| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Talin Ostus
DeepSpace Manufacturers Brothers of Tangra
0
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 08:56:00 -
[1] - Quote
Alright, I've been told different things and I've had mixed results when I've tested it personally.
I use them when I'm using my mining team for storage so I don't have to deal with 50 jetcan's which makes my set up rather simple. I want a hard number on how long they last out in space.
I've been told at DT, two hours, 24 hours, and 30 days (of no activity with them).
I've launched a few and they all disappeared in about 24 hours. I've launched one in my PoS and it has been there for about 3~4 days now.
I'd like to know how these things lifespan actually work. I'd hate to be in the middle of a mining op and all of the sudden hundreds of millions of ore just disappear. |

Elena Thiesant
Sun Micro Systems
1403
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 09:11:00 -
[2] - Quote
Originally they lasted 'forever', that was changed recently.
If you load up the patch notes for Rubicon, the change should be there. If not, check release before and after. iirc the patch notes say how long they last |

Talin Ostus
DeepSpace Manufacturers Brothers of Tangra
0
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 10:54:00 -
[3] - Quote
after searching http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/ using the keywords freight and container (together and seperate) i've found nothing to answer my question. I seached all rubicon patches (include point patches) cirus & kronos. |

Elena Thiesant
Sun Micro Systems
1403
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 11:09:00 -
[4] - Quote
http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-rubicon-1.1
Quote: Cargo Containers
- Freight containers will now correctly be removed during downtime.
|

Talin Ostus
DeepSpace Manufacturers Brothers of Tangra
0
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 11:38:00 -
[5] - Quote
thanks, no clue how i missed it |

Elena Thiesant
Sun Micro Systems
1404
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 12:01:00 -
[6] - Quote
There may be different rules for within a POS force field, not sure. I know when that patch was released, all the freight containers while had been littering the asteroid belt for weeks were gone after DT.
Bear in mind if you're mining in highsec... Any freighter can scoop the containers WITHOUT going suspect. You only go suspect if you take stuff out. So someone could bm your freighter container while you're mining, warp a freighter in, scoop the container and warp out and you'd get concorded if you tried retaliating. |

Osa Hermosita
0
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 14:29:00 -
[7] - Quote
I've had an Enormous Freight Container inside my POS for about 3 weeks now. |

ELWhappo Sanchez
7
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 21:55:00 -
[8] - Quote
train anchoring then you can anchor the container and it will stay there as long as you access it once a month. |

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat Working Stiffs
4040
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 22:05:00 -
[9] - Quote
Tip: Use one of the following to restrict the results returned by Google
site:community.eveonline.com site:forums.eveonline.com site:wiki.eveonline.com site:eveonline.com
In addition to the patch notes was this news item: Disappearing Freight Containers in Space |

Elena Thiesant
Sun Micro Systems
1404
|
Posted - 2014.08.15 22:34:00 -
[10] - Quote
ELWhappo Sanchez wrote:train anchoring then you can anchor the container and it will stay there as long as you access it once a month.
You can't anchor freight containers. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |