| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

TekGnosis
|
Posted - 2006.06.07 20:38:00 -
[1]
I note that there are currently lots of ways to sharpen our sensors, but the only way to defend against this is to remove your enemies ability to target you at all via jamming.
I'm wondering if a stealth module other than just the cloak might be a valid tactic to use. I.E. sacrifice tanking or WCS and gain longer lock times for your enemies and/or less hits as you're now 'fuzzy' in the targeting computers eye.
Just a note that there is no 'stealth coating' in Eve, but we have complete 'invisability cloaking'.
Flame on, note there are no numbers of any kind in this post.
|

SengH
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 01:45:00 -
[2]
There is a gangmod that does it. CCP tested the midslot versions and found it to be too overpowering (ceptors had a sig rad of ~2m) so it disappeared.
|

Viktor Fyretracker
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 01:48:00 -
[3]
i had an idea for a lowslot module called "Stealth Plating" that would give you a lower signature Radius but you would loose armor hp.
|

TekGnosis
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 03:25:00 -
[4]
Unfortunate that this was abandoned; a method to 'avoid' some damage by decreasing sig (altho in a balanced manner) might an interesting alternate tank if, for instance, low on grid and having lots of cpu... I wouldn't have guessed first at Mid slot, would think Low more appropriate for hull mod or High like the existing Cloak.
Mainly would be a nice counter to Target Painter, and might give an inty that extra edge to close a gap to sniper if balanced right....
|

Foulis
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 04:19:00 -
[5]
I think it would be balanced if it was say... 10% reduction in sig to a 5% reduction in (something else). It shouldn't be to armor as that would make it pwnage for shield tankers (tank in mids, stealth plating in lows ftl). ----
Cake > Pie - Imaran
Originally by: CCP Hammer Boobies
|

Audri Fisher
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 04:58:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Foulis I think it would be balanced if it was say... 10% reduction in sig to a 5% reduction in (something else). It shouldn't be to armor as that would make it pwnage for shield tankers (tank in mids, stealth plating in lows ftl).
maybe a lowslot mod that wipes out shields, and a mid slot that wipes out armor? by wiping out, I mean extenders or plates don't work.
I agree mostly with the fact that no mod should be completely useless for either armor or shield tankers. Javalin ammo wtfpwning your ship when a caldari gunboat loads it anyone?
|

Eximius Josari
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 05:14:00 -
[7]
Unnerf CPRs. I want to use them for my shield tanks.
Click Above |

Degale
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 06:26:00 -
[8]
it should be a low slot item that reduces power grid output, cap, and speed slightly and costs a bit of cpu for maybe 10% lower sig radius.
sig radius is not just how big the ship is but how much power it puts out. A smaller reactor could be used to power the ship but that would mean worse handling characterists. Less grid, less cap, less speed.
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 06:46:00 -
[9]
Halo implants. ---------------- RecruitMe@NOINT!
|

MrRookie
|
Posted - 2006.06.08 07:02:00 -
[10]
We do have slave implants aswell, yet we have armor plates. I don't mind some modules affecting the sig radius just for the variation. Something like 10% reduction and maybe a 5% penalty to the inertia or so ________________________________________________
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |