| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Taipan Gedscho
|
Posted - 2006.08.04 12:55:00 -
[1]
I would like to ask some help... since my skills are a bit lacking to tank 4-dmg-type lvl4s i am looking for agents that will give me combat missions against npc groups that only deal 2 types.
afaik 4 dmg type npcs are ... angels.. and drones? drones arent a problem, anyway, at least i have never seen a drone mission that gives me trouble...
so.. could i go for instance to ... gallente navy ?
|

Emily Spankratchet
Minmatar Pragmatics
|
Posted - 2006.08.04 13:31:00 -
[2]
You will have better luck running missions for Amarr, Gallente or Caldari-aligned agents. This will pit you against rats that typically do either EM/Therm or Kin/Therm damage.
Amarr is probably not such as good idea, as you will get missions against Minmatar Navy.
As far as I can tell, you'll never be entirely free from missions involving drones or Angel rats.
|

Mike Yagon
Minmatar The Phoenix Legionaires
|
Posted - 2006.08.04 13:54:00 -
[3]
Angels are primarily Explosive and Kinetic, I very rarely have any problems taking the tiny EM or Thermal they sometimes do even without any hardeners. Then again, I don't get hit much either at 80km distance.
Sansha's are probably the easiest to kill, they do EM/Thermal, which is easily armor tanked, they are weak to EM/Thermal (Lasers) and generally slow. Guristas have a very annoying EW type, (Target jamming) I'd avoid them. I don't know much about the other rats, being a Minmatar mission runner I deal with Angels mostly, with some Amarr/Sansha occasionally.
You can get them in missions regularly working for Amarr, but if you don't particularly feel like working for Amarr you can always try either Ammatar or just go ratting in one of the Sansha 0.0s, like Catch for example.
------ In Carebear We Trust |

Taipan Gedscho
|
Posted - 2006.08.04 14:11:00 -
[4]
first of all, thanks for the quick replies.
i dont like working for the ammarr and their kind, since i think slavery is a bit of a nono. and the caldari agents all have a big stick up their rear end. just listen to them talking. makes me sick... :)
well, and i want to setup a little mission whoring base in highsec, where i can always go to when funds get low.
so, gallente will also give me angels, but much less? or this dependend on the region i am in?
|

Tripp Orsam
Dragonstar
|
Posted - 2006.08.04 18:47:00 -
[5]
I only work for gallente agents and I have to say that the ammount of mission I get with 4 damage types is very low, 10% or maybe even 5% of missions requires me to fit more than 2 types of hardners.
But you will find that with missions of 4 damage types that 1 of those types is only dealing out a small amount of damage and you can get away with not even fitting hardners for that type, look for the ships that do that type and kill them first.
----------------------------- EVE Online perfectly strikes all your free time wrecking your 1994 marriage. |

Eudyptes sclateri
|
Posted - 2006.08.07 17:25:00 -
[6]
Most of my Gallente missions involve Serpentis, which use thermal/kinetic. If you have a Gallente Assault ship or a HAC (which get some nice thermal/kinteic resists) the rats can't touch you.
I still get the occassional Angels mission though, which can be tougher.
|

Naran Darkmood
Gallente Darkmood Family Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.08.07 20:48:00 -
[7]
I'm running Gallente missions as well. Most of them is indeed only 2 damage type missions, but the 4 damage type mission haven't been a problem so far (ok, I never accepted WC or Angel extra, tzo be honest, but I never touched any tech2 item either) -----------------------------------------------
The following bonuses may be awarded to you: 27 units of Basic Expanded Cargohold at if you complete the mission |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |