| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Suli Arkaral
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 17:32:00 -
[1] - Quote
Yes I know there's dozens of threads out there that make fun of or support the CODE... This is not either.
All I'm asking is does CODE honor their permits? If you're answer is no then please post the kill mail showing where they didn't.
An answer of yes really doesn't require proof because I'm not sure there is a way to prove you didn't get attacked.
I'm thinking of getting a CODE permit but would like to know how much safety does it really offer... |

Tora Bushido
EVE Corporation 987654321-POP The Marmite Collective
1198
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 17:34:00 -
[2] - Quote
They honor them IF you follow the CODE. YOU EITHER LOVE US OR WE HATE YOU - ADAPT OR DIE - DELETE THE WEAK
|

Paranoid Loyd
1726
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 17:35:00 -
[3] - Quote
They do, unless you do something to get it revoked.
Thing is if you are not doing anything to get it revoked in the first place, then you don't really need it. "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
349
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 17:37:00 -
[4] - Quote
I have never ganked a Permit holder who was following the Code. My buddy did once, and we bought the guy a new retriever. (He actually saw us coming on D-Scan, but it was too late, we were right on top of him.) Tengu Grib > I agree. The distinct lack of quality spaceships makes RL the worst space sim ever. SolidX > i'm an alt IRL Guilty conscience? Buy a mining permit today. www.minerbumping.com |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4184
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 18:01:00 -
[5] - Quote
Yes and no, mainly no. They do sort of honour them but they also make their rules convoluted and impossible to gauge, so they can just say "You look like you are violating! Permit revoked!" just so they can score a kill.
As for proof, there's no real way to provide a killmail that shows that someone wasn't violating an arbitrary set of rules prior to death.
Of course you know all this, obvious code alt. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Suli Arkaral
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 18:46:00 -
[6] - Quote
Okay kind of what I expected. A few generic answers with a troll thrown in for flavor.
So far no proof that CODE would gank me with a permit. The thread is still new so there is time for more replies so I'm going to wait before spending the 10 mil. I'm not worried about the 10 mil but rather should I dock if CODE is in system or would I be safe to mine?
If anyone has killmails or even screenshots of CODE convo where they ganked someone with a permit please link them. I'm sure other miners must ask this same question too. |

Paranoid Loyd
1728
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 18:51:00 -
[7] - Quote
Your line of thought would be sound if CODE were the only gankers in the game, they are not. You have just as much chance of being ganked by someone not affiliated with CODE. Therefore you should be doing things that help you to not get ganked, if you are doing those things, then you do not need a permit. "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions Caldari State
351
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 18:52:00 -
[8] - Quote
Suli Arkaral wrote:Okay kind of what I expected. A few generic answers with a troll thrown in for flavor.
So far no proof that CODE would gank me with a permit. The thread is still new so there is time for more replies so I'm going to wait before spending the 10 mil. I'm not worried about the 10 mil but rather should I dock if CODE is in system or would I be safe to mine?
If anyone has killmails or even screenshots of CODE convo where they ganked someone with a permit please link them. I'm sure other miners must ask this same question too.
With a permit you do not have to dock the moment Code is in system, that being said you should still be vigilant, watch D-Scan and watch for obvious warp-in alts. Local Agents may test you to see if you are actually following the Code. If you pass the test, send them a gf and a wave in local. If you fail the test, learn your lesson and send them a gf in local. If you are violating the Code as a permit holder you are still subject to ganking, if you are a permit holder though, agents will usually put a little less effort into the gank which gives you a better chance of escaping unscathed. If you have no permit, they'll gank you. And you won't be able to avoid it. Tengu Grib > I agree. The distinct lack of quality spaceships makes RL the worst space sim ever. SolidX > i'm an alt IRL Guilty conscience? Buy a mining permit today. www.minerbumping.com |

Leto Thule
Fleet-Jump Surely You're Joking
1261
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 18:59:00 -
[9] - Quote
I have just decided to roll up a gank alt in support of CODE.
I credit this thread with tipping the scales. Killboard
https://zkillboard.com/character/90841161/
Ripard Teg sucks. |

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
141
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 19:37:00 -
[10] - Quote
I haven't mined since 2006. I still keep my permits up to date. Never had a problem with a CODE. Signature Removal in Progress, Estimated time of completion? Neva |

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight The Devil's Warrior Alliance
4668
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 19:49:00 -
[11] - Quote
StonerPhReaK wrote:I haven't mined since 2006. I still keep my permits up to date. Never had a problem with a CODE. Hahaha....Wait what!? =][= |

Vagrant Balzary
Athena's Legion
3
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 20:57:00 -
[12] - Quote
Oh god please don't buy into this whole permit thing.
If you're going to bore yourself to tears mining, why pay someone for that privilege? Why not just do your due diligence and watch local for anyone who looks a little slow and either avoid them or attack? |

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
1493
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 21:27:00 -
[13] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:StonerPhReaK wrote:I haven't mined since 2006. I still keep my permits up to date. Never had a problem with a CODE. Hahaha....Wait what!? I guess he's targetting the competition, any competition, indirectly.  |

Froggy Storm
Paragon Trust The Bastion
292
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 21:39:00 -
[14] - Quote
Leto Thule wrote:I have just decided to roll up a gank alt in support of CODE.
I credit this thread with tipping the scales.
I've also been considering a gank alt just to join in with the fun. Strictly as an aspect of Eve I've yet to focus on. |

Paranoid Loyd
1729
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 21:48:00 -
[15] - Quote
Froggy Storm wrote:Strictly as an aspect of Eve I've yet to focus on.
Fun?  "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
1070
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 22:18:00 -
[16] - Quote
Don't to forget to post your tribute to James315 in your bio. Thats kind of important - as it greatly assists your would-be ganker in not blowing you up.
|

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Ketchup Advisory Board
1001
|
Posted - 2014.09.05 23:15:00 -
[17] - Quote
Suli Arkaral wrote:Okay kind of what I expected. A few generic answers with a troll thrown in for flavor.
So far no proof that CODE would gank me with a permit. The thread is still new so there is time for more replies so I'm going to wait before spending the 10 mil. I'm not worried about the 10 mil but rather should I dock if CODE is in system or would I be safe to mine?
If anyone has killmails or even screenshots of CODE convo where they ganked someone with a permit please link them. I'm sure other miners must ask this same question too. There are many instances where permit holders have been ganked by New Order agents. In almost every one of these cases the gankee was violating the code, usually by being afk and not responding to agents in local. In fact we had just one such instance last night in which we are considering revoking a corporation permit because of gross negligence in following the code on the part of its members. That said, revoking permits is (fortunately) very rare, and I've only had to revoke three of the many permits I have sold (all three of those were to the same person).
Of course there have been a few mistakes over the past two years, but these have been handled with ship refunds. DJ Entropy is especially courteous when it comes to these sorts of customer service issues, and if you have any issues, you can either contact either of us to handle a refund.
Leto Thule wrote:I have just decided to roll up a gank alt in support of CODE.
I credit this thread with tipping the scales. Awesome! New player resources: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page - General information http://www.evealtruist.com/p/know-your-enemy.html - Learn to PvP http://belligerentundesirables.com/ - Safaris, Awoxes, Ganking and Griefing-á |

Xuixien
The Dark Space Initiative Scary Wormhole People
1700
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 00:19:00 -
[18] - Quote
New Order agent. Never ganked a permit holder who was at their keyboard and being polite.
Did find someone who had a fake permit in their bio... me and some friends blew up their entire mining fleet, some 3 billion ISK worth +. Epic Space Cat |

Amyclas Amatin
Northstar Cabal Tactical Narcotics Team
320
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 00:45:00 -
[19] - Quote
It's all about catch 22.
If it's gankable, it isn't CODE compliant. But we have been known to reimburse loyal subjects. For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/
High-Sec has a future, But do You? Buy a Mining Permit to Secure yours today. |

Sabriz Adoudel
Mission BLITZ
3542
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 01:29:00 -
[20] - Quote
As a CODE. supporter, I have only ever twice shot permit holders.
Once was a prearranged failed gank so that we'd have kill rights on each other. That scam paid off very well.
The second was when an Agent started annoying the rest of us in a loaded POS bash, so we shot him :) Didn't want his DPS anyway. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=366607 - Gank incursion runners, win prizes! August 26-Sept 30. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=238931 - an idea for a new form of hybrid PVE/PVP content. www.minerbumping.com - ganking miners and causing chaos |

Jake Entar
New Order Logistics CODE.
8
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 01:39:00 -
[21] - Quote
CODE. only enforces law when a player with a mining permit is breaking a law.
Feel safe flying with a mining permit! Just follow the simple rules and you are good to go  |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
963
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 05:27:00 -
[22] - Quote
As a known supporter of the New Order of High-Sec and diplomat for the CODE alliance, allow me to provide some clarity.
Here is the most simple, less "wordy" and not subject to "tl;dr" syndrome I can provide:
Do you have a proper permit sold to you by a agent of the New Order, and is that permit proudly displayed in your characters bio? If so, you get every benefit of the doubt. If there is a single target in the system that is not you, my fleet will target them first. I assume you are following the CODE - letter for letter.
Failing that - I might say hello to you in local and give you a o/ and a :) - do you respond? I understand it might take some time. No response for 10 seconds? No worries! 30 seconds? Maybe you don't type that fast! 60 seconds? I'm starting to worry about you, but I will still do nothing. 90 seconds? You are probably AFK? 120 seconds? A fleet is in warp to destroy you.
It's simple. Purchase a permit, display that permit and support for the savior of highsec, the holy James 315 in that bio, and don't AFK in space.
Now, let's talk about the top 3 things that people get confused about, and try to clear them up.
#1) "You shot me, and I never got any warning!" - Yes, but you did not have a proper mining permit displayed in your bio. No permit = none of the rules apply to you. You are a free target, and I don't give you a friendly "warning". After you explode, however, I will give you a friendly mail that will show you how to purchase a permit.
#2) "You shot me, but I have a permit!" - Yes, but you did not respond to multiple chances to show you were at the keyboard - OR - you did not even bother to display the permit in your bio. If you can't watch local or show your support in your bio, you might as well not even hold a permit.
#3) "You shot me, but I have a permit and support for James 315 in my bio AND responded to your conversation!" - Never heard this one. Ever. If anyone can ever provide a CREST verified killmail that lines up with un-edited chat logs verified by multiple sources that prove this wild theory - I will replace the value of your ship and/or escape pod. The "Anti-Gankers" will try to tell you we target our beloved permit holders all the time - I will not even dignify their wild conspiracy theories by trying to deny it, I just ask you, citizen of EVE - ask them for proof. Proof beyond reasonable doubt. They will fail. Every. Single. Time. Use your own mind, talk to us, talk to others, figure it out for yourself.
I hope this clears up any confusion you may have about the need to display a proper permit while operating in New Order sov space (also known as "high-sec") and if I can offer you any more help, please feel free to contact me via Eve-Mail or in game convo. The New Order diplomacy department is always open and ready to assist you. |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4190
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 09:13:00 -
[23] - Quote
Suli Arkaral wrote:Okay kind of what I expected. A few generic answers with a troll thrown in for flavor.
So far no proof that CODE would gank me with a permit. The thread is still new so there is time for more replies so I'm going to wait before spending the 10 mil. I'm not worried about the 10 mil but rather should I dock if CODE is in system or would I be safe to mine?
If anyone has killmails or even screenshots of CODE convo where they ganked someone with a permit please link them. I'm sure other miners must ask this same question too. lol, try harder. These threads full of code members patting themselves on the back are just a desperate cry for relevance as your rep is dwindling. And the end of the day CODE are just gankers and scammers. They demand isk to be protected from ganking, yet as has been pointed out in this very thread "If it's gankable, it isn't CODE compliant.", meaning that paying for a permit is irrelevant.
A permit serves no purpose other than convincing noobs and idiots that it's a legitimate business so you'll pay for their catalysts. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Solette Cheli
University of Caille Gallente Federation
10
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 09:34:00 -
[24] - Quote
This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit. |

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite CODE.
215
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 12:01:00 -
[25] - Quote
Solette Cheli wrote:This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit. Hello Solette. A proper mining permit has the name of the Agent who sold it linked. You can simply ask that Agent or write a mail to him to verify the validity of the mining permit. I admit this may take some time. If the subject with the permit in question does not violate the Code in any other way I will always give them the benefit of the doubt and let them mine until I get the response from the Agent. the Code ALWAYS wins |

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
7
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 12:29:00 -
[26] - Quote
Heres something for the OP to ponder over while he makes his decision. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3350702#post3350702 True colors tend to shine through as they say.
|

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
37
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 17:47:00 -
[27] - Quote
No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"? Forum Main |

Ssabat Thraxx
Dominion Tenebrarum Reverberation Project
417
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 18:55:00 -
[28] - Quote
The Boss and I have a "daughter company" that mines. We get each new member Code-compliant as soon as they join the corp. Our Orca booster and haulers are all Code-compliant as well. We've never had any trouble when Code comes into a system our miners are using. They tell me, however, that it's a right good laugh when Code shows up during an ice spawn and everybody else runs, docks, and boo-hoo's in local while our guys get all the ice to themselves.
Admittedly, none of us really get into the whole roleplaying thing Code does, bet let them have their fun,. I say. Besides, Code is good for the economy. They combat bot-mining, and they blow stuff up, removing materials from the game that have to be replaced.
Som ppl act like theyre being ripped off by Code. Love em or hate em, a lousy 10M isk is worth preventing the headaches and downtime, is it not?
So, remember next time you have to drop what youre doing and go sit in station for God knows how long, that you couldda paid a whoppin 10M isk to not have to worry about that ever again.
There's stubborn, and then there's stupid. Just sayin'
Either the rules apply to everyone, or they don't justly apply to anyone.
|

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Ketchup Advisory Board
1003
|
Posted - 2014.09.06 23:29:00 -
[29] - Quote
Ima Wreckyou wrote:Solette Cheli wrote:This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit. Hello Solette. A proper mining permit has the name of the Agent who sold it linked. You can simply ask that Agent or write a mail to him to verify the validity of the mining permit. I admit this may take some time. If the subject with the permit in question does not violate the Code in any other way I will always give them the benefit of the doubt and let them mine until I get the response from the Agent. As of January 1st 2014 every permit sold should have the agent's name in it for contacting about its status. If a pilot has a permit without this, request the name of the agent that they purchased it from. If they can't supply the name, or the agent can't verify the permit, consider the permit invalid. At this point I usually offer them the chance to purchase a new permit before ganking them, assuming they are compliant with the other provisions in the Code.
Keep in mind that the New Order is fairly decentralized, and the updated permit template was an invention of the (now defunct) corp New Order Death Dealers. As such some agents won't know to include this in the template. Should you encounter anyone who is not doing so, ask them to contact anyone who has purchased a permit from them to have the template updated. You can contact me in game if you need an updated template. New player resources: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page - General information http://www.evealtruist.com/p/know-your-enemy.html - Learn to PvP http://belligerentundesirables.com/ - Safaris, Awoxes, Ganking and Griefing-á |

Sabriz Adoudel
Mission BLITZ
3546
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 02:44:00 -
[30] - Quote
Solette Cheli wrote:This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit.
Ask DJ O if you suspect a fake permit, he has the list.
I generally give them the benefit of the doubt as I'm far too lazy to check. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=366607 - Gank incursion runners, win prizes! August 26-Sept 30. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=238931 - an idea for a new form of hybrid PVE/PVP content. www.minerbumping.com - ganking miners and causing chaos |

Lady Areola Fappington
2195
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 05:40:00 -
[31] - Quote
Solette Cheli wrote:This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit.
I've found the best way to verify a permit is to attempt to gank. Valid permit holders, who are following The Code, cannot be ganked.
Should the gank succeed, then the permit was obviously invalid, seeing as how valid permit holders following The Code cannot be ganked. Kentucky Derby losers are not turned into Ikea meatballs. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev did not accidentally blow up vowels in his own name. The chupacabra does not deliver presents on Cinco De Mayo. Anytime minutes donGÇÖt let you call the future. |

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Ketchup Advisory Board
1004
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 09:11:00 -
[32] - Quote
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:Solette Cheli wrote:This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit. I've found the best way to verify a permit is to attempt to gank. Valid permit holders, who are following The Code, cannot be ganked. Should the gank succeed, then the permit was obviously invalid, seeing as how valid permit holders following The Code cannot be ganked. Except that a permit holder upon seeing an agent enter system should have nothing to fear. They should greet the agent and go about their business while watching for non-new order agents. New player resources: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page - General information http://www.evealtruist.com/p/know-your-enemy.html - Learn to PvP http://belligerentundesirables.com/ - Safaris, Awoxes, Ganking and Griefing-á |

Yhora
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
61
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 10:44:00 -
[33] - Quote
As a hauler, I have never been safe hauling. I have also bought a permit. Coincidence? I think not. |

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
7
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 17:17:00 -
[34] - Quote
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:Solette Cheli wrote:This is my New Order Agent alt and I have a question.. How can I identify people with a fake permit? It seems rather simple for anyone to simply add a line with the permit and another supporting James 315, even if they haven't bought a permit. I've found the best way to verify a permit is to attempt to gank. Valid permit holders, who are following The Code, cannot be ganked. Should the gank succeed, then the permit was obviously invalid, seeing as how valid permit holders following The Code cannot be ganked. That is interesting, I've heard many agents explain permit compliance in this same way. Others though, including one rather well known agent who used to police the Gamis system and is now running with the conference of "elites", has refuted this claim. Only recently I had a conversation with said agent where he stated that a permit in bio was the only evidence of compliance neccessary. |

Suli Arkaral
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
1
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 17:50:00 -
[35] - Quote
Lady Areola Fappington wrote: I've found the best way to verify a permit is to attempt to gank. Valid permit holders, who are following The Code, cannot be ganked.
Should the gank succeed, then the permit was obviously invalid, seeing as how valid permit holders following The Code cannot be ganked.
So either way if a miner has a permit or not you'll try to gank them... Why get one then?
Anything can be ganked with enough DPS so saying someone cannot be ganked is silly.
I need a better sales pitch for that permit  |

Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
55
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 20:11:00 -
[36] - Quote
I'm not 'official' CODE but my criteria for ganking when I was active was this: can I gank the target with my 2 gank alts?
If you are caught with your pants down by just two catalysts you obviously aren't Code compliant and your permit should have been revoked anyway, so in that sence I've always operated within the Code myself.
Many permit holders that get ganked make the mistake of thinking it's a license to do whatever they want, it isn't, it's just one small part of being Code compliant. It's not an excuse to be AFK-mining in your untanked hulk with cargo expanders... |

Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
55
|
Posted - 2014.09.07 20:14:00 -
[37] - Quote
Suli Arkaral wrote:
So either way if a miner has a permit or not you'll try to gank them... Why get one then?
Speaking for myself: when choosing between two or more targets of about equal worth, I'd turn my attention to the non-permit holders first.
Others might not feel the same way though, in fact, they might consider having a permit while clearly NOT being Code compliant mockery of the Code and strike vengeance down upon you for such heresy. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
361
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 01:47:00 -
[38] - Quote
Dirk Decibel wrote:Suli Arkaral wrote:
So either way if a miner has a permit or not you'll try to gank them... Why get one then?
Speaking for myself: when choosing between two or more targets of about equal worth, I'd turn my attention to the non-permit holders first. Others might not feel the same way though, in fact, they might consider having a permit while clearly NOT being Code compliant mockery of the Code and strike vengeance down upon you for such heresy.
I'm of the same mind as yourself. Though if I were to spot an obvious code violator with a permit, I'd try to convo him, maybe he's looking at the market or something, if the convo failed I'd shoot him for sure. That being said, I focus on non-permit holders. Tengu Grib > I agree. The distinct lack of quality spaceships makes RL the worst space sim ever. SolidX > i'm an alt IRL Guilty conscience? Buy a mining permit today. www.minerbumping.com |

Solecist Project
9813
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 07:25:00 -
[39] - Quote
When I was in a fleet with the DJ ... ... he seriously said ... ... "No, that guy has a permit!" ... ... and we took out the other one!
I was soooo impressed, I literally threw all my clothes at him ... ... including the ones I was wearing just 10 seconds before ... ... and screamed MAKE ME HUNDRED BABIES OH MASTER !!!!!!
Proof: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l77numnuyk7z0t7/Screenshot%202014-09-02%2014.26.29.png?dl=0 ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
997
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 10:43:00 -
[40] - Quote
La Rynx wrote:No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"?
Confirming that CCP should have dispatched men with guns to our homes to make sure were were playing a video game at the exact time you expected us to be playing a video game.
|

Solecist Project
9820
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 10:59:00 -
[41] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:La Rynx wrote:No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"? Confirming that CCP should have dispatched men with guns to our homes to make sure were were playing a video game at the exact time you expected us to be playing a video game. I just gave you Like #1000! \o/
PEOPLE LOVE YOU !!!! :D ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1000
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 11:00:00 -
[42] - Quote
Solecist Project wrote:DJentropy Ovaert wrote:La Rynx wrote:No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"? Confirming that CCP should have dispatched men with guns to our homes to make sure were were playing a video game at the exact time you expected us to be playing a video game. I just gave you Like #1000! \o/ PEOPLE LOVE YOU !!!! :D
Awwww! Thank you so very very much! |

Solecist Project
9820
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 11:01:00 -
[43] - Quote
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3khes8ifezw296/Screenshot%202014-09-08%2012.59.49.png?dl=0
Proof!
Sure! ^_^ ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4194
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 11:26:00 -
[44] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:La Rynx wrote:No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"? Confirming that CCP should have dispatched men with guns to our homes to make sure were were playing a video game at the exact time you expected us to be playing a video game. I'm not sure where you saw the suggestion that guns should have been involved. It's pretty simple though, if you can't turn up to an official event you had committed to showing up for, and instead decide to act like a bunch of children, why should people expect your word to mean anything ever?
But you're right, yes, it's a video game. So you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, meaning that permits mean precisely nothing, since if you want to ignore them you can. The code and whether or not is fairly adhered to is irrelevant, because it's nothing but a scam made up to get newbies to pay for their gankers ships. The idea that it's an actual held belief and a strict set of standards is ludicrous, since as you pointed out, it's a video game. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1005
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 11:35:00 -
[45] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:
But you're right, yes, it's a video game. So you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, meaning that permits mean precisely nothing, since if you want to ignore them you can. The code and whether or not is fairly adhered to is irrelevant, because it's nothing but a scam made up to get newbies to pay for their gankers ships. The idea that it's an actual held belief and a strict set of standards is ludicrous, since as you pointed out, it's a video game.
Waiting for a single kill mail of a permit holder who was following the CODE to the letter at the time of his death.
It's literally never happened. Not once.
Also, nice space lawyer style. EVE is supposed to be fair, high-sec is supposed to be safe, grrrrrrrrrr :P |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4195
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 12:31:00 -
[46] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Waiting for a single kill mail of a permit holder who was following the CODE to the letter at the time of his death.
It's literally never happened. Not once. Lol, yes, because any time you feel like getting a gank and the only people around have permits, you make up a reason to invalidate it. It's even been said in this very thread that the act of being able to be ganked invalidates a permit as you need to be tanked. So again, permits are irrelevant. The only people that wouldn't be ganked while having a permit wouldn't require them because code members would be incapable of ganking them regardless.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Also, nice space lawyer style. EVE is supposed to be fair, high-sec is supposed to be safe, grrrrrrrrrr :P lol, where did I say that? I don't think it should be fair or safe, but that's completely beside the point of whether or not a bunch of gankers will abide by rules laid out for a made up cult. You'll say whatever you can to convince the noobs of your scam and that permits are a requirement, because they pay for your ships. If the miners simply didn't pay for permits you'd see a lot lot less code gankers. Then if they tanked their ships instead, the gankers there are would have nobody left to gank. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Black Pedro
Yammerschooner
28
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 13:30:00 -
[47] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote: I don't think it should be fair or safe, but that's completely beside the point of whether or not a bunch of gankers will abide by rules laid out for a made up cult. You'll say whatever you can to convince the noobs of your scam and that permits are a requirement, because they pay for your ships. If the miners simply didn't pay for permits you'd see a lot lot less code gankers. Then if they tanked their ships instead, the gankers there are would have nobody left to gank.
In true carebear form you only seem to view the world through the lens of ISK. How many permits have been sold? Something in the hundreds I would guess. Now if you take a look at http://www.minerbumping.com/p/shareholders.html you will see over 400 billion ISK has been sent the to New Order in the form of share purchases. Clearly the few billion earned from permit sales is dwarfed by the ISK sent in from all over by the good people of New Eden to support our righteous work.
If permit sales stopped tomorrow there wouldn't be a dent in the number of New Order gankers or the number of ganks in highsec. Permits are just a way for the citizens of high security space to declare who they stand with - the whiny, ISK-obsessed/risk-adverse carebears like yourself, or the side that supports generating content, creating risk and combating the bots and the bot-aspirants, you know, the good guys.
And further, as an added bonus, the permit provides you the benefit of the doubt from the major threat to your mining/hauling operation in New Order territory. For only 10M ISK a year, it seems like a no brainer to invest in a permit to protect your precious space assets.
|

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1006
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:17:00 -
[48] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote: I don't think it should be fair or safe, but that's completely beside the point of whether or not a bunch of gankers will abide by rules laid out for a made up cult. You'll say whatever you can to convince the noobs of your scam and that permits are a requirement, because they pay for your ships. If the miners simply didn't pay for permits you'd see a lot lot less code gankers. Then if they tanked their ships instead, the gankers there are would have nobody left to gank.
Confirming that a huge amount of our money comes from permits, and that if you simply inform every new player to not purchase one something will somehow change.
You think you get it, you are .... 20% on the way to getting it, but you have become derailed. I'll try to help you.
Once you hit the "cult" part you really got lost. What do you think is more likely, we are a group of players who enjoy parody, irony, "tounge-in-cheek" comedy, or are forming a massive religious cult centered about internet spaceships?
The reality is, and this is the part you are going to have a hard time accepting - we give permit holders every single benefit of the doubt. They get a polite convo or a poke in local to make sure they are at the keyboard. We assume they are following the CODE, and the only time we will fire on them is if clear evidence is presented that shows they are not. Think: false permit / away from keyboard / smack talking in local.
We want them to tank their ships. That's the point :P We take the scrubby angry miner who is forever doomed to a lifetime of misery and oblivion that results in them just canceling their account due to getting bored with playing EVE like it is a interactive mining simulation, and we carefully mold them into the type of player worthy of the game - one that, in the words of CCP, understands how to protect their assets. If you can't keep it safe, you don't deserve to have it in the first place. Embrace that HTFU.
I hope this helped clear some things up for you. Please, if you take anything from this conversation - consider how little we charge for a mining permit. It's not quite even the cost of a single Tech 2 Catalyst, which we literally burn thousands of a day. Do you really think they are an actual source of funding for us? Or, have you considered the permit as more of a "litmus test" to check players sense of entitlement? There's nothing quite as funny as watching a player in a untanked hulk literally undock and lose ten of them in a single day while raging in local about how he would rather suffer billions and billions in losses then "pay for a extortion racket" and how "high-sec is free for everyone!" and "honor" and "bushido" or other random New Order bingo squares.
Stop thinking "cult" - start thinking "players having fun creating emergent gameplay" - once you get there, you will start to understand who we are. |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1006
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:20:00 -
[49] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:Permits are just a way for the citizens of high security space to declare who they stand with - the whiny, ISK-obsessed/risk-adverse carebears like yourself, or the side that supports generating content, creating risk and combating the bots and the bot-aspirants, you know, the good guys.
And further, as an added bonus, the permit provides you the benefit of the doubt from the major threat to your mining/hauling operation in New Order territory. For only 10M ISK a year, it seems like a no brainer to invest in a permit to protect your precious space assets.
So well said, literally hitting like as hard as I can and throwing money at the screen.
This is where the rabid carebear logic breaks down - everything is always about ISK and money and PLEX and ..... the concept of "fun per hour" is just lost somewhere.
Thanks for the great post. |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4197
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:21:00 -
[50] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:In true carebear form you only seem to view the world through the lens of ISK. How many permits have been sold? Something in the hundreds I would guess. Now if you take a look at http://www.minerbumping.com/p/shareholders.html you will see over 400 billion ISK has been sent the to New Order in the form of share purchases. Clearly the few billion earned from permit sales is dwarfed by the ISK sent in from all over by the good people of New Eden to support our righteous work. If permit sales stopped tomorrow there wouldn't be a dent in the number of New Order gankers or the number of ganks in highsec. Permits are just a way for the citizens of high security space to declare who they stand with - the whiny, ISK-obsessed/risk-adverse carebears like yourself, or the side that supports generating content, creating risk and combating the bots and the bot-aspirants, you know, the good guys. Of course it would make a dent, since the shareholder cash doesn't go to the individual members while the permit cash does.
And lol, you don;t kill bots, not even remotely. You kill untanked random nubs. Arguably the people you kill have the LEAST bot aspirant behaviour, since anyone mining with bots or isboxer will be mining in tanked ships with a dedicated hauler since it's far more efficient. Killing a guy sitting around in a single retriever solo, that's not stopping bots. What that's saying is "if you aren't a bot and you aren't multiboxing skiffs and procurers while half-afk, we'll gank you". Congratulations. You support botters.
Black Pedro wrote:And further, as an added bonus, the permit provides you the benefit of the doubt from the major threat to your mining/hauling operation in New Order territory. For only 10M ISK a year, it seems like a no brainer to invest in a permit to protect your precious space assets. New order aren't a threat to anything, the permit doesn't change that. As I pointed out before it's been made clear that if you CAN be ganked, then your permit is void. Therefore, a permit is not required, since for it to be valid you must be tanked enough to not get ganked anyway. I'd rather not pay you a single isk and still not be in any way threatened by you.
Funnily enough, a couple of month back I afk isboxer mined right next to you (you specifically that is, not just code in general) a few times while you were ganking, completely permit free. It's a great way to grab those pesky lowends while playing PS4. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Joey Spokes
House of Praetor Fidelas Constans
5
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:37:00 -
[51] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Black Pedro wrote:Permits are just a way for the citizens of high security space to declare who they stand with - the whiny, ISK-obsessed/risk-adverse carebears like yourself, or the side that supports generating content, creating risk and combating the bots and the bot-aspirants, you know, the good guys.
And further, as an added bonus, the permit provides you the benefit of the doubt from the major threat to your mining/hauling operation in New Order territory. For only 10M ISK a year, it seems like a no brainer to invest in a permit to protect your precious space assets.
So well said, literally hitting like as hard as I can and throwing money at the screen. This is where the rabid carebear logic breaks down - everything is always about ISK and money and PLEX and ..... the concept of "fun per hour" is just lost somewhere. Thanks for the great post.
Is code not all about the isk? They gank people for profit. CODE is no better than all the other highsec carebears. Anytime code comes up against any resistance the run and dock up. |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4197
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:38:00 -
[52] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Once you hit the "cult" part you really got lost. What do you think is more likely, we are a group of players who enjoy parody, irony, "tounge-in-cheek" comedy, or are forming a massive religious cult centered about internet spaceships? You are, and I'm quoting myself here, a "made up cult". You RP a cult with the same principles and methods as you would expect to see from a cult. You extend slightly beyond that though as Pedro has demonstrated by starting to talking about the war on bots. Bots do not exist in game, they are an out of game thing, not an RP thing, so there's clear evidence that at least some of your membership are claiming to have an out of game agenda.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:The reality is, and this is the part you are going to have a hard time accepting - we give permit holders every single benefit of the doubt. They get a polite convo or a poke in local to make sure they are at the keyboard. We assume they are following the CODE, and the only time we will fire on them is if clear evidence is presented that shows they are not. Think: false permit / away from keyboard / smack talking in local. Of course I'm going to have a hard time accepting that, since its bull. You're saying that to try to defend your group. Of course you are going to say that. The fact remains that this is how the code is run:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:I've found the best way to verify a permit is to attempt to gank. Valid permit holders, who are following The Code, cannot be ganked.
Should the gank succeed, then the permit was obviously invalid, seeing as how valid permit holders following The Code cannot be ganked. So permits are irrelevant. If you can't be ganked, you don't need a permit.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:We want them to tank their ships. That's the point :P We take the scrubby angry miner who is forever doomed to a lifetime of misery and oblivion that results in them just canceling their account due to getting bored with playing EVE like it is a interactive mining simulation, and we carefully mold them into the type of player worthy of the game - one that, in the words of CCP, understands how to protect their assets. If you can't keep it safe, you don't deserve to have it in the first place. Embrace that HTFU. No, you take the nubby miner in his single ship and you blow him up. So he buys a tanked ship and earns slightly less. Then he sees that he can afk quite a bit in this one, so he gets a few more on the go. Then he thinks "hey, if I just buy isboxer for $5 a month, I can run a whole fleet of these!". Shazzam, you're in part responsible for the rise of multiboxed afk miner farms.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:I hope this helped clear some things up for you. Please, if you take anything from this conversation - consider how little we charge for a mining permit. It's not quite even the cost of a single Tech 2 Catalyst, which we literally burn thousands of a day. Do you really think they are an actual source of funding for us? Or, have you considered the permit as more of a "litmus test" to check players sense of entitlement? There's nothing quite as funny as watching a player in a untanked hulk literally undock and lose ten of them in a single day while raging in local about how he would rather suffer billions and billions in losses then "pay for a extortion racket" and how "high-sec is free for everyone!" and "honor" and "bushido" or other random New Order bingo squares.
Stop thinking "cult" - start thinking "players having fun creating emergent gameplay" - once you get there, you will start to understand who we are. I think I'll continue to think "guys who don't understand how eve works" and pay you precisely zip. Ganking people who are trying to actively mine in nooblike ways is in fact causing the exact thing you claim to be against. If you wanted to actually make a change, you'd start working in bigger groups and target the haulers and orcas of multibox and bot miners rather than going after soft targets that 9 times out of 10 are just clueless noobs trying to make their first battleship for "free". The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Vals Loeder
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:41:00 -
[53] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote: And lol, you don;t kill bots, not even remotely. You kill untanked random nubs. Arguably the people you kill have the LEAST bot aspirant behaviour, since anyone mining with bots or isboxer will be mining in tanked ships with a dedicated hauler since it's far more efficient. Killing a guy sitting around in a single retriever solo, that's not stopping bots. What that's saying is "if you aren't a bot and you aren't multiboxing skiffs and procurers while half-afk, we'll gank you". Congratulations. You support botters.
This new solo Retriever is mere days away from becoming an isboxer afk miner. If he is code compliant he will not be ganked and will not become an isboxer bot. The younger the bot aspirant is the more chance he has to be saved and become a pro fun per hour Eve player.
|

Black Pedro
Yammerschooner
29
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:45:00 -
[54] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:
And lol, you don;t kill bots, not even remotely. You kill untanked random nubs. Arguably the people you kill have the LEAST bot aspirant behaviour, since anyone mining with bots or isboxer will be mining in tanked ships with a dedicated hauler since it's far more efficient. Killing a guy sitting around in a single retriever solo, that's not stopping bots. What that's saying is "if you aren't a bot and you aren't multiboxing skiffs and procurers while half-afk, we'll gank you". Congratulations. You support botters.
New order aren't a threat to anything, the permit doesn't change that. As I pointed out before it's been made clear that if you CAN be ganked, then your permit is void. Therefore, a permit is not required, since for it to be valid you must be tanked enough to not get ganked anyway. I'd rather not pay you a single isk and still not be in any way threatened by you.
Funnily enough, a couple of month back I afk isboxer mined right next to you (you specifically that is, not just code in general) a few times while you were ganking, completely permit free. It's a great way to grab those pesky lowends while playing PS4.
I am afraid your logic is flawed. You tanked your miners because people like us enforce the risk vs. reward balance that this game us built upon. You assessed the risk, and rightly put yourself in tanked ships to give your mining op the best chance of success. That potential cost for risky behaviour is what we provide. Without us, everyone would fit for max yield/cargo and those aspects of the game would be even less interesting than they are now.
Your actions prove we are a threat, or at least a perceived threat by you, or why did you bother tanking your multiboxing fleet?
And although this is getting off-topic from the OP - OP, yes we do honour permits - I would say that if you were mining next to me a few months ago you may have even witnessed first-hand part of my epic battle against the botters, somehting that you claim we don't do. You can read about it on your own time here: http://www.minerbumping.com/2014/07/eves-last-best-hope.html
|

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4198
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:52:00 -
[55] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:I am afraid your logic is flawed. You tanked your miners because people like us enforce the risk vs. reward balance that this game us built upon. You assessed the risk, and rightly put yourself in tanked ships to give your mining op the best chance of success. That potential cost for risky behaviour is what we provide. Without us, everyone would fit for max yield/cargo and those aspects of the game would be even less interesting than they are now.
Your actions prove we are a threat, or at least a perceived threat by you, or why did you bother tanking your multiboxing fleet? Actually I tanked my miners because it seemed like the best way of guaranteeing my safety from any ganker, code or not, while I play other games. Code didn't even exist when I started tanking. I'm far more worried of getting caught up by an interdiction group or Burn Jita than I am of solo miners running and yelling "you need a permit!" at me in a minimized local window.
Black Pedro wrote:And although this is getting off-topic from the OP - OP, yes we do honour permits - I would say that if you were mining next to me a few months ago you may have even witnessed first-hand part of my epic battle against the botters, somehting that you claim we don't do. You can read about it on your own time here: http://www.minerbumping.com/2014/07/eves-last-best-hope.html Explain why this is the common CODE outlook on permits then?Lady Areola Fappington wrote:I've found the best way to verify a permit is to attempt to gank. Valid permit holders, who are following The Code, cannot be ganked.
Should the gank succeed, then the permit was obviously invalid, seeing as how valid permit holders following The Code cannot be ganked. The permit itself isn't honored at all. If the pilot can be ganked, the fact that they paid for a permit is irrelevant, thus buying one is a waste. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4198
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 14:58:00 -
[56] - Quote
Vals Loeder wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:And lol, you don;t kill bots, not even remotely. You kill untanked random nubs. Arguably the people you kill have the LEAST bot aspirant behaviour, since anyone mining with bots or isboxer will be mining in tanked ships with a dedicated hauler since it's far more efficient. Killing a guy sitting around in a single retriever solo, that's not stopping bots. What that's saying is "if you aren't a bot and you aren't multiboxing skiffs and procurers while half-afk, we'll gank you". Congratulations. You support botters. This new solo Retriever is mere days away from becoming an isboxer afk miner. If he is code compliant he will not be ganked and will not become an isboxer bot. The younger the bot aspirant is the more chance he has to be saved and become a pro fun per hour Eve player. lol, that's not how it works. You don't gank them and they suddenly go "ooh, I am sav4ed! I will immediately start playing with due care and attention!". They go "well that didn't work for me, what works for others? Plexing 50 accounts though isboxer? OK let's go!". The best you can hope for from the majority is that they do exactly the same thing again but in a procurer. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Joey Spokes
House of Praetor Fidelas Constans
5
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 15:03:00 -
[57] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:I am afraid your logic is flawed. You tanked your miners because people like us enforce the risk vs. reward balance that this game us built upon. You assessed the risk, and rightly put yourself in tanked ships to give your mining op the best chance of success. That potential cost for risky behaviour is what we provide. Without us, everyone would fit for max yield/cargo and those aspects of the game would be even less interesting than they are now. Your actions prove we are a threat, or at least a perceived threat by you, or why did you bother tanking your multiboxing fleet? And although this is getting off-topic from the OP - OP, yes we do honour permits - I would say that if you were mining next to me a few months ago you may have even witnessed first-hand part of my epic battle against the botters, somehting that you claim we don't do. You can read about it on your own time here: http://www.minerbumping.com/2014/07/eves-last-best-hope.html
Lol a battle, you can't call ganking botters a battle, its just noobs shooting at things that don't fight back. CODE is selective in honoring permits and just make excuses for ganking permit holders when they feel like it. |

Solecist Project
9820
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 15:06:00 -
[58] - Quote
Too much drivel.
I'll TL;DR this properly for everyone:
DJ owns.
The end.
^_^ ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

Solecist Project
9820
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 15:07:00 -
[59] - Quote
Also lol at people reading what they want to read.
"battle against botters" <> "calling ganking botters a battle".
Higher meanings ... too high. lol
All these haters and their selective awareness.
Hilarious! :D ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 17:30:00 -
[60] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote: It's literally never happened. Not once.
And Rivers flow Uphill. The Surface of the Sun is cold. The Code always wins.
What do the 4 have in common?
Nothing is true! They are all lies!
Lucas Kell wrote: The permit itself isn't honored at all. If the pilot can be ganked, the fact that they paid for a permit is irrelevant, thus buying one is a waste.
"Permit" in a nutshell.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:La Rynx wrote:No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"? Confirming that CCP should have dispatched men with guns to our homes to make sure were were playing a video game at the exact time you expected us to be playing a video game.
Bad luck with that argument.: You are bigmouthing about what "ElitePvP" you play, but when push comes to shove, you run faster than Speedy Gonzales and the Roadrunner. There where no guns needed! Just some "common sense". You where on the stage and you showed what you can do best! HINT: Fighting it is not!

In fact you agreed to *my* argument. CODE. does not honor ANY commitments. They would only do so, if forced by others under threat of violence. Thanks for the Agreement Mr. Forum Main |

Anal Canal
The Conference Elite CODE.
90
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 18:16:00 -
[61] - Quote
La Rynx wrote:DJentropy Ovaert wrote: It's literally never happened. Not once.
And Rivers flow Uphill. The Surface of the Sun is cold. The Code always wins. What do the 4 have in common? Nothing is true! They are all lies! Lucas Kell wrote: The permit itself isn't honored at all. If the pilot can be ganked, the fact that they paid for a permit is irrelevant, thus buying one is a waste.
"Permit" in a nutshell. DJentropy Ovaert wrote:La Rynx wrote:No they do not. The honor no commitment ever.
They also had commitet to come to the AT. They didn't honor that either. So if they don't honor commitments with CCP, why should they honor their "permits"? Confirming that CCP should have dispatched men with guns to our homes to make sure were were playing a video game at the exact time you expected us to be playing a video game. Bad luck with that argument.: You are bigmouthing about what "ElitePvP" you play, but when push comes to shove, you run faster than Speedy Gonzales and the Roadrunner. There where no guns needed! Just some "common sense". You where on the stage and you showed what you can do best! HINT: Fighting it is not!  In fact you agreed to *my* argument. CODE. does not honor ANY commitments. They would only do so, if forced by others under threat of violence. Thanks for the Agreement Mr.
You sound upset. Would you like to discuss your current loss situation so that we might be able to resolve this. I'd also suggest purchasing a permit as well. DJ can confirm that we do in fact honor permits, a few days ago a recently permit holder greeted us in local, and advised him of our activities. Later, it appeared he was AFK, so being the nice crew we are, we sent a convo. He accepted and was stated that he was doing some industrial things. He said he was sorry, docked up like he needed to, and then we all had cake.
The-áterminal end of the digestive system.-á |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
364
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 18:26:00 -
[62] - Quote
Anal Canal wrote:
You sound upset. Would you like to discuss your current loss situation so that we might be able to resolve this. I'd also suggest purchasing a permit as well. DJ can confirm that we do in fact honor permits, a few days ago a recently permit holder greeted us in local, and advised him of our activities. Later, it appeared he was AFK, so being the nice crew we are, we sent a convo. He accepted and was stated that he was doing some industrial things. He said he was sorry, docked up like he needed to, and then we all had cake.
I too like cake. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 18:50:00 -
[63] - Quote
Anal Canal wrote:You sound upset.
 No thats only a wet dream of yours. Clap your heals 3 times, maybe it comes true! But you would have come to lowsec first.

But since you are hipocritic carebears and only wannabe toughguys it will never happen. Forum Main |

Paranoid Loyd
1759
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 18:54:00 -
[64] - Quote
La Rynx wrote:Anal Canal wrote:You sound upset.  No thats only a wet dream of yours. Clap your heals 3 times, maybe it comes true! But you would have come to lowsec first.  But since you are hipocritic carebears and only wannabe toughguys it will never happen. btw: everone knows: the cake is a lie! listen to that! and the science get done!"i am not even angry" 
Yep definitely upset. "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 18:57:00 -
[65] - Quote
Paranoid Loyd wrote:Yep definitely upset.
Nope! Your just paranoid! lol

You want me gone ,eh?
 Forum Main |

Leto Thule
Fleet-Jump Surely You're Joking
1275
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 19:06:00 -
[66] - Quote
La Rynx wrote: No thats only a wet dream of yours.
Where DO you get your logic from? Seriously, how do you associate things together to come to that conclusion?
1 + 5 = Truck
Wtf?? Killboard
https://zkillboard.com/character/90841161/
Ripard Teg sucks. |

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 19:09:00 -
[67] - Quote
Leto Thule wrote:La Rynx wrote: No thats only a wet dream of yours.
Where DO you get your logic from? Seriously, how do you associate things together to come to that conclusion? 1 + 5 = Truck Wtf??
hmm? You wanted to ignore me!
Hmm, *you* sound upset! ROFL Forum Main |

Leto Thule
Fleet-Jump Surely You're Joking
1276
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 19:41:00 -
[68] - Quote
No, not anger.
Genuine interest in how the unstable mind of the intellectually inferior reaches conclusions such as you have.
Please, enlighten us.
Oh.. hold on here...
               
There we go. Killboard
https://zkillboard.com/character/90841161/
Ripard Teg sucks. |

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
6928
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 19:46:00 -
[69] - Quote
The purpose of the permit is not understood by anyone who dies in posession of it. "Many have joined the battle, many have survived the tests and trials, but countless have fallen because they weren't the sharpest, the fastest thinking, the most devious, the most ruthless or most intelligent. -áLog in and Compete!"-á- CCP Falcon
|

Solecist Project
9827
|
Posted - 2014.09.08 19:51:00 -
[70] - Quote
the troll at least is finding this as honestly assuming as the actual players. ^_^ ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |
|

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
2116

|
Posted - 2014.09.08 21:06:00 -
[71] - Quote
I have removed a rule breaking post.
The Rules: 4. Personal attacks are prohibited.
Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated. ISD Ezwal Captain Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department |
|

Steppa Musana
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
21
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 00:34:00 -
[72] - Quote
If you are following The CODE you are mining wrong.
The mining mechanics are boring as can be. I have to question why anyone would be willing to sit at their keyboard for that. The only excuse I can think of is forum posting or doing some kind of work on the computer. Even playing another game will keep you distracted long enough so you aren't properly using d-scan.
By following the CODE you are pretty much painting a sign on your forehead that says, "idiot".
Either mine AFK with a tanked ship, mine AFK with a cheap easily replaceable ship, or mine ATK in more hostile space where the rewards are increased and thus match your vigilance. |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1021
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 01:49:00 -
[73] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote: You are, and I'm quoting myself here, a "made up cult". You RP a cult with the same principles and methods as you would expect to see from a cult. You extend slightly beyond that though as Pedro has demonstrated by starting to talking about the war on bots. Bots do not exist in game, they are an out of game thing, not an RP thing, so there's clear evidence that at least some of your membership are claiming to have an out of game agenda.
You assume we are some sort of separate "Role Playing" group, and somehow are doing something different in regards to that then anyone else. Everyone who logs into EVE is role playing. You are taking control over a make believe character who is immortal and controls a number of starships with faster then light engines. Everyone "role plays".
As for the "cult" thing - if you don't get it, if you can't have fun with player created content, there's really nothing anyone here can do or say to help you. You can complain about it loudly on the fourms, however. The simple reality is: we bring more life and fun to the fine and time-honored art of high-sec suicide ganking then most. We're not doing anything new - and our tactics and techniques were founded in the techniques of those who came before us. The only real difference is that our targets are going to get a lot more then "LOL YOU GOT REKT LEARN TO FIT NOOB" from us - they are going to get guidence, advice, help - assuming they want it and pass the basic litmus test of being polite.
Lucas Kell wrote:No, you take the nubby miner in his single ship and you blow him up. So he buys a tanked ship and earns slightly less. Then he sees that he can afk quite a bit in this one, so he gets a few more on the go. Then he thinks "hey, if I just buy isboxer for $5 a month, I can run a whole fleet of these!". Shazzam, you're in part responsible for the rise of multiboxed afk miner farms.
Sorry, but I am going to have to put on my fedora of more experience with these things then you now.
In the first half of this year, I have put down about 1100 mining ships, and I have spoken with a fairly large amount of these players. Of them, I can confirm that one or two wers so angry they claimed to have "quit the game" - but there's no way to even prove that, even if they biomass - there's no way of knowing if they actually unsubbed. But let's face it - if you quit eve over losing a ship then it probably was not the game for you in the first place. Also, I don't know a single one who responded by running a ISbox fleet lol :P
Almost every single one of them say nothing, learn to watch for me and my known scouts to be in the area, tank harder, and pay a bit more attention to what is going on. The next time I manage to catch them, it's a lot tougher to drop them, and it's beyond rare that they will allow me to ever shoot them a third time. High-sec suicide ganks are not rocket science, and it's easy to protect yourself with a little common sense.
A small amount of them also purchase a New Order permit after the gank. These players get the benefit of the doubt from our fleets after this point, and they tend to be of a higher caliber then most players.
A tiny group (less then 30!) of everyone I have ever ganked, well, they go full on insane. They send me RL death threats, and in game communications full of some of the most vile stuff you could ever imagine. They rage about honor, bushido, how unfair the game is, etc etc etc. I report the truly special ones to CCP for EULA violations, and forward the good ones to http://minerbumping.com so others may enjoy the story.
There's another group of players you have probably not thought about, and I can introduce you to at least a dozen of them - players I have ganked who have ended up joining the New Order, flying with me, and flat out thanking me for showing them that EVE could actually be fun and they could do something other then shoot rocks or red mission rat things.
[Lucas Kell wrote:I think I'll continue to think "guys who don't understand how eve works" and pay you precisely zip. Ganking people who are trying to actively mine in nooblike ways is in fact causing the exact thing you claim to be against. If you wanted to actually make a change, you'd start working in bigger groups and target the haulers and orcas of multibox and bot miners rather than going after soft targets that 9 times out of 10 are just clueless noobs trying to make their first battleship for "free".
You can think what you want, of course. You are wrong, but I respect your right to hold whatever belief you want. As for paying me, that's fine - those who wish to fly with a New Order permit can, those who don't want do are not forced to. Agents of the New Order are not personally offended when we find a non-permit holding miner - you simply are at a much higher risk of being bumped or fired on.
As for your idea about making a change and working in bigger groups and targeting the Orcas of multibox fleets... wow :) You have done no homework on this subject at all and are just throwing third hand information out there. Personally, I am responsible for FCing the death of over 60 Orca's, which takes at least eight of us (usually more like 12) working together. Most of these Orca's were either totally AFK sitting at a station somewhere providing boosts, or totally AFK in some belt providing boost and being used as a space garbage bin.
I urge you to further educate yourself on this topic before you reply. Here's a handy link for you, the next time you are even considering the use of any of these memes:
"The CODE only kills miners!" "The CODE only kills things that can't fight back!" "The CODE never goes to Low/Null/WH space!"
Just stop typing, look this over. I'm trying to help you not seem silly in front of all of these nice people.
http://code.220mm.org/?a=alliance_detail&all_ext_id=99002775 |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1021
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 01:52:00 -
[74] - Quote
Steppa Musana wrote:If you are following The CODE you are mining wrong.
The mining mechanics are boring as can be. I have to question why anyone would be willing to sit at their keyboard for that. The only excuse I can think of is forum posting or doing some kind of work on the computer. Even playing another game will keep you distracted long enough so you aren't properly using d-scan.
By following the CODE you are pretty much painting a sign on your forehead that says, "idiot".
Either mine AFK with a tanked ship, mine AFK with a cheap easily replaceable ship, or mine ATK in more hostile space where the rewards are increased and thus match your vigilance.
You miss the point, like most.
By mining in a ship you can replace easily - you are following the CODE.
By mining with a tanked ship - you are following the CODE.
By moving to more hostile space - you are following the CODE.
The reality is, in any of these situations, if you insist on doing it while AFK - you are at a much greater risk of taking losses, this is regardless of the New Order's personal love of purging the AFK bot-aspirant, if not us - someone will come take you down sooner or later.
The fact is - almost every good miner out there is already following the CODE, to the letter. Now, if they lack a permit and get caught slipping up - they might take a loss that a simple permit would have saved them from, but the skilled miners never put themselves into that situation in the first place.
I hope this helps clear things up a little bit for you. |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4202
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 07:56:00 -
[75] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:As for the "cult" thing - if you don't get it, if you can't have fun with player created content, there's really nothing anyone here can do or say to help you. You can complain about it loudly on the fourms, however. The simple reality is: we bring more life and fun to the fine and time-honored art of high-sec suicide ganking then most. We're not doing anything new - and our tactics and techniques were founded in the techniques of those who came before us. The only real difference is that our targets are going to get a lot more then "LOL YOU GOT REKT LEARN TO FIT NOOB" from us - they are going to get guidence, advice, help - assuming they want it and pass the basic litmus test of being polite. Of course I can have fun with player created content, I do so daily, but I don't see what's fun about ganking noobs, cutting down on the botters competition, then writing a 3 thousand page essay about how it's all done to save the game from bots.
A simple question was asked by the OP, I answered it. You've now become enormously defensive because you want people to believe you are an honourable bunch, even though it's code members that have pointed out in no uncertain terms that having a permit is irrelevant to survival.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:In the first half of this year, I have put down about 1100 mining ships, and I have spoken with a fairly large amount of these players. Of them, I can confirm that one or two wers so angry they claimed to have "quit the game" - but there's no way to even prove that, even if they biomass - there's no way of knowing if they actually unsubbed. But let's face it - if you quit eve over losing a ship then it probably was not the game for you in the first place. Also, I don't know a single one who responded by running a ISbox fleet lol :P OK, let's see a list of the 1100 people alongside exactly what they did and what they are doing now following being ganked by you.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:You can think what you want, of course. You are wrong, but I respect your right to hold whatever belief you want. As for paying me, that's fine - those who wish to fly with a New Order permit can, those who don't want do are not forced to. Agents of the New Order are not personally offended when we find a non-permit holding miner - you simply are at a much higher risk of being bumped or fired on. LOL. I have zero risk of code ever doing anything to even remotely affect me.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:As for your idea about making a change and working in bigger groups and targeting the Orcas of multibox fleets... wow :) You have done no homework on this subject at all and are just throwing third hand information out there. Personally, I am responsible for FCing the death of over 60 Orca's, which takes at least eight of us (usually more like 12) working together. Most of these Orca's were either totally AFK sitting at a station somewhere providing boosts, or totally AFK in some belt providing boost and being used as a space garbage bin. We have agents who do nothing *BUT* shoot haulers. 60 whole orcas? You are my hero, honest.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:I urge you to further educate yourself on this topic before you reply. Here's a handy link for you, the next time you are even considering the use of any of these memes: "The CODE only kills miners!" "The CODE only kills things that can't fight back!" "The CODE never goes to Low/Null/WH space!" http://code.220mm.org/?a=alliance_detail&all_ext_id=99002775 I've not used any of those. I've stated and will state again: Permits are irrelevant as code members consider them invalid if you are able to be ganked, thus the only way for them to be "valid" is to be ungankable, at which point code can't do anything anyway. Code claim to be against botters and yet their methods do in fact support botters and multiboxers by eliminating the smaller competition.
Those things I stand by. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4202
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 08:02:00 -
[76] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:You miss the point, like most.
By mining in a ship you can replace easily - you are following the CODE.
By mining with a tanked ship - you are following the CODE.
By moving to more hostile space - you are following the CODE. So by mining AFK in a 20 man isboxer fleet, is the code being followed simply because the ships are tanked? You might want to reread the code.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:The reality is, in any of these situations, if you insist on doing it while AFK - you are at a much greater risk of taking losses, this is regardless of the New Order's personal love of purging the AFK bot-aspirant, if not us - someone will come take you down sooner or later. if they are in a tanked procurer, they have nearly no chance to take a loss. Especially from code members as they lack commitment. It's fine for people to actively break the code if they are too tough to be shot down easily.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:The fact is - almost every good miner out there is already following the CODE, to the letter. Now, if they lack a permit and get caught slipping up - they might take a loss that a simple permit would have saved them from, but the skilled miners never put themselves into that situation in the first place. Bull. The vast majority of miners are at least partially AFK, meaning they break the code. Just because you choose to select only certain rules then claim that as a victory, it means nothing.
The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Elinarien
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
31
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 08:53:00 -
[77] - Quote
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Code, they may want to send one or two of their "associates" off to do some retraining...
https://zkillboard.com/character/92655600/page/1/ |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1034
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 09:22:00 -
[78] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:So by mining AFK in a 20 man isboxer fleet, is the code being followed simply because the ships are tanked? You might want to reread the code.
Don't quote the CODE to me, you will fail every single time.
A 20 man isboxer fleet falls under the category of "Excessive Mining" - and is also a super fan target!
Lucas Kell wrote: OK, let's see a list of the 1100 people alongside exactly what they did and what they are doing now following being ganked by you.
Look my zkill and talk to them, if you like. Stop being obtuse. My point was that the type of player who actually screams, rages, throws a fit and quits the game over taking a PVP loss in pretty rare in my book, and I have only actually seen it happen a few times. You're being difficult on purpose, and it makes any type of rational conversation with you quite difficult. You also seem to keep making this claim that we somehow target players based on age, or somehow go after "new" players - and you could not be more wrong if you tried. However, you'd need to actually look at a few hundred killmails and stop being, well, obtuse :P
You are relying on third hand information that has no basis in reality, and when someone like me takes the time, in a very polite way, to attempt to show you that you might be wrong, you become very difficult to have a conversation with and super defensive. Again, this makes any form of actual conversation pretty much pointless. You have already made up your mind, and it seems to be (I'm going to paraphrase here)
GRRR CODE THEY SHOOT NEW PLAYERS AND MAKE THEM QUIT EVE DON'T GET A PERMIT THEY WILL SHOOT YOU ANYWAY
Am I close?
Lucas Kell wrote: LOL. I have zero risk of code ever doing anything to even remotely affect me.
Umm, yeah. Then why would you need a permit? You changed subjects mid conversation, which again makes having any type of rational conversation with you very tricky. You do remember that is what you were replying to there, right?
Lucas Kell wrote: 60 whole orcas? You are my hero, honest.
And once more, you are being obtuse and it's very annoying. Do you remember when you said how amazing it would be if the New Order went after bigger targets, like multiboxing Orca fleets, and took down some of those space whales?
Here, let me help you.
Lucas Kell wrote: If you wanted to actually make a change, you'd start working in bigger groups and target the haulers and orcas of multibox and bot miners
It was quite obvious you had no idea we did that on a pretty regular basis, and I (very politely, I might add!) informed you of evidence that might help show you that your idea has already been implemented. There's no need to get all snarky and rude about it. I'm sorry if the 60 I have managed is not amazing enough for you, but be fair to me - Lucas has never killed one. Hardly makes you seem very rational when you give me a hard time for only managing 60 :-)
|

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1034
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 09:26:00 -
[79] - Quote
lol!
We are a very open to all sort of alliance - and the corp you are looking at there, "New Order Logistics" has some rather fine players in it. It also has some who still have a lot to learn. They serve as a sort of "feeder corp" for other groups to pull from. Pretty common stuff :)
And come on, what fun is an alliance without a few special snowflakes :) |

Elinarien
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
31
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 09:30:00 -
[80] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:lol! We are a very open to all sort of alliance - and the corp you are looking at there, "New Order Logistics" has some rather fine players in it. It also has some who still have a lot to learn. They serve as a sort of "feeder corp" for other groups to pull from. Pretty common stuff :) And come on, what fun is an alliance without a few special snowflakes :)
Indeed!!! though his results may be lacking you cannot criticise him for trying!! |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4202
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 10:30:00 -
[81] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Don't quote the CODE to me, you will fail every single time.
A 20 man isboxer fleet falls under the category of "Excessive Mining" - and is also a super fan target! Exactly, so when you said: "By mining with a tanked ship - you are following the CODE." you were wrong, since a tanked ship is not following the code if AFK or part of an excessive fleet.
So no, I didn't fail at it, not even remotely. Perhaps you failed to read the part of the post you were responding to where it stated that mining should be done AFK in a tanked ship.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Look my zkill and talk to them, if you like. Stop being obtuse. My point was that the type of player who actually screams, rages, throws a fit and quits the game over taking a PVP loss in pretty rare in my book, and I have only actually seen it happen a few times. You're being difficult on purpose, and it makes any type of rational conversation with you quite difficult. You also seem to keep making this claim that we somehow target players based on age, or somehow go after "new" players - and you could not be more wrong if you tried. However, you'd need to actually look at a few hundred killmails and stop being, well, obtuse :P No thanks. And I'm not being obtuse. At no point did I say the players scream and rage over it at all. All I stated is that the mining that doesn't work is solo mining in crappy ships, tanked ships have a lower yield, and a mass of AFK tanked ships is victorious. So some people looking for a way to mine and make their free battleships will see that the best solution is to sit multiple tanked ships AFK for long periods of time. Those who decide to instead follow the code will mine less and less efficiently. Therefore the result of you enforcing the code is that there are more AFK miners, more bots, more multiboxers and less competition from code compliant miners. If you wanted to stop botters you would target botters.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:You are relying on third hand information that has no basis in reality, and when someone like me takes the time, in a very polite way, to attempt to show you that you might be wrong, you become very difficult to have a conversation with and super defensive. Again, this makes any form of actual conversation pretty much pointless. You have already made up your mind, and it seems to be (I'm going to paraphrase here)
GRRR CODE THEY SHOOT NEW PLAYERS AND MAKE THEM QUIT EVE DON'T GET A PERMIT THEY WILL SHOOT YOU ANYWAY
Am I close? Not even remotely. I don't think you make people quit EVE and I don't GRR you at all. You, your code and your permits are irrelevant. The OP is asking if there's a point in buying one, and the answer is no.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Umm, yeah. Then why would you need a permit? You changed subjects mid conversation, which again makes having any type of rational conversation with you very tricky. You do remember that is what you were replying to there, right?[/quit]Exactly, why would I need a permit? Even when I get my mining fleet out in highsec and AFK mine to hell while playing GTA, you are still irrelevant. So people do not require permits to mine safely.
[quote=DJentropy Ovaert]And once more, you are being obtuse and it's very annoying. Do you remember when you said how amazing it would be if the New Order went after bigger targets, like multiboxing Orca fleets, and took down some of those space whales?
Here, let me help you.
It was quite obvious you had no idea we did that on a pretty regular basis, and I (very politely, I might add!) informed you of evidence that might help show you that your idea has already been implemented. There's no need to get all snarky and rude about it. I'm sorry if the 60 I have managed is not amazing enough for you, but be fair to me - Lucas has never killed one. Hardly makes you seem very rational when you give me a hard time for only managing 60 :-) I am well aware that you attempt to gank a few, but they are hardly your prime targets and the amount you kill is inconsequential. Considering you've supposedly got trillions of isk in donations to the code, I'd expect to see more of an effort if your true goal was to get rid of botters and multiboxers.
And as for me killing them, I've been in fleet ganking orcas many times in the ice interdictions, but that's beside the point, since I'm not the one screeching about how my entire goal in EVE is to rid the universe of bot aspirant behaviour. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Sequester Risalo
Significant Others
6
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 10:45:00 -
[82] - Quote
Steppa Musana wrote:Either mine AFK with a tanked ship, mine AFK with a cheap easily replaceable ship, or mine ATK in more hostile space where the rewards are increased and thus match your vigilance.
Except for mining in hostile space not being more rewarding than mining in highsec. Veldspar and scordite are the most profitable ores to mine. Regardless of what the tooltips say A B C ores don't make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:By mining in a ship you can replace easily - you are following the CODE.
By mining with a tanked ship - you are following the CODE.
By moving to more hostile space - you are following the CODE.
This is untrue as well. You are fulfilling certain aspects of the so called code when behaving as described. However you are not fully compliant with the so calles code. Nobody can ever claim to be fully compliant with the so called code as it is one of the more vague documents I ever read. For example it's completely unclear what constitutes "bot aspirant behavior". Every permit may be revoked at any time with the accusation of bot aspirancy. Furthermore the author of the so called code admits the following:
"Since the Code is a living, breathing document, it's not possible to fully enumerate all of the rules. But here are some examples of the rules, to help everyone get a sense of its spirit" (http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html)
So even if you somehow manage to follow the escessive ruleset called code to the dots they might still "rightfully" blow up you ship as they can claim that you happened to violate a rule they didn't bother to publish.
As has been said by a lot of others don't bother with these so called agents. Be vigilant and fly a tanked ship. Mining AFK and autopiloting will make you a target regardless of the code.
|

Vals Loeder
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
2
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 10:59:00 -
[83] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:Vals Loeder wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:And lol, you don;t kill bots, not even remotely. You kill untanked random nubs. Arguably the people you kill have the LEAST bot aspirant behaviour, since anyone mining with bots or isboxer will be mining in tanked ships with a dedicated hauler since it's far more efficient. Killing a guy sitting around in a single retriever solo, that's not stopping bots. What that's saying is "if you aren't a bot and you aren't multiboxing skiffs and procurers while half-afk, we'll gank you". Congratulations. You support botters. This new solo Retriever is mere days away from becoming an isboxer afk miner. If he is code compliant he will not be ganked and will not become an isboxer bot. The younger the bot aspirant is the more chance he has to be saved and become a pro fun per hour Eve player. lol, that's not how it works. You don't gank them and they suddenly go "ooh, I am sav4ed! I will immediately start playing with due care and attention!". They go "well that didn't work for me, what works for others? Plexing 50 accounts though isboxer? OK let's go!". The best you can hope for from the majority is that they do exactly the same thing again but in a procurer.
You missed the word "chance" in my post. Try again.
|

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4205
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 11:19:00 -
[84] - Quote
Vals Loeder wrote:You missed the word "chance" in my post. Try again. I didn't miss it, I just equated it with the chance I have of surviving being decapitated with a rusty shovel. Ganking people is a pretty good way of making people more risk averse, not making them suddenly skip off into the sunset in search of fun. I believe that you believe what you are doing, it's just not the right way to get the results you claim to want. This is pretty much the way your strategy works. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 11:23:00 -
[85] - Quote
Leto Thule wrote:Please, enlighten us.
For "Enlightenment" please ask the "Saviour of Highsec", thats not my business.
btw:
who is this "us" you write of?
You and your "oppinion / Relevance booster corps"?
Forum Main |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4205
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 11:30:00 -
[86] - Quote
La Rynx wrote:Leto Thule wrote:Please, enlighten us.
For "Enlightenment" please ask the "Saviour of Highsec", thats not my business. btw: who is this "us" you write of? You and your "oppinion / Relevance booster corps"? again "this" Whatever you are smoking, cut back. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 11:33:00 -
[87] - Quote
OK, i will cut back my troll-posts.
Forum Main |

Black Pedro
Yammerschooner
30
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 11:35:00 -
[88] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:No thanks. And I'm not being obtuse. At no point did I say the players scream and rage over it at all. All I stated is that the mining that doesn't work is solo mining in crappy ships, tanked ships have a lower yield, and a mass of AFK tanked ships is victorious. So some people looking for a way to mine and make their free battleships will see that the best solution is to sit multiple tanked ships AFK for long periods of time. Those who decide to instead follow the code will mine less and less efficiently. Therefore the result of you enforcing the code is that there are more AFK miners, more bots, more multiboxers and less competition from code compliant miners. If you wanted to stop botters you would target botters.
You kinda are being obtuse. Look, what both of us share in common is our desire to use our understanding of game mechanics to impose our will on New Eden. In your case, you multibox tanked mining fleets to gather resources for your own purposes. We use our understanding of mechanics to explode untanked, AFK and outright botting miners for our entertainment. Your way to play just feeds your obsession to watch your wallet balance grow ever bigger, while ours makes the game more engaging, provides the necessary risk to make the game work as designed, and most importantly, results in an enjoyable, or at least memorable, experience for all involved.
You may disagree with our methods and goals, but thankfully, that doesn't matter because sandbox. The Code has value - it drives conflict, engagement with the game and its mechanics, and is the very essence of emergent game play. The permit also has value - it is a public display that you recognize this and in addition buys some goodwill from your fellow players (who also happen to be the most likely to gank you). So sure OP, the permit is not a legally enforceable document that guarantees you 100% safety, but if you have one and respect the rest of the Code, you will have a much safer, and more fun, experience mining in highsec. If you decide to not to get a permit, but still respect the Code you will have more thrilling time mining in highsec, constantly looking over your shoulder for a possible incoming New Order gank. And finally, if you decide not to respect the Code you will end up exploded eventually with or without a permit. We are good with all these options, hence why the Code always wins.
So OP, please pay little attention to the self-absorbed and overwrought ramblings of the likes of Lucas Kell and La Rynx, and make up your own mine whether a permit is worth it.
|

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
38
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 14:20:00 -
[89] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:So OP, please pay little attention to the self-absorbed and overwrought ramblings of the likes of Lucas Kell and La Rynx, and make up your own mine whether a permit is worth it.
More specific: The Question is "Does code honor their permits". Which has been answered with "No, they do not".
not "wether a permit is worth it". which it is not anyway.
For the OP: PRO Permit posts are written by codies and alts of codies. So a code associated one says: "dont listen to others what code does, trust the codies..." Save the money and use it to tank up. Forum Main |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4211
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 14:54:00 -
[90] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:You kinda are being obtuse. Look, what both of us share in common is our desire to use our understanding of game mechanics to impose our will on New Eden. In your case, you multibox tanked mining fleets to gather resources for your own purposes. We use our understanding of mechanics to explode untanked, AFK and outright botting miners for our entertainment. Your way to play just feeds your obsession to watch your wallet balance grow ever bigger, while ours makes the game more engaging, provides the necessary risk to make the game work as designed, and most importantly, results in an enjoyable, or at least memorable, experience for all involved. Actually, I mainly do it because I know it makes people mega sad. The isk made from it is an insignificant fraction of income.
And no, yours punishes people who are just tying to play the game normally. What you do has no negative impact and in fact some positive impacts for the proper isboxer miners (the guys who do it all the time for actual income) as you are eliminating their competition. Even if you did swoop along and destroy their procurers, they'd be back out and have replaced the loss in an hour, but you don;t try that anyway. The solo guy who's just actively mined and saved and hauled to buy his first hulk, that's who you gank.
Black Pedro wrote:You may disagree with our methods and goals, but thankfully, that doesn't matter because sandbox. The Code has value - it drives conflict, engagement with the game and its mechanics, and is the very essence of emergent game play. The permit also has value - it is a public display that you recognize this and in addition buys some goodwill from your fellow players (who also happen to be the most likely to gank you). So sure OP, the permit is not a legally enforceable document that guarantees you 100% safety, but if you have one and respect the rest of the Code, you will have a much safer, and more fun, experience mining in highsec. If you decide to not to get a permit, but still respect the Code you will have more thrilling time mining in highsec, constantly looking over your shoulder for a possible incoming New Order gank. And finally, if you decide not to respect the Code you will end up exploded eventually with or without a permit. We are good with all these options, hence why the Code always wins. I don't disagree with your goals as such (I don't particularly agree with them either), but clearly your methods contradict those. Punishing people who aren't massive isboxer miners isn't exactly the best way of encouraging active mining.
And no, the code clearly doesn't always win, hence the continued increase in the use of isboxer.
Black Pedro wrote:So OP, please pay little attention to the self-absorbed and overwrought ramblings of the likes of Lucas Kell and La Rynx, and make up your own mine whether a permit is worth it. AS for this, being the only relevant part to the OP, it's already been pointed out in no uncertain terms that the only way for a permit to be valid is for the player to be ungankable anyway, in which case a permit is irrelevant. Whether or not you like my "ramblings" will not change that very simple fact. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Leto Thule
Fleet-Jump Surely You're Joking
1287
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 15:49:00 -
[91] - Quote
Black Pedro wrote:So OP, please pay little attention to the self-absorbed and overwrought ramblings of the likes of Lucas Kell and La Rynx,
Please do not place a corollary between the high quality trollings of Lucas Kell and the malposting shytworks of La Rynx. Killboard
https://zkillboard.com/character/90841161/
Ripard Teg sucks. |

Guybertini
New Order Logistics CODE.
0
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 19:21:00 -
[92] - Quote
Ah, I see I have been called upon to defend my honor 
Elinarien, if you perforn a detailed forensic analysis of the killboard details, you'll see most of those losses are Velators. I tend to enforce the Code solo most of the time, meaning I need to 'pull' Concord in my patrol systems everytime I log in. I will leave it up to you, using your understanding of eve mechanics, to figure out why my killboard shows so many free rookie ships ships are blown up by Concord.
As for last night, well lets just say aliens kidnapped me & made me do silly things. . Stuff happens, but the fun thing about this game is we can always learn how to be better & have 'stuff' happen less often.
I hope that helps clarify. Fly safe. o/ |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
380
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 19:41:00 -
[93] - Quote
Guybertini wrote:Ah, I see I have been called upon to defend my honor  Elinarien, if you perforn a detailed forensic analysis of the killboard details, you'll see most of those losses are Velators. I tend to enforce the Code solo most of the time, meaning I need to 'pull' Concord in my patrol systems everytime I log in. I will leave it up to you, using your understanding of eve mechanics, to figure out why my killboard shows so many free rookie ships ships are blown up by Concord. As for last night, well lets just say aliens kidnapped me & made me do silly things.  . Stuff happens, but the fun thing about this game is we can always learn how to be better & have 'stuff' happen less often. I hope that helps clarify. Fly safe. o/
Your killboard looks fine to me. I don't see anything to be concerned about, just a New Order Agent going about his business. Keep up the good work! Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Paranoid Loyd
1779
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 19:50:00 -
[94] - Quote
Hmmm Looks a lot better than yours.  "PvE in EVE is a trap to turn you into PvP content, don't confuse it for actual gameplay." Lipbite |

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
1215
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 20:40:00 -
[95] - Quote
Sequester Risalo wrote:For example it's completely unclear what constitutes "bot aspirant behavior". Spoken like a true bot-aspirant. [witty image] - Stream |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
943
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 21:50:00 -
[96] - Quote
10m isk for a permit that just says "I tank my ship"? No thanks. I tank everything anyway, so I don't need to waste the 10 mil. As for responding in chat? Maby if I'm not talking in a private convo.... Honestly though most of the time I ignore agents just to see if they will gank me. They never do. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
381
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 22:16:00 -
[97] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:10m isk for a permit that just says "I tank my ship"? No thanks. I tank everything anyway, so I don't need to waste the 10 mil. As for responding in chat? Maby if I'm not talking in a private convo.... Honestly though most of the time I ignore agents just to see if they will gank me. They never do.
The 10 mill permit is required to mine anywhere in High Sec. Without it in your bio the Agents in the area have no obligation to attempt to convo you or provide you warning in local of their presence. If you are tanking your ship, then they may focus their attention on other miners in the area. That being said, myself and the other agents I like to fly with typically hit the most heavily tanked targets we, just because. We are certainly not alone in this regard.
I hope this clears up your obvious confusion on the nature of the permit. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1148
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 22:19:00 -
[98] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:
The 10 mill permit is required to mine anywhere in High Sec. Without it in your bio the Agents in the area have no obligation to attempt to convo you or provide you warning in local of their presence. If you are tanking your ship, then they may focus their attention on other miners in the area. That being said, myself and the other agents I like to fly with typically hit the most heavily tanked targets we, just because. We are certainly not alone in this regard.
I hope this clears up your obvious confusion on the nature of the permit.
I know I do. Considering all my and my fleets ships are paid for by shareholders, I make a effort of taking down the most brick tanker miner my current DPS allows. Anything else would be a injustice to the shareholder, after all - they paid for it!
|

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
943
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 22:26:00 -
[99] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:
The 10 mill permit is required to mine anywhere in High Sec. Without it in your bio the Agents in the area have no obligation to attempt to convo you or provide you warning in local of their presence. If you are tanking your ship, then they may focus their attention on other miners in the area. That being said, myself and the other agents I like to fly with typically hit the most heavily tanked targets we, just because. We are certainly not alone in this regard.
I hope this clears up your obvious confusion on the nature of the permit.
I know I do. Considering all my and my fleets ships are paid for by shareholders, I make a effort of taking down the most brick tanker miner my current DPS allows. Anything else would be a injustice to the shareholder, after all - they paid for it! Still a waste of 10mill. Haven't been hassled yet why pay when I'm getting it for free? As per expectation, CODE doesn't show up. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
382
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 22:36:00 -
[100] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:
The 10 mill permit is required to mine anywhere in High Sec. Without it in your bio the Agents in the area have no obligation to attempt to convo you or provide you warning in local of their presence. If you are tanking your ship, then they may focus their attention on other miners in the area. That being said, myself and the other agents I like to fly with typically hit the most heavily tanked targets we, just because. We are certainly not alone in this regard.
I hope this clears up your obvious confusion on the nature of the permit.
I know I do. Considering all my and my fleets ships are paid for by shareholders, I make a effort of taking down the most brick tanker miner my current DPS allows. Anything else would be a injustice to the shareholder, after all - they paid for it! Still a waste of 10mill. Haven't been hassled yet why pay when I'm getting it for free? As per expectation, CODE doesn't show up.
We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
943
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 22:39:00 -
[101] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote:DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:
The 10 mill permit is required to mine anywhere in High Sec. Without it in your bio the Agents in the area have no obligation to attempt to convo you or provide you warning in local of their presence. If you are tanking your ship, then they may focus their attention on other miners in the area. That being said, myself and the other agents I like to fly with typically hit the most heavily tanked targets we, just because. We are certainly not alone in this regard.
I hope this clears up your obvious confusion on the nature of the permit.
I know I do. Considering all my and my fleets ships are paid for by shareholders, I make a effort of taking down the most brick tanker miner my current DPS allows. Anything else would be a injustice to the shareholder, after all - they paid for it! Still a waste of 10mill. Haven't been hassled yet why pay when I'm getting it for free? As per expectation, CODE doesn't show up. We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. Riiiiight, you keep reaching vastly. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4222
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 22:58:00 -
[102] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Solecist Project
9872
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:11:00 -
[103] - Quote
Interesting.
Ms. Claudia Osyn here.
Reminds me....
Hail Claudia! ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
382
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:13:00 -
[104] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners.
I do actually. Skiffs more so, as they are more common in the area we patrol. You won't see any on my personal killboard as I'm usually the one providing a warpin. You can see a few of the ones we've off'd on the Maniacal Laughter killboard. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
943
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:32:00 -
[105] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. So that's why they won't attack me. They have procurer-phobia....
Irrational fears aside, CODE's impotent posturing is quite amusing. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
943
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:33:00 -
[106] - Quote
Solecist Project wrote:Interesting.
Ms. Claudia Osyn here.
Reminds me....
Hail Claudia! o/ The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
382
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:37:00 -
[107] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. So that's why they won't attack me. They have procurer-phobia.... Irrational fears aside, CODE's impotent posturing is quite amusing.
Code's killboard. Check it out sometime. It is far from impotent. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Solecist Project
9874
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:38:00 -
[108] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:Solecist Project wrote:Interesting.
Ms. Claudia Osyn here.
Reminds me....
Hail Claudia! o/ Haven't seen your portrait in a while. I like this one more than the others.
Your face is nice to look at, from up close!
~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
944
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:56:00 -
[109] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. So that's why they won't attack me. They have procurer-phobia.... Irrational fears aside, CODE's impotent posturing is quite amusing. Code's killboard. Check it out sometime. It is far from impotent. You could down every pilot in the game 10 times consecutively and I still wouldn't be impressed by your "noble" cause. That's all you have and it's impotent, ineffective and pointless. Lots of groups can claim a pretty killboard, but how many of your kills could fight back? Why do CODE ships dock up when there's combat vessels in system? Because CODE can't fight. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
944
|
Posted - 2014.09.09 23:58:00 -
[110] - Quote
Solecist Project wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote:Solecist Project wrote:Interesting.
Ms. Claudia Osyn here.
Reminds me....
Hail Claudia! o/ Haven't seen your portrait in a while. I like this one more than the others. Your face is nice to look at, from up close! You're to kind, Sol.  The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
382
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 00:05:00 -
[111] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. So that's why they won't attack me. They have procurer-phobia.... Irrational fears aside, CODE's impotent posturing is quite amusing. Code's killboard. Check it out sometime. It is far from impotent. You could down every pilot in the game 10 times consecutively and I still wouldn't be impressed by your "noble" cause. That's all you have and it's impotent, ineffective and pointless. Lots of groups can claim a pretty killboard, but how many of your kills could fight back? Why do CODE ships dock up when there's combat vessels in system? Because CODE can't fight.
Ah this again. Code can't fight. This misconception is very common and forgivable. Saying that dedicated gank alts don't fight targets prepared to fight back is no different than complaining that freighter pilots have poor killboards and can't fight. Code can, and does fight targets with combat capabilities, however is it not our focus. Your hatred of Code is amusing, but your argument is lacking substance. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
1220
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:01:00 -
[112] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. Actually a shift towards tankier mining vessels brings miners closer to code compliance, making it another in the unbroken line of CODE victories.
Claudia Osyn wrote:how many of your kills could fight back Putting aside for a moment whether or not CODE agents can or cannot engage in honorable ebushido spacewarfare, this objections makes me wonder if you understand exactly what activity it is that CODE agents regulate. [witty image] - Stream |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
944
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:08:00 -
[113] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote: Ah this again. Code can't fight. This misconception is very common and forgivable. Saying that dedicated gank alts don't fight targets prepared to fight back is no different than complaining that freighter pilots have poor killboards and can't fight. Code can, and does fight targets with combat capabilities, however is it not our focus. Your hatred of Code is amusing, but your argument is lacking substance.
Oh, I don't hate CODE. I find your way of going about your business very, um, flamboyant, to say the least. Every article and thread I have read about you guys has you stylized as "Champions of highsec" and other such nonsense, when all you are is a group of common gankers with better then average organization skills running a protection racket that doesn't protect anything other then your wallets. Paying you clowns is the most pointless waste of isk I have yet to encounter:
I'll still have to tank my ship to protect myself from you ( no fitting mining upgrades, those slots are needed for extra tank ) and other gankers ( that permit doesn't protect me from them, and neither do you )
if I'm in the middle of a private convoy or happen to miss your comment in local? Ganked.
If you think I'm mining to much? Ganked.
If you don't like the colour of my ship? Ganked.
That permit is dependent wholly upon how much I trust you to keep your word and I don't trust you to do that at all. Gank all you want, I don't care. I find it more amusing then anything that you think you're the new "law of highsec".
Also, if CODE could fight, why bail out of the Alliance Tournament? Did they ban your cats? The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
944
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:10:00 -
[114] - Quote
Crumplecorn wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. Actually a shift towards tankier mining vessels brings miners closer to code compliance, making it another in the unbroken line of CODE victories. Claudia Osyn wrote:how many of your kills could fight back Putting aside for a moment whether or not CODE agents can or cannot engage in honorable ebushido spacewarfare, this objections makes me wonder if you understand exactly what activity it is that CODE agents regulate. Understand it, yes. Give it the respect they feel it deserves, no. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

John E Normus
New Order Logistics CODE.
198
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:45:00 -
[115] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:I'll still have to tank my ship to protect myself from you ( no fitting mining upgrades, those slots are needed for extra tank ) and other gankers ( that permit doesn't protect me from them, and neither do you )
if I'm in the middle of a private convoy or happen to miss your comment in local? Ganked.
If you think I'm mining to much? Ganked.
If you don't like the colour of my ship? Ganked.
That permit is dependent wholly upon how much I trust you to keep your word and I don't trust you to do that at all. Gank all you want, I don't care. I find it more amusing then anything that you think you're the new "law of highsec".
I think you have just shown us the proper level of respect.
gf
Between Ignorance and Wisdom |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1156
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:46:00 -
[116] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners.
Lucas, i'm trying to be nice but bro - you really really need to start using zkill before you make more assumptions.
I target procs all the time, killed plenty of them too. In fact, lately - they are one of my primary targets. |

John E Normus
New Order Logistics CODE.
198
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:47:00 -
[117] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners.
LOL
Between Ignorance and Wisdom |

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite CODE.
1156
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 02:54:00 -
[118] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote: You could down every pilot in the game 10 times consecutively and I still wouldn't be impressed by your "noble" cause. That's all you have and it's impotent, ineffective and pointless. Lots of groups can claim a pretty killboard, but how many of your kills could fight back? Why do CODE ships dock up when there's combat vessels in system? Because CODE can't fight.
Oh, this again.
I think I can help.
Here's a little sample from last night - http://puu.sh/bsS1r/768fe0ea99.jpg
You'll notice every single kill is a "combat vessel" as you put it. Every single one.
Moving on - you sound like you are still buying into the myth that mining ships are somehow "defenseless" and cannot "fight back" - which is just silly. The only thing they lack is use of the turret/launcher based weapon platforms, leaving them with a LOT of room to do some pretty amazing things. The real issue - you have to be at the keyboard to actually do any of those amazing things, and they don't well when you insist on playing EVE online like a single player anti-social mining simulation - they work better then larger the size of the group gets.
I understand you may not be a fan of the New Order, but please - repeating tired urban legends and ignoring evidence that clearly shows you are misinformed does nothing to add to this conversation. |

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
1234
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 03:58:00 -
[119] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote: Also, if CODE could fight, why bail out of the Alliance Tournament? Did they ban your cats?
We can't forget the AT... LOL |

Solecist Project
9884
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 06:59:00 -
[120] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:You're to kind, Sol.  Maybe ... ... but it's still true!
So soft and nice ! :D <3
~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

NotTheSmartestCookie
New Order Logistics CODE.
57
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 07:08:00 -
[121] - Quote
IIshira wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote: Also, if CODE could fight, why bail out of the Alliance Tournament? Did they ban your cats?
We can't forget the AT... LOL
CCP banning mining barges and exhumers from parts of EVE - even if only the AT - is an important step towards achieving our long term goals. |

Solecist Project
9884
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 07:10:00 -
[122] - Quote
NotTheSmartestCookie wrote:IIshira wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote: Also, if CODE could fight, why bail out of the Alliance Tournament? Did they ban your cats?
We can't forget the AT... LOL CCP banning mining barges and exhumers from parts of EVE - even if only the AT - is an important step towards achieving our long term goals. I have a serious problem.
I woke up like 15min ago.
I have no coffee.
I read your name as NotTheSmartest ... and the male equivalent of a chicken.
Someone please help me.  ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4223
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 07:56:00 -
[123] - Quote
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. Lucas, i'm trying to be nice but bro - you really really need to start using zkill before you make more assumptions. I target procs all the time, killed plenty of them too. In fact, lately - they are one of my primary targets. So I can see! In the past month, you've killed 2 whole procurers, you beast you. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Claudia Osyn
Mythic Security Service
945
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 08:06:00 -
[124] - Quote
John E Normus wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote:I'll still have to tank my ship to protect myself from you ( no fitting mining upgrades, those slots are needed for extra tank ) and other gankers ( that permit doesn't protect me from them, and neither do you )
if I'm in the middle of a private convoy or happen to miss your comment in local? Ganked.
If you think I'm mining to much? Ganked.
If you don't like the colour of my ship? Ganked.
That permit is dependent wholly upon how much I trust you to keep your word and I don't trust you to do that at all. Gank all you want, I don't care. I find it more amusing then anything that you think you're the new "law of highsec". I think you have just shown us the proper level of respect. gf Well, I was taught to be nice to the special needs kids. You rascal glue eaters get the best of me every time.
Really though. If you're reading any respect in my posts, you need your eyes checked. The lack of money is the root of all evil. |

Luwc
Brodozers Inc.
218
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 08:21:00 -
[125] - Quote
does your mom honor my ***** ? http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif |

Solecist Project
9886
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 12:36:00 -
[126] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. Lucas, i'm trying to be nice but bro - you really really need to start using zkill before you make more assumptions. I target procs all the time, killed plenty of them too. In fact, lately - they are one of my primary targets. So I can see! In the past month, you've killed 2 whole procurers, you beast you. And an Orca. And a Mack or two. And a Hulk.
That's what we killed when I was flying with him. No idea wtf you are talking about. ~ Signatures are too small for the huge amount of crap I can throw at you ~ ~ In case of emergency, blame a random person. He *will* get arrested! ~ I AM FORCING LITERALLY FORCING YOU YOU TO REREAD THIS! GÖí GÖÑ THE CODE ALWAYS WINS-áGÖÑ GÖí |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4223
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 12:43:00 -
[127] - Quote
Solecist Project wrote:And an Orca. And a Mack or two. And a Hulk.
That's what we killed when I was flying with him. No idea wtf you are talking about. Which I wasn't looking at. Try reading the thread. He claimed to be primarily targeting procurers, yet out of the 50 or so T12 barges in the last month, 2 were procurers, with the vast vast majority being retrievers.
So if you have no idea, it's your issue. Educate yourself. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Leto Thule
Fleet-Jump Surely You're Joking
1298
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 13:21:00 -
[128] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:Solecist Project wrote:And an Orca. And a Mack or two. And a Hulk.
That's what we killed when I was flying with him. No idea wtf you are talking about. Which I wasn't looking at. Try reading the thread. He claimed to be primarily targeting procurers, yet out of the 50 or so T12 barges in the last month, 2 were procurers, with the vast vast majority being retrievers. So if you have no idea, it's your issue. Educate yourself.
Solecist Project loading both barrels...... Killboard
https://zkillboard.com/character/90841161/
Ripard Teg sucks. |

Thomas Mayaki
The Whisky Galore Corporation
23
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 14:15:00 -
[129] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:DJentropy Ovaert wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:We can't be everywhere at once, granted. But our numbers are growing, and our reach is vast. And yet you still won't be targeting procurers. Victory for the miners. Lucas, i'm trying to be nice but bro - you really really need to start using zkill before you make more assumptions. I target procs all the time, killed plenty of them too. In fact, lately - they are one of my primary targets. So I can see! In the past month, you've killed 2 whole procurers, you beast you.
I can vouch for DJentropy targeting procurers 'all the time' however his success rate is less the 0.01%. I try to tell him but he keeps goings on about on the code will prevail? |

NotTheSmartestCookie
New Order Logistics CODE.
58
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 19:17:00 -
[130] - Quote
Solecist Project wrote:I have a serious problem. I woke up like 15min ago. I have no coffee. I read your name as NotTheSmartest ... and the male equivalent of a chicken. Someone please help me. 
NotTheSmartestRooster? |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
388
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 19:42:00 -
[131] - Quote
Claudia Osyn wrote:That permit is dependent wholly upon how much I trust you to keep your word and I don't trust you to do that at all.
Also, if CODE could fight, why bail out of the Alliance Tournament? Did they ban your cats?
I always keep my word. I also almost never lie. Almost.
As for the AT, I do believe that the opposing team did in fact ban both catalysts and talos'. Beyond that, most of us in Code who wanted to participate, were either not actually in the Code. alliance, or had not been in it long enough to qualify. I was unable to participate for that reason. I suspect many others were in the same situation. Beyond that, I'm not sure why Code. didn't show up. I wasn't online at all that weekend and didn't hear anything until after the fact. Would we have won the alliance tournament? I doubt it. Would we have fought hard and made our opponents work for a victory? You bet. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
388
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 19:44:00 -
[132] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:Solecist Project wrote:And an Orca. And a Mack or two. And a Hulk.
That's what we killed when I was flying with him. No idea wtf you are talking about. Which I wasn't looking at. Try reading the thread. He claimed to be primarily targeting procurers, yet out of the 50 or so T12 barges in the last month, 2 were procurers, with the vast vast majority being retrievers. So if you have no idea, it's your issue. Educate yourself.
So if no procurers or skiffs are around he should just dock up instead of killing the retrievers clogging the belts? I think not. Those may be primary targets, but if targets of opportunity come along, they will not be ignored. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Ketchup Advisory Board
1023
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 19:46:00 -
[133] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:Claudia Osyn wrote:That permit is dependent wholly upon how much I trust you to keep your word and I don't trust you to do that at all.
Also, if CODE could fight, why bail out of the Alliance Tournament? Did they ban your cats? I always keep my word. I also almost never lie. Almost. As for the AT, I do believe that the opposing team did in fact ban both catalysts and talos'. Beyond that, most of us in Code who wanted to participate, were either not actually in the Code. alliance, or had not been in it long enough to qualify. I was unable to participate for that reason. I suspect many others were in the same situation. Beyond that, I'm not sure why Code. didn't show up. I wasn't online at all that weekend and didn't hear anything until after the fact. Would we have won the alliance tournament? I doubt it. Would we have fought hard and made our opponents work for a victory? You bet. Pressing 'like' as hard as I can! New player resources: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page - General information http://www.evealtruist.com/p/know-your-enemy.html - Learn to PvP http://belligerentundesirables.com/ - Safaris, Awoxes, Ganking and Griefing-á |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
389
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 20:25:00 -
[134] - Quote
also Code. does not abandon it's other commitments in order to practice for the AT. *cough* *PL* *cough* (Don't get me wrong, I love PL, but really? Just tell the truth and say "we don't care if you keep your space or not, l8rz) Our agents are, as always, primarily concerned with enforcing the tenets of the Code than with practicing for the tournament. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Lugia3
Intentionally Dense Easily Excited
1266
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 20:40:00 -
[135] - Quote
Not all gankers follow the code.
 "CCP Dolan is full of ****." - CCP Bettik
Remove Sov! |

Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
7
|
Posted - 2014.09.10 23:49:00 -
[136] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Solecist Project wrote:And an Orca. And a Mack or two. And a Hulk.
That's what we killed when I was flying with him. No idea wtf you are talking about. Which I wasn't looking at. Try reading the thread. He claimed to be primarily targeting procurers, yet out of the 50 or so T12 barges in the last month, 2 were procurers, with the vast vast majority being retrievers. So if you have no idea, it's your issue. Educate yourself. So if no procurers or skiffs are around he should just dock up instead of killing the retrievers clogging the belts? I think not. Those may be primary targets, but if targets of opportunity come along, they will not be ignored. Am I reading this correctly? Are you claiming that skiffs or procs are primary targets? That. Is. Humor. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
390
|
Posted - 2014.09.11 00:02:00 -
[137] - Quote
Tyyler DURden wrote:Tengu Grib wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:Solecist Project wrote:And an Orca. And a Mack or two. And a Hulk.
That's what we killed when I was flying with him. No idea wtf you are talking about. Which I wasn't looking at. Try reading the thread. He claimed to be primarily targeting procurers, yet out of the 50 or so T12 barges in the last month, 2 were procurers, with the vast vast majority being retrievers. So if you have no idea, it's your issue. Educate yourself. So if no procurers or skiffs are around he should just dock up instead of killing the retrievers clogging the belts? I think not. Those may be primary targets, but if targets of opportunity come along, they will not be ignored. Am I reading this correctly? Are you claiming that skiffs or procs are primary targets? That. Is. Humor.
If I have enough of my guys around when we're doing a gank, we'll target a skiff or an orca yes. If we have fewer people, we'll go after macks, retrievers, whatever is around. Getting enough people for a skiff or orca isn't easy, hence why there are not that many going doing. But yes, I'd prefer to kill an illegal skiff than an illegal Mack. Though Hulks always win out, because no ship is as bot-aspirant in my opinion. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |

Subject 4927
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
123
|
Posted - 2014.09.11 01:34:00 -
[138] - Quote
No. http://subjectandfriends.wordpress.com |

VegasMirage
Reikoku Pandemic Legion
1562
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 11:59:00 -
[139] - Quote
ya know, there are mining barge fits that even the CODE haven't been able to kill
maybe it's time to think about Game Mechanics? no more games... it's real this time!!! |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4241
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 12:41:00 -
[140] - Quote
Tengu Grib wrote:So if no procurers or skiffs are around he should just dock up instead of killing the retrievers clogging the belts? I think not. Those may be primary targets, but if targets of opportunity come along, they will not be ignored. Lol. No skiff/prcos in highsec. You do make me chuckle.
The point still stands. If people fly a proc they have basically nothing to worry about from code. If you are tanked up there will always be some excuse for not killing you. Permits are irrelevant since they are only valid if you wouldn't be a target anyway.
VegasMirage wrote:ya know, there are mining barge fits that even the CODE haven't been able to kill
maybe it's time to think about Game Mechanics? There is no ungankable fit. Only fits which cost more to gank than the ships itself. In theory they could gank anything, but they wouldn't because they only go after soft targets.
You have to wonder if code are really just a group set up by mass mining botters to cull the competition from actively playing miners, since they target people who actively mine and avoid targeting people who mine in large groups. Amusingly the peons at the bottom of the chain would never know that's what they supported. The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Sister Bertrille
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
1
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 14:14:00 -
[141] - Quote
Permits are a total scam. Do not buy them. CODE will deny that but thats all part of the scam.
|

VegasMirage
Reikoku Pandemic Legion
1562
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 14:18:00 -
[142] - Quote
words no more games... it's real this time!!! |

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite CODE.
230
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 15:37:00 -
[143] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:The point still stands. If people fly a proc they have basically nothing to worry about from code. If you are tanked up there will always be some excuse for not killing you. Permits are irrelevant since they are only valid if you wouldn't be a target anyway. Well at least the mindset did change that you actually have to tank your ship and that Highsec isn't safe for your anti-tanked Hulk. We are clearly making progress, the miners who actually adopt start to use Procurers and Skiffs. They are a common sight now in Highsec ice fields.
And while it is true that we can't gank all the ships all the time everywhere yet, we get more and more people every day. It's only a matter of time until anti-Skiff fleets are a common thing and we will probably meet once again on the forums where the common carebear cries for CCP's help. the Code ALWAYS wins |

Sister Bertrille
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
1
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 16:07:00 -
[144] - Quote
And then the common griefer /exploiter/sand castle kicker will cry when CCP makes the changes.
  
|

Leto Thule
Fleet-Jump Surely You're Joking
1317
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 18:38:00 -
[145] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:
You have to wonder if code are really just a group set up by mass mining botters to cull the competition from actively playing miners, since they target people who actively mine and avoid targeting people who mine in large groups. Amusingly the peons at the bottom of the chain would never know that's what they supported.
Nah. If that were true there would be a no kill list with the names of their alts. Remember that THE code isn't the same thing as CODE. alliance. Killboard
https://zkillboard.com/character/90841161/
Ripard Teg sucks. |

Tengu Grib
Happy Fun times
396
|
Posted - 2014.09.12 18:44:00 -
[146] - Quote
Leto Thule wrote:Lucas Kell wrote:
You have to wonder if code are really just a group set up by mass mining botters to cull the competition from actively playing miners, since they target people who actively mine and avoid targeting people who mine in large groups. Amusingly the peons at the bottom of the chain would never know that's what they supported.
Nah. If that were true there would be a no kill list with the names of their alts. Remember that THE code isn't the same thing as CODE. alliance.
Confirming. I've never been told not to shoot someone. I have my own list of blues, but I don't expect anyone else in Code to follow it, and I've never been provided a list of people to not shoot. If that were happening Kell, you'd hear about it really fast. I myself would call it out as it would be in violation of the Code, I don't care who it is doing it. Tengu Grib> I read that as "Suddenly Noobships" and it made me want to hot drop someone with noobships. Buhhdust Princess> You have set us a challenge..We will try and do it!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeBnYi5bG0&feature=youtu.be |
|

ISD Supogo
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
294

|
Posted - 2014.09.13 01:03:00 -
[147] - Quote
Removed a rather offensive post.
Quote:4. Personal attacks are prohibited.
Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated. ISD Supogo Lieutenant Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department |
|

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite CODE.
238
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 00:49:00 -
[148] - Quote
griefers and exploiters usually get banned, because it is against the EULA. So they can't cry on the forums.I don't see how that is related to the topic. the Code ALWAYS wins |

Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists SpaceMonkey's Alliance
4266
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 01:20:00 -
[149] - Quote
Ima Wreckyou wrote:Well at least the mindset did change that you actually have to tank your ship and that Highsec isn't safe for your anti-tanked Hulk. We are clearly making progress, the miners who actually adopt start to use Procurers and Skiffs. They are a common sight now in Highsec ice fields.
And while it is true that we can't gank all the ships all the time everywhere yet, we get more and more people every day. It's only a matter of time until anti-Skiff fleets are a common thing and we will probably meet once again on the forums where the common carebear cries for CCP's help. I'd say the increase in the actual usability of the procs and skiffs and the increased reliance on isboxer were responsible for that. You really lose very little yield now with procs and skiffs.
And you have to ask yourself, what's the benefit? You are still ganking people who don't know to used tanked ships and people who are relying on flying solo and generally leaving alone mass miners and bots. You are performing a task which is directly opposed to what your stated goals are.
Leto Thule wrote:Nah. If that were true there would be a no kill list with the names of their alts. Remember that THE code isn't the same thing as CODE. alliance. Why would there be a list? If you were all running isboxer proc fleets you'd never worry about being ganked by code.
The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog. Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list. Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!
|

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite CODE.
240
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 09:52:00 -
[150] - Quote
Lucas Kell wrote:And you have to ask yourself, what's the benefit? You are still ganking people who don't know to used tanked ships and people who are relying on flying solo and generally leaving alone mass miners and bots. You are performing a task which is directly opposed to what your stated goals are. I report bots to CCP, there are also a lot of solo pilots who use bot programs in Highsec. Some of them even auto-dock when someone of CODE. enters the system. If I have the DPS to gank them I go to great lengths to kill them anyway because it is quite interesting what happens if you do that. I encountered some bots who after I killed and podded them undocked the pod again, I doubt it was also upgrading the clone. If I can't gank them (sorry I don't summon a fleet to gank one bot who will be banned anyway) and if they auto-dock I usually just AFK camp them after I am done with playing.
The multiboxing fleets are a different topic. I would say a multiboxer is a more active player than the normal Retriever or Mackinaw pilot. Also ganking is not the only weapon at our hands. I have great success shutting down multiple multiboxer fleets with one single 100MN Stabber.
I would say it's probably the solo Procurer and Skiff pilot who gets the least attention. Since they already made the choice of tank over cargohold (AFK) or yield (greed) they acknowledge that Highsec is a dangerous place and are therefore not really our primary concern. the Code ALWAYS wins |

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries VOID Intergalactic Forces
126
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 19:01:00 -
[151] - Quote
They do if you follow the code but the code.is so full of holes such as 1 rule.is your.not to mine everyday, if you do you invalidate your permit. I do honor my ganker permits as I shoot any and all gankers that dont have 1 "Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mine" -Dr. Smith |

Steppa Musana
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
72
|
Posted - 2014.09.14 23:42:00 -
[152] - Quote
Ima Wreckyou wrote:griefers and exploiters usually get banned, because it is against the EULA. So they can't cry on the forums.I don't see how that is related to the topic. If griefers got banned, your leader would have been banned well over a year ago.
Let's not split hairs, The New Order is primarily about griefing people for the purpose of creating amusing stories for a certain blogger to blog about. I know many CODE. members who are not like this, but that is the purpose of The New Order as it stands in 2014.
At least some of your members and past supporters are starting to leave and pull support. Seems the message is getting across. The question is: How long until you see it? |

Lady Areola Fappington
2227
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 08:25:00 -
[153] - Quote
Steppa Musana wrote: If griefers got banned, your leader would have been banned well over a year ago.
Let's not split hairs, The New Order is primarily about griefing people for the purpose of creating amusing stories for a certain blogger to blog about. I know many CODE. members who are not like this, but that is the purpose of The New Order as it stands in 2014.
I don't personally have a problem with a small grief or troll; a "gf" in local or a little chat asking about permits is perfectly fine. Using gameplay mechanics to annoy others is also perfectly fine in my books. Unfortunately when this get turned into egging the player on through questionable social conduct for the purpose of publicly humiliating the player on a popular blog page, it becomes unhealthy for the state of the game.
At least some of your members and past supporters are starting to see the light, leave and pull support. Seems the message is getting across. The question is: How long until you see it?
I agree only in that some people are taking things too far in CODE. You can get more than enough fun-time rage stories to blog about without unduly antagonizing people.
I'll continue to always back the core ideas of CODE, which is making highsec unsafe, punishing the unwary, and bringing content to the contentless ice and 'roid belts. I'm not going to back blatant harassment just to "milk" a mark of more tears and better stories. If the tears keep flowing, collect away for sure, but once they stop, move on to the next mark. It isn't really hard, but I think there are customers that you can lose in a good way and there's customers that you can lose in a bad way. If people come in and fundamentally don't like EVE Online, then I think that might be a good way of losing customers. . -á--CCP Soundwave |

Black Pedro
Yammerschooner
57
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 11:23:00 -
[154] - Quote
Steppa Musana wrote: Let's not split hairs, The New Order is primarily about griefing people for the purpose of creating amusing stories for a certain blogger to blog about. I know many CODE. members who are not like this, but that is the purpose of The New Order as it stands in 2014.
I don't personally have a problem with a small grief or troll; a "gf" in local or a little chat asking about permits is perfectly fine. Using gameplay mechanics to annoy others is also perfectly fine in my books. Unfortunately when this get turned into egging the player on through questionable social conduct for the purpose of publicly humiliating the player on a popular blog page, it becomes unhealthy for the state of the game.
At least some of your members and past supporters are starting to see the light, leave and pull support. Seems the message is getting across. The question is: How long until you see it?
I think you overestimate the amount "unhealthy egging on" that goes on by the New Order to get blog material. Of course some mild in-game trolling takes place - after all the New Order are the major villains (or heroes depending on your view of what kind of game Eve is) of highsec, but from my experience, players featured on the website often humiliate and embarrass themselves with their own reactions to being exploded in a game about exploding spaceships.
Let's summarize what's on the main page of minerbumping.com right now:
1) Kills of the Week - factual and pretty tame with the only tears being in the public bio of a freighter gank victim (no private communications at all) 2) Over Four Hundred Eleven Billion in Shares Sold - just business 3) See You in 315 Station, Part 1 - probably the only one a significant humiliation factor. The crude and racist material in the embarrassing bio pre-existed the events though (not the New Order's fault), but it is a great example of how mild trolling gets a profane and homophobic reply right away from some people. 4) The Stream of Justice, Part 1&2 - An uplifting story where the gank victim responds positively to the New Order and together he and the agents have fun while exploring other aspects of the game than mining together. 5) Taxing Difficulty - A story about AWOXing a carebear corp. The only humiliating thing about this is the victim's unrepentant attitude towards his exploitation of new players. 6) Once You Go Code - A bizarre story where a player goes off on a self-humiliating rant against the New Order in response to a gank perpetrated by someone unrelated to the New Order. The communication was not initiated by the agent involved at all.
Certainly minerbumping.com shines a light on the bad behaviour of certain players, often bad behaviour in response to losing a pixel space ship to the New Order, but most of the time this comes spontaneously with very little "egging on". James 315 is also good about showing as much of the conversation that he can (that is still compatible with an entertaining post) so you can see for yourself how little it takes for some people to start embarassing themselves with their own bad behaviour. You also don't see the vast majority of gank victims that do not respond at all, or respond in good humour with a 'gf'-equivalent or a good-natured promise of revenge as these don't make the most entertaining minerbumping posts. |

Sister Bertrille
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
1
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 12:06:00 -
[155] - Quote
Oh please....you're trying to put lipstick on a pig (the pig meaning minerbumping.com) Why dont you spin it some more. Almost everything thats written in that blog is there to humiliate your victims and to humiliate new players and players that dont have the same play style as you.
|

Black Pedro
Yammerschooner
57
|
Posted - 2014.09.15 13:16:00 -
[156] - Quote
Sister Bertrille wrote:Oh please....you're trying to put lipstick on a pig (the pig meaning minerbumping.com) Why dont you spin it some more. Almost everything thats written in that blog is there to humiliate your victims and to humiliate new players and players that dont have the same play style as you.
I was not trying to spin it. I agree, the minerbumping.com website derives much entertainment value by highlighting how some players humiliate themselves by acting badly in a video game. It is more than that of course - the New Order is a banner for like-minded players to unite behind, players that understand the Eve is a competitive PvP game that can't have any "safe" areas (including highsec). In order for the game to function as designed, there has to be risk - risk for fitting a ship badly, playing badly (or not at all in the case of the botters/AFKers), or just being too greedy (choosing yield over protection) - otherwise everyone would just fit for maximum cargo/yield and AFK the economy into the ground while being bored or watching Netflix the whole time. So naturally we find ourselves in conflict with those that don't have the same "play style" as us, and they are the ones that end up providing us with the most minerbumping.com content.
I am not saying that some people can't take the roleplaying shtick too far and purposely look for an emotional response from their victims, but I am saying the vast majority of the self-humiliating content on minerbumping.com results from not much more than someone having their pixels blown up in a video game and then acting badly to a fellow player.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 :: [one page] |