| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Datsevlu
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 07:15:00 -
[1]
We seemed to have reached a limit on how much of one thing you can have in a pile (trit in this case) the limit seems to be 2,147,474,943 kind of an odd number to have as a limit in a corp hanger. Guess when anyone go's to make that station (if they ever come out) you will have to have many piles of trit.
-- Datsevlu Blow'em up we'll build more.
Techell's ingame site |

Lex Luger
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 07:17:00 -
[2]
The limit of my pile is equally proportionate to my consumption of bean burritos earlier that day.
|

Scrapyard Jack
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 07:27:00 -
[3]
Quote: We seemed to have reached a limit on how much of one thing you can have in a pile (trit in this case) the limit seems to be 2,147,474,943 kind of an odd number to have as a limit in a corp hanger. Guess when anyone go's to make that station (if they ever come out) you will have to have many piles of trit.
ehehehe!
You can get a cream to deal with those nasty piles. 
Oh, and 2,147,474,943 is the highest possible number storable in 8 bytes; which EVE evidently uses to store the "size" of a pile in the ol' server files.
|

Datsevlu
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 07:34:00 -
[4]
Now that makes sense thank you for the explination. -- Datsevlu Blow'em up we'll build more.
Techell's ingame site |

SS Vegito
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 07:44:00 -
[5]
Thats a pretty big pile of trit.
|

Claus
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 09:04:00 -
[6]
Quote:
Oh, and 2,147,474,943 is the highest possible number storable in 8 bytes; which EVE evidently uses to store the "size" of a pile in the ol' server files.
Actually it is the largest positive number you can store in a signed 32 bit (4 byte) integer. ------------- You have to go out of your mind from time to time to stay sane. |

Inositol
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 09:16:00 -
[7]
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and 2,147,474,943 is the highest possible number storable in 8 bytes; which EVE evidently uses to store the "size" of a pile in the ol' server files.
Actually it is the largest positive number you can store in a signed 32 bit (4 byte) integer.
Actually, 2^31-1 = 2,147,483,647 is the largest number you can store in a 32 bit signed integer. 
|

Scrapyard Jack
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 11:03:00 -
[8]
*cough*nerds!*cough*
Knew that'd draw y'out!
ehehehe! 
|

Snoop
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 11:09:00 -
[9]
seem's to me that alot of G33k'5 play this game  /me wait's for the "im a 1337 G33k" signature craze to hit the forum's
|

Dandrik
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 15:30:00 -
[10]
Pitty I would like to see a 5billion stack of trit. Although it would suck if you could blow up the station! ROFL!
|

Rancid Mare
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 15:31:00 -
[11]
OI....dont be busting up on use people just casue we are much intelligent.
anymore of that and i will send round the brainest gangster even to bust u up......
fear the HawkMan.... http://www.mchawking.com/ (listen to the MP3's......total LOL)
Rancid Mare of the EveMarshals. Our Webby
Recruitement Videos here |

Darksheer
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 17:48:00 -
[12]
""Pitty I would like to see a 5billion stack of trit. Although it would suck if you could blow up the station! ROFL!""
how the hell does it fit into a station ? thats a big hunk of metal
Darksheer Newbie "pirate" "you see polaris attempting to justify polaris"
|

Datsevlu
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 18:46:00 -
[13]
Makes me wonder if there is a limit to what you can have in the hanger.
I have noticed that bar that is showing when loading,it is like halfway full now when loading the corp hanger. Wonder if there is a limit to what you can have in the corp hanger in M3? -- Datsevlu Blow'em up we'll build more.
Techell's ingame site |

Tnelyos
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 18:51:00 -
[14]
I guess AC's 32 bit database works a bit differently then Eve's. This biggest number AC could store was 4,294,967,296, or 2^32. That number is where the max level occured.
|

Johnsus
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 19:02:00 -
[15]
What I wanna know is, who took the time to mine ore for 2bil trit? That had to take at least a week.
Johnsus - CEO
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."
|

Datsevlu
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 19:05:00 -
[16]
Many different corps remember we buy our minerals. -- Datsevlu Blow'em up we'll build more.
Techell's ingame site |

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 19:06:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Jarjar on 30/09/2003 19:06:51 As far as I know, Techell don't mine.
By the way, if I could mine 2 billion in 1 week, well... 
Edit: Doh.
|

Datsevlu
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 19:10:00 -
[18]
We try not to we support the miners by buying as many of thier mins as we can. Aparently we go a little overboard with this. -- Datsevlu Blow'em up we'll build more.
Techell's ingame site |

Sc0rpion
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 19:15:00 -
[19]
Quote: What I wanna know is, who took the time to mine ore for 2bil trit? That had to take at least a week.
Hardly. I can mine enough ore to bring in almost a million tritanium per hour all by myself, hauling my own ore.
And I'm far from an uber miner.
More likely though, they probably just bought it.
"The true secret to enjoying life is to live it dangerously."
-Freidrich Nietzche |

Nevermore
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 20:05:00 -
[20]
Quote: Makes me wonder if there is a limit to what you can have in the hanger.
I have noticed that bar that is showing when loading,it is like halfway full now when loading the corp hanger. Wonder if there is a limit to what you can have in the corp hanger in M3?
I dont think that the bar shown while its loading has any correlation to how much the corp hangar can hold. When my corp hangar loads, the bar is also about halfway full, yet we have almost nothing in it. 
|

Datsevlu
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 20:07:00 -
[21]
I have seen the bar go up over the past few months. I wonder if it is the station limit that would be more realistic. -- Datsevlu Blow'em up we'll build more.
Techell's ingame site |

SavX
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 20:10:00 -
[22]
Yes there is a pile sized, tried it on Chaos.. :)
Don't Kill The Corp.. Kill the Suppliers. |

Trixxy
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 22:02:00 -
[23]
Edited by: Trixxy on 30/09/2003 22:02:49 Personally, my piles are really getting to be unmanageable.
But I digress... . . - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ...and remember - No pain, no pain. |

Baldour Ngarr
|
Posted - 2003.09.30 23:38:00 -
[24]
There probably is a maximum amount any hangar/corp/station can own: the way computer programs work, databases almost always have upper limits. But I would imagine that as soon as anyone starts getting anywhere near said limit, they'll rewrite the program to raise it.
Hope so, anyway. I used to play Terris, where the Ranger's Guild collected so much tithe that they broke the 2^31 mark and suddenly had minus two billion in their account 
_______ "Soon" is an ancient Icelandic word meaning "some time before the next Ice Age." |

Rizmordan Hillgotlieb
|
Posted - 2003.10.01 00:20:00 -
[25]
Quote: What I wanna know is, who took the time to mine ore for 2bil trit? That had to take at least a week.
AT LEAST A WEEK?!?!?!. My corp mines A LOT. We've spent 6 hours in one sitting and have gotten 20mil trit with 3 battleships all miner 2 and harvester drone equipped! That would still take us 600 hours to get 2 billion. Maybe if I had 30 similar guys in my company each doing 8 hour mining shifts a day for an entire week. Then you'll get your 2 billion.
Damn!! How could you get that many people with that kind of hardware to mine constantly for that long? Anybody with that kind of mentality should join my corp.
Techell obtains ore from dozens dare I say hundreds of sources and suppliers who visit Agogille. It's one of the busiest systems I've ever been to.
Posting for Numbnutz |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |