| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kantan
|
Posted - 2006.06.07 19:45:00 -
[1]
Just wondering what the difference is and what path people recommend? I know that pulse is shorter ranger but shoots faster and beam is longer range but slower. I see a lot of people use beam over pulse.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.06.07 19:56:00 -
[2]
Beams have longer range and slower tracking, and use more energy and grid.
Pulse have shorter range, fire slightly faster, and have much higher tracking and use less energy and grid.
--Proud member of the [23]--
-WTB Platinum Technite, WTS Nanotransistors, Heavy Electron II, 100mn AB II-
|

Drizit
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 05:14:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Drizit on 08/06/2006 05:16:19
Generally use beams if you have enough speed to keep a good range. They hit hard and deal a lot of damage at long range but if you have a slow ship and your enemy can get in close quickly, beam tracking is really bad and you're a sitting duck.
Slower ships use pulse for short range. They have more chance of hitting at short range due to better tracking. Their lower damage is offset by the higher ROF.
Don't mix beams and pulse, use either one or the other for maximum DPS. Use spare crystals in the cargo hold to increase or reduce the range as necessary. IR for long range and Multifrequencey for shorter range, change them over as required when the targets start to close in or move away. Different crystals have different range mods so use the ones that work best for you.
--
|

Ragnor Dayton
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 10:59:00 -
[4]
Some figures for you
Dual Light Beam Laser with Multifrequency has range 4375 = 24 damage every 3.2 seconds for 12CPU & 7PG and .13 tracking = 450 damage/min.
Medium Pulse Laser at range 4375 uses UV crystal = 27 damage every 3.5 seconds for 16CPU & 11PG and .197 tracking = 462.86 damage/min
Dual Light Pulse Laser at range 4500 uses standard crystal = 16 damage every 2.7 seconds for 8CPU & 6PG and .219 tracking = 355.56 damage/min
|

Helza Poppin
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 11:25:00 -
[5]
Beams are a lot friendlier towards new players, less CAP intensive and do a decent amount of damage, but the down side being you have to get in close. One of the previous post said don't mix pulse and beam. Personnaly I don't agree with that. On a Prophecy I'll usually have 4 heavy beam, but will also keep a brace of pulse set for close range to deal with those pesky interceptors/drones.But then again, I guess I'm real life infuenced cos I'm ex navy and tend to fit my ships in a reasitic way rather then best for the game.
|

Kantan
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 12:04:00 -
[6]
Thanks. I think I am going to go pulse for now and switch if I think it is not working out. Oh and because I bought three of them last night and being new I don't have that much money. Thanks again.
|

F'nog
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 12:37:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Helza Poppin Beams are a lot friendlier towards new players, less CAP intensive and do a decent amount of damage, but the down side being you have to get in close. One of the previous post said don't mix pulse and beam. Personnaly I don't agree with that. On a Prophecy I'll usually have 4 heavy beam, but will also keep a brace of pulse set for close range to deal with those pesky interceptors/drones.But then again, I guess I'm real life infuenced cos I'm ex navy and tend to fit my ships in a reasitic way rather then best for the game.
I think you mean pulse, since pulse are the ones that use less cap/PG for the same sized turret.
And, yes, mixing turret types is definitely bad, no matter what type you're using.
Originally by: Panzer Goddess I podded wrangler, and all I got was this lousy forumban.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |