the there standings layers: faction, corp, or personal agent standings. -Sharing a mission, regardless of if it's storyline or not, will share corp and agent standings. -The implication that faction standing will allow for the use of all agents of that level for all corps within that faction is true. The Drake is a Lie |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:11:00 -
[10] - Quote
Cara Forelli wrote:Yes it will. With that corp or that agent. I know you know this, so I'm not sure why you said no.
I answered to a yes-no-question that was intentionally or unintentionally phrased in sub optimal way.
Given A is true, asking the question: "Wont A be true?" can only be answered with "No, it is true.", or short: "no". You can't blame me for English being very loose when it comes to double negation. Besides, if you give me the opportunity to make you sound like a fool, I will not resist.
To summarise: Never use "wont" in a question.
If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
13
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:18:00 -
[11] - Quote
gfldex wrote: To summarise: Never use "wont" in a question.
Summarize*
Anyways. Just leave the forum. You're no help, and making no one look like an idiot. |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
13
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:23:00 -
[12] - Quote
Cara Forelli wrote:gfldex wrote:Ben Cashman wrote:So if he runs MY level 4 missions with me and I share rewards that wont get him closer to being able to accept his own level 4's? no Yes it will. With that corp or that agent. I know you know this, so I'm not sure why you said no.
TY Kindly. |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:28:00 -
[13] - Quote
Ben Cashman wrote: Summarize*
I prefer British spelling.
Ben Cashman wrote:Anyways. Just leave the forum. You're no help, and making no one look like an idiot.
I have been here for the last 9 years and I plan to be here for another 9. But don't worry. I wont answer to any of your questions ever again. In fact, I will block all your posts from here on.
If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

Ben Cashman
The Scope Gallente Federation
13
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:29:00 -
[14] - Quote
gfldex wrote:Ben Cashman wrote: Summarize*
I prefer British spelling. Ben Cashman wrote:Anyways. Just leave the forum. You're no help, and making no one look like an idiot. I have been here for the last 9 years and I plan to be here for another 9. But don't worry. I wont answer to any of your questions ever again. In fact, I will block all your posts from here on.
Perfect :) |

Cara Forelli
Green Skull LLC
363
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 00:39:00 -
[15] - Quote
gfldex wrote:For corp and agent standing it will. For faction standing it wont and should not.
gfldex wrote:To summarise: Never use "wont" in a question.
"Wont" is an adjective. You're the only fool here. www.ensignyooch.wordpress.com
New player with questions? Like to answer questions? Join my public channel in game:-áHouse Forelli |

Mina Tiessand
University of Caille Gallente Federation
2
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 07:53:00 -
[16] - Quote
Back on topic: there are 3 sets of tutorial agents in Gallente federation. After each 10 missions your friend will gain faction standings. That is the most boring and yet effective way how to get him to level 5 standing for the faction. Of cause his social skills must be high enough to get full advantage of this. |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 11:46:00 -
[17] - Quote
Cara Forelli wrote:"Wont" is an adjective. You're the only fool here.
The word "wont" can be used as a verb, adjective or noun. It is nice to see that you agree with me about the difficulties when using that word. I'm not going to force you to get the joke though. If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

gfldex
699
|
Posted - 2014.05.28 11:54:00 -
[18] - Quote
Mina Tiessand wrote:That is the most boring and yet effective way how to get him to level 5 standing for the faction.
From my experience it's more efficient to do hauler missions. It's quite possible to get one storyline mission per hour. The trick is to find a constellation with plenty of such agents and then use the agent finder every time a mission is completed. That way one can minimise the time spend with an empty cargo hold.
Also, the last time I tried (about 3 month ago), the Amarr lvl4 arc provided shared faction standing. In my eyes that's a bug that may or may not have been fixed yet.
If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain. |

Kitty Bear
Disturbed Friends Of Diazepam Disturbed Acquaintance
1337
|
Posted - 2014.05.29 11:05:00 -
[19] - Quote
Ben Cashman wrote:I currently run level 4 missions and would like to eventually run level 4 missions with a buddy of mine. At the moment he doesn't have enough Gallente Federation standing to accept his own level 4 missions (just piggy backs off me). When I do level 4's and split the rewards at mission turn in, does he gain Gallente Federation standing or do I need to blitz a bunch of HIS level 3 missions to get him up to level 4 standings?
By sharing your mission rewards with another person 2 things happen to any other people in your fleet (note: this does not apply to Storyline missions)
1) They receive a standings increase with the Agent 2) They receive a standings increase with the agents corporation
This means, after a short while your buddy will be able to accept L4 missions from that specific agent, other L4 agents will remain unavailable until their main corp standings are high enough.
|

Velicitia
Arma Artificer
2266
|
Posted - 2014.05.29 11:50:00 -
[20] - Quote
gfldex wrote:Cara Forelli wrote:"Wont" is an adjective. You're the only fool here. The word " wont" can be used as a verb, adjective or noun. It is nice to see that you agree with me about the difficulties when using that word. I'm not going to force you to get the joke though.


 One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia |

Samuel Triptee
Black Fox Marauders Repeat 0ffenders
16
|
Posted - 2014.05.29 12:02:00 -
[21] - Quote
Form a fleet.
Anybody in the fleet can fly along with whoever accepted the mission and runs it.
With 3 or 4 pilots accepting lvl 4 missions in the same fleet you can complete them quickly. However, you will attract attention. |

Cara Forelli
Green Skull LLC
363
|
Posted - 2014.05.29 12:21:00 -
[22] - Quote
gfldex wrote:The word " wont" can be used as a verb, adjective or noun. It is nice to see that you agree with me about the difficulties when using that word. I'm not going to force you to get the joke though.
Well to be fair its use as a verb is listed as "archaic"  www.ensignyooch.wordpress.com
New player with questions? Like to answer questions? Join my public channel in game:-áHouse Forelli |

Kitty Bear
Disturbed Friends Of Diazepam Disturbed Acquaintance
1338
|
Posted - 2014.05.29 13:11:00 -
[23] - Quote
I love it when grammar fiends are wrong (/me points at gfidex)
the OP's usage of wont is clearly won't a contraction of will not
it's clear by looking at the words context within the sentence in which it appears
the OP omitted an ' ... oh noes!! we must burn him on a stake.
 |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |