| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Darvn
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 14:41:00 -
[1]
I have a Raven, my friend does gallente ships. We are about to start doing level 4 missions as a combo. Our current theory is he goes in first with his tanked Domi and grabs agro and hits webber ships with his T2 drones. I come in right after with raven. Does that sound like the best 2 ship combo, any opinions?
|

The Wizz117
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 15:04:00 -
[2]
Edited by: The Wizz117 on 27/06/2006 15:05:37 you are better of doing lvl3's solo.
the only reason doing lvl4's is when u have spare isk, and realy realy wand to do somting togheter as a team.
------------------------------------------- That ccp created a universe doesen't mean they'r gods
|

Crellion
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 15:13:00 -
[3]
(1) There is another forum for missions. (2) Lvl 4 missions are by and large easy. You dont need 2 peeps. (3) Raven can solo them easy. Dominix can solo some of them easy. (4) If you must then use a torp Raven to grab aggro and he can use and Enyo to kill frigs and then cruisers once you have aggro. Being gallente he is ideally placed to go get his Itteron 5 once the frigs + cruisers are dead.
|

voidvim
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 15:13:00 -
[4]
Edited by: voidvim on 27/06/2006 15:13:03 ypur basic idea is sound, if you get it right you should beable to do the missions more than twice as fast but with less risk.
oh and... team work four the win 
|

FireFoxx80
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 15:23:00 -
[5]
Edited by: FireFoxx80 on 27/06/2006 15:23:42 I'd suggest two ships actually. They are both surprisingly cheap and require little skills to fly, I often just stick my alt into one and have him tag along. Bonus is that then my leadership skills kick in and I get 10% bonus to a bunch of things.
Exequror - Decent cargo size, gets 800m3+ with Gallente Cruiser lvl4 - Bonus to Remote Armour Rep. 30km range and infinite running. ^^ (Yeah, I know this doesn't favour shield tanking) - Decent drone bay.
High: 1x Beam Laser 2x Tractor Beam 1x Remote Armour Rep Med: 1x 10mn AB 1x Large Capacitor Battery 2x Target Painter Low: 2x WCS / 1x Energized Adaptive Nano + 1x PDU 1x Capacitor Power Relay
Depending on your skills, and the mission. You can come in and assist with damage. Or you can simply boost the main.
Augoror - Remote Energy Transfer favours Raven pilots - Enough lows to give decent cargo
High: 1x Beam Laser 2x Tractor Beam 1x Remote Armour Rep Med: 1x 10mn AB 1x Large Capacitor Battery Low: 1x Capacitor Power Relay 3x Expanded Cargohold 1x WCS / 1x PDU
Can run energy xfer infinitely, gives a nice 100+ cap to the Raven every 5 seconds. Just about enough for the raven to keep a Large Shield Booster and hardeners running indefinitely.
|

Presidente Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 15:27:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Presidente Gallente on 27/06/2006 15:35:28 Edited by: Presidente Gallente on 27/06/2006 15:33:16 I would do it vice versa.
I do Gallente ships - actual a BRUTIX - and my corp manager flies a FEROX. Two days ago he asked me for help with a very hard l4 mission. We figured out a nice strategy. The FEROX was heavy shield tanked with double hardeners in this special case to get max. resistance. The FEROX warped in first and got heavy aggro. On command I warped in and placed my BRUTIX to a position between the FEROX escape course and the attacking wave. The FEROX was under heavy Cruise Missiles fire and I captured most of the smaller ships on their way to the FEROX with my Fleeting Webber, 5 Med Drones, 4 250mm and 3 Dual 150mm Proto Rails with Antimatter - still irgnored by the enemy of course. This worked fine so far but due heavy aggro of 40 ships the FEROX had to warp out. I activated my Afterburner which speeds up my BRUTIX up to 407 ms to get on a more secure distance. Now the BRUTIX was under heavy bombardment. So I turned on my Named Med Repper and the BRUTIX was able to resist till the FEROX warped back. In 200 km distance I got back on normal non-aggro status.
So I would recommend a strong fitting setup for max. resitance to stay as long as possible with the RAVEN. The DOMINIX should stay behind the RAVEN first. Get on a escape course when the spawn start to aggro at you. The DOMINIX should stay on position inbetween but fixed distance to RAVEN and intercept the ships with a webber. Both should concentrate on one target to take them down as fast as possible.
This works fine when you are allowed to get in on distance first.
Just my experience with a Battlercruiser combo only.
Presidente Gallente
|

Fly Catcher
|
Posted - 2006.06.27 16:14:00 -
[7]
He may make more isk doing missions solo but perhaps he prefers playing coop?
I know I do - missioning solo is a grind and something I've only ever done to get standings, every other mission I've done is in a group.
And yes I wish they would make lvl 5's, lvl 4's are too damned easy with 6 BS 
|

Mike Yagon
|
Posted - 2006.06.28 08:49:00 -
[8]
Originally by: The Wizz117 the only reason doing lvl4's is when u have spare isk, and realy realy wand to do somting togheter as a team.
o rly?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |