| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:41:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:41:59 I'm sorry I dont pay 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts to be told "I'm sorry you # in line you have to wait!"(not the message but kinda close) That is BS!
I'm sure I'm not the only one, and if I ever get that message again I wont be paying 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts..
|

Nyssa Dakalsai
Cosmic Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:42:00 -
[2]
You mean, your gonna quit cos u have to queue to load in you FIVE accounts..
can i have your stuff?
|

Boonaki
Caldari Suffoco Noctis Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:42:00 -
[3]
I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW Fear the Ibis of doom!
113 |

Maylae Anaria
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:43:00 -
[4]
So all those other people who pay every month have to wait for you to go first then?
|

Jenny Spitfire
Caldari LoneStar Industries Veritas Immortalis
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:43:00 -
[5]
Remove the queue message? What you dont know, wont harm you.  --------- In the blindness, a streak fiery thread violently cuts the horizon. Bleeding golden mists, engulfing the blindness from within. Burning the darkness. The touch of dawn. |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:44:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
|

Burlock Ironfist
Celtic Anarchy Black Reign Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:44:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:41:59 I'm sure I'm not the only one, and if I ever get that message again I wont be paying 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts..
YAY - Crosses his fingers it comes up soon
BOOBIES! |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:45:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Nyssa Dakalsai You mean, your gonna quit cos u have to queue to load in you FIVE accounts..
can i have your stuff?
same as above.
|

Nyssa Dakalsai
Cosmic Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:46:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
He DOES need to play the game cos he understands that this aint even a problem, YOU on the other hand are a member of the legion of whiners which we DONT need.
|

Kuolematon
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:46:00 -
[10]
What?! I haven't played EVE for quite some time but there is queue now?!
*ouch* .. like logging on to Ravencrest at sunday nights 
Unnerf Amarr! "Just because you can utterly ruin another player's game doesn't mean that you must."
|

Caleb Paine
Infinite Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:46:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
He seems to be enjoying his gaming... why are you still here?
Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back. |

FireFoxx80
Caldari E X O D U S Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:49:00 -
[12]
I thought the queue implmentation was only in place whilst the server was starting up? To prevent 28k players all logging on immediately after downtime?
What I do the rest of the time. |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:49:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Nyssa Dakalsai
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
He DOES need to play the game cos he understands that this aint even a problem, YOU on the other hand are a member of the legion of whiners which we DONT need.
Wait and see the time you want to play and you get put in the queue for 1000 people.. Then come back!
|

Parat Tendri
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:49:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
So,... how long did it take your 5 accounts to be all logged in? 10 sec, 20 sec, maybe even 2 minutes? Gee, that must have been the longest wait of your life 
|

Tayhan
Caldari Alfa fleet
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:50:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Tayhan on 23/08/2006 10:51:13 Am I the only one who read the patch notes.
They say, "Although the client reports you as #1 in the queue, the login queuing system is deactivated and has no effect."
This sounds like a topic that can wait until this option is actually put into use... if ever.
And btw, I did play WoW and it is one of the reasons i quit, so I do understand why people are worried. :(
|

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:51:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:52:35 Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:51:34
Originally by: Parat Tendri
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
So,... how long did it take your 5 accounts to be all logged in? 10 sec, 20 sec, maybe even 2 minutes? Gee, that must have been the longest wait of your life 
I've never got it, but any game I every played with a "queue system" did't last as long as they should of.
NOTE: a corp m8 did get the queue message.
|

Izo Azlion
Veto.
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:51:00 -
[17]
It logs in really really fast....
Izo Azlion.
--- Veto.
|

nahtoh
Caldari Bull Industries
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:53:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
And you don't read the patch notes do you moron? ========= "I am not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why can`t we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem fix its self |

Deja Thoris
Contraband Inc. Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:53:00 -
[19]
Why is it the people that threaten to cancel subscriptions never have just one account?
Do you think having 26 adds more weight to your empty threat?
|

Flower
Gallente Trans World Engineering Research and Production
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:55:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Flower on 23/08/2006 10:56:42 Edited by: Flower on 23/08/2006 10:55:40 Now I know I have some cheese round here for that whine.
It's informational. Makes no bleedin' difference if you are 1000th in queue to login and it tells you that you are 1000th in line or you just sit there waiting to get into the station while you stare at your portrait (or in your case all 5 portraits).
In fact you are probably the reason there is a queue, for the love of Pete do you have to log in all your accounts at the same time. Give the rest of us a break.
Can I have your stuff?
|

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:55:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Deja Thoris Why is it the people that threaten to cancel subscriptions never have just one account?
Do you think having 26 adds more weight to your empty threat?
yea, and proven it does.
|

Timian Wu
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:57:00 -
[22]
The Queue is actually a huge improvemnt. Before this you always had to click... click... click when the server started up, untill it let you in (number of simult. logins have been limited for quite some time, as too many can take down the server).
So if you can't see how this is better, ESPECIALLY if you have 5 accounts to login... maybe you just aren't smart enough to be playing this game.
|

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:58:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Flower Edited by: Flower on 23/08/2006 10:56:42 Edited by: Flower on 23/08/2006 10:55:40 Now I know I have some cheese round here for that whine.
It's informational. Makes no bleedin' difference if you are 1000th in queue to login and it tells you that you are 1000th in line or you just sit there waiting to get into the station while you stare at your portrait (or in your case all 5 portraits).
In fact you are probably the reason there is a queue, for the love of Pete do you have to log in all your accounts at the same time. Give the rest of us a break.
Can I have your stuff?
I may have 5 accounts, but I never use them all at the same time, only when I need to do something. Each char with a different job different skills, and so on and so forth.
|

Nafri
Caldari Cataclysm Enterprises Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:58:00 -
[24]
well a queque would be surly bad for eve, but since it is not activated
From Dusk till Dawn
|

Tao Han
Caldari Crucial Electronics
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:59:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Tao Han on 23/08/2006 11:04:23
Originally by: Patchnotes Although the client reports you as #1 in the queue, the login queuing system is deactivated and has no effect.
Wait a minute here...
Quote: I've never got it, but any game I every played with a "queue system" did't last as long as they should of.
|

Kaaii
Caldari Equilibrium LLC United Confederation of Corporations
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 10:59:00 -
[26]
No wonder your still a Lt....
Captans and above never whine :)
"..Id rather fall beside 10 lions, than stand with One thousand sheep.."
Trading 101 |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:00:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 11:02:12
Originally by: Timian Wu The Queue is actually a huge improvemnt. Before this you always had to click... click... click when the server started up, untill it let you in (number of simult. logins have been limited for quite some time, as too many can take down the server).
So if you can't see how this is better, ESPECIALLY if you have 5 accounts to login... maybe you just aren't smart enough to be playing this game.
The queue is working, but only 1/2 of it, when you get place in your its like your stuck there never ending. The number doesnt count down it just says what number, selecting the sever again doesnt help, the only way to get out of it is to, restart your full client, I never got it but a corp m8 did. That was the only way he could fix it.
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:02:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 23/08/2006 11:03:23
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
no if you get placed in queue not you hae to restart your full client to get in, becouse they "have it turned off" there is no way to get in or "the queue doesnt count down", in other works they only have 1/2 of it turned off..
A corp m8 got place in queue the only way get could get out of the queue and get in the game is restart of his client,
I dont think thats accurate. I ended up as nr #4 in the Queue today and when i tried to log in, the client told me that I was in queue and should just relax. So I did, and when I become nr #1 in the queue, a sound got played and I could hit the Connect button to login. Also the GUI showed me as #1 in queue.
Seems to work fine to me.
Edit: Plenty of opportunity to test it now after downtime. Dont restart the clients, just relax and wait for your turn.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

RaTTuS
BIG
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:03:00 -
[29]
well I've had to wait in the queue on sisi occaionally .. but that is only there when it is overloaded... and if they do use it for post DT regulation it is still better than the old :- Proxy Full (500) messages - when you weren't queued and had to keep hitting the connect button .....
-- BIG Lottery, Deal & Sales | Skills Showroom
|

Parat Tendri
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:03:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:51:34
Originally by: Parat Tendri
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
So,... how long did it take your 5 accounts to be all logged in? 10 sec, 20 sec, maybe even 2 minutes? Gee, that must have been the longest wait of your life 
I've never got it, but any game I every played with a "queue system" did't last as long as they should of.
In this case I would suggest to wait and see how CCP has implemented this queue. They said it was implemented to relieve stress on the login server and not like for example in WoW to distribute the players on different shards. It therefore should never be as long of a wait as in WoW.
|

Timian Wu
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:03:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Timian Wu The Queue is actually a huge improvemnt. Before this you always had to click... click... click when the server started up, untill it let you in (number of simult. logins have been limited for quite some time, as too many can take down the server).
So if you can't see how this is better, ESPECIALLY if you have 5 accounts to login... maybe you just aren't smart enough to be playing this game.
no if you get placed in queue not you hae to restart your full client to get in, becouse they "have it turned off" there is no way to get in or "the queue doesnt count down", in other works they only have 1/2 of it turned off..
A corp m8 got place in queue the only way get could get out of the queue and get in the game is restart of his client,
Hmmm, well I haven't been queued yet so I have no idea how it works and english doesn't seem to be your native language or you're so upset your spelling is suffering so I'm having problems understanding what you wrote.
But if I understand you correctly it seems bugged? It's not the principle of the queue you object to but that it doesn't work? (Although your title would suggest otherwise)
|

Cymru2000
Lords of Maelstrom
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:05:00 -
[32]
the eve queue (if it does get activated) will be a lot different than the systems used in other games mainly because there is not an artificial cap to the amount of players that can be logged on simultaneously - only those which can be logging on simultaneously.
I doubt we'll ever see the 30 minute queues which are frequent in other MMOs ive played, hell i even doubt we'll see much more than a 5 min queue outside of DT and patch deployments.
---------------------------
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:05:00 -
[33]
Just relax. Try it after downtime. Dont restart the clients when you end up in Queue. You will see that it works.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:06:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
no if you get placed in queue not you hae to restart your full client to get in, becouse they "have it turned off" there is no way to get in or "the queue doesnt count down", in other works they only have 1/2 of it turned off..
A corp m8 got place in queue the only way get could get out of the queue and get in the game is restart of his client,
I dont think thats accurate. I ended up as nr #4 in the Queue today and when i tried to log in, the client told me that I was in queue and should just relax. So I did, and when I become nr #1 in the queue, a sound got played and I could hit the Connect button to login. Also the GUI showed me as #1 in queue.
Seems to work fine to me.
Its still a broke 1/2 working system that we dont need. It will be the reason why alot of eve players will leave, and the same happened to wow, there just so big they could recover fast. Eve is only 1/10th of what wow is. Eve will not be able to recover as fast and may even be the downfar, in my eyes of it.
fter wow put in place there queue they lost over 2mil accounts. that was 1/4 of there users. Thats alot of people that eve can't lose.
|

Uggster
Caldari Shinra Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:08:00 -
[35]
From the Patch Notes
Although the client reports you as #1 in the queue, the login queuing system is deactivated and has no effect.
So whats the problem again ???? 
|

Kaaii
Caldari Equilibrium LLC United Confederation of Corporations
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:09:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
snip,
snip
snip
fter wow put in place there queue they lost over 2mil accounts. that was 1/4 of there users. Thats alot of people that eve can't lose.
Wouldn't this elminate the need for a que? 
"..Id rather fall beside 10 lions, than stand with One thousand sheep.."
Trading 101 |

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:10:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 11:10:17
Originally by: Uggster From the Patch Notes
Although the client reports you as #1 in the queue, the login queuing system is deactivated and has no effect.
So whats the problem again ???? 
never take what the patch notes say, it also says it plays a sound when you get mail, have you tested that sound? it also doest say anything like "there will be alot of small bugs that will happen with this patch"
|

Lt Widowmaker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:12:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Kaaii
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
snip,
snip
snip
fter wow put in place there queue they lost over 2mil accounts. that was 1/4 of there users. Thats alot of people that eve can't lose.
Wouldn't this elminate the need for a que? 
no, becouse they lost over 30million dollors a month becouse they put a queue system on there servers.
umm smart leave queue off and I get 30million a month, or put it in place and I lose that 30million..
|

Kaylana Syi
Minmatar The Nest
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:15:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:41:59 I'm sorry I dont pay 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts to be told "I'm sorry you # in line you have to wait!"(not the message but kinda close) That is BS!
I'm sure I'm not the only one, and if I ever get that message again I wont be paying 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts..
leave then...
Team Minmatar Carriers need Clone Vats
|

Pabs Sco
Caldari Ecosse
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:15:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Pabs Sco on 23/08/2006 11:14:58 Maybe the queue system is to stop mass login exploits? ------ Eve-O Recruitment thread
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:15:00 -
[41]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 23/08/2006 11:14:43
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Its still a broke 1/2 working system that we dont need. It will be the reason why alot of eve players will leave, and the same happened to wow, there just so big they could recover fast. Eve is only 1/10th of what wow is. Eve will not be able to recover as fast and may even be the downfar, in my eyes of it.
fter wow put in place there queue they lost over 2mil accounts. that was 1/4 of there users. Thats alot of people that eve can't lose.
Actually i do think its needed, specially if it can relieve the traffic control messages and the inability to undock after loggin in. Its better if the cluster puts people in a queue instead of being overloaded when thousands of players are trying to log in at once.
Its not like the WoW queue at all... dont worry. You'll see.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Shahadet
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:15:00 -
[42]
I take it few people have seen the note that the queue while listed is not actuly in use?
Shrug ... I logged in fine while it said i was number 108 in queue. I guess I'm cool and was allowed to skip ahead.
You like the Sig? Check them out hereand see who made them. |

Doragee
Minmatar Unknown Society
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:16:00 -
[43]
WTB 5 Acc for $15,-...oO Is it a special deal?
--
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:16:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Shahadet I take it few people have seen the note that the queue while listed is not actuly in use?
Shrug ... I logged in fine while it said i was number 108 in queue. I guess I'm cool and was allowed to skip ahead.
Sounds strange to me...I had to wait in line to be nr #1 to login. Oh well, we'll see after the downtime.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Burlock Ironfist
Celtic Anarchy Black Reign Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:18:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Pabs Sco Edited by: Pabs Sco on 23/08/2006 11:14:58 Maybe the queue system is to stop mass login exploits?
hmm yes that would be nice... but unfortuntly it wont work because those people sit at the charcter selection screen.
BOOBIES! |

Shahadet
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:18:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Jim McGregor
Originally by: Shahadet I take it few people have seen the note that the queue while listed is not actuly in use?
Shrug ... I logged in fine while it said i was number 108 in queue. I guess I'm cool and was allowed to skip ahead.
Sounds strange to me...I had to wait in line to be nr #1 to login. Oh well, we'll see after the downtime.
I thought it was weird to... tbh thats the only reason I rember seeing a queue. I was thinking WTH a queue and then poof logged in.
You like the Sig? Check them out hereand see who made them. |

Devoras2
Amarr Confederation of Red Moon Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:20:00 -
[47]
I welcome the que system.
For once I sincerly hope it will stop log-on tactics effectivly. It remains yet to been seen if it works out.
Dev And they call me slow.... hey! Thats an insult!
|

El Verbatim
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:23:00 -
[48]
Edited by: El Verbatim on 23/08/2006 11:24:12 This queue might actually let you login faster then without one.
Which one is fastest? Doing 100 things all at the same time but each thing is done much slower (and once in a while causing a time-out) or doing each of those 100 things one after the other at full speed?
Without the queue you can hit the connect button immediatly but the login will go slow. With the queue, wait a bit before you can connect, then you can login fast.
|

Edania
Caldari Ordo Adeptus Astartes Novus Ordos Seclorum
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:24:00 -
[49]
ok so to summerise
"OMG THE SKY IS FALLING CCP HAS ADDED a sentance to Blueframe login THAT DOES NOTHING!"
when i go to a Resteraunt for food im in a line, when i go to get a cinema ticket im in a frikkin line when im at a bus stop im in a goddamn line is my point getting across yet?. you were probably in a line before now you just didnt know it and were you concerend then? even when the server comes up i wait in line for my home 0,0 system to start up which can take 10 mins well bohoo i have to suck it up but its not a game breaking thing.
ehm why am i wasting my time again?
Quote: my Clone was excelent, i just had too many skillpoints
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:26:00 -
[50]
Originally by: El Verbatim Edited by: El Verbatim on 23/08/2006 11:24:01 This queue might actually let you login faster then without one.
Which one is fastest? Doing 100 things all at the same time but each thing is done much slower (and once in a while causing a time-out) or doing each of those 100 things one after the other at full speed?
Without the queue you can hit the connect button immediatly but the login will go slow. With the queue, wait a bit before you can connect, then you can login fast.
Yep. Just loading 2 programs at once in windows takes ALOT longer than first loading program 1, then program 2.
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Ricdic
Caldari Corporate Research And Production Pty Ltd
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:26:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Kuolematon What?! I haven't played EVE for quite some time but there is queue now?!
*ouch* .. like logging on to Ravencrest at sunday nights 
Love the queuedance, f#@king *****up
Insured Research and Production Services |

Gretchen Dawntreader
Minmatar Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:28:00 -
[52]
logged in 3 times since patch, each time it said #1 in queue and loaded immediately....which is a lot better than when it used to sit at "performing pre-authentication handshake" for a minute and a half.
A *lot* better.
|

madaluap
Gallente Anthrax Foundation
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:28:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Doragee WTB 5 Acc for $15,-...oO Is it a special deal?
i was thinking the same SIGN MEH UP _________________________________________________
|

Dharmik
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:28:00 -
[54]
I find this entire topic hillarious! 1) The Queue, if it is ever used, is not a cap to the number of people who can be logged on. It's meant for Patch days and server reboots so that 40,000 people aren't all smacking the login server at the same time with repeated requests to log in. During normal operations, even if it IS on, you won't even know it's there.
2) It's PATCH DAY... give it a rest. Patch days are bad in every MMORPG and this particular patch is doing core level changes to the security features of the code base. They stated in the dev blog that it's over several MILLION lines of code being updated. Therefore: Expect bad patch day, pray for good one but EXPECT there to be numerous downtimes to fix core level problems
I understand the former WOW players who fear any kind of Queue whatsoever but WoW's queue was a hard cap on how many people could log into their servers. Once that cap was reached the Queue only moved if someone logged out. That's not how EVE will work. Eve is just a queue saying "No more than X people can be pounding on the Login Server at a time". The only time that's going to be a problem is after maintenance when the servers are just coming back online.
|

BSU HAL9000SE
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:28:00 -
[55]
To me the queue idea sounds great. Instead of that pesky "cluster full" error and constantly hitting connect i can just sit back, perhaps do something else and then get online.
Hopefully in the future it will allow me to pre-select a character as well as decide if i want to go all the way in (as if i am in a station) or just to character select screen and then play some fancy sound.
This sounds as usuful as the auto-connect button on CS to me, great work.
/Hal
PS! Lots of small bugs, but i love the smoothness and speed increase!
|

Xaroth Brook
Minmatar Doomcraft R i s e
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:28:00 -
[56]
How come people never read the patchnotes... patchnotes are the same as the ToS / EULA .. ( for those who don't know what I mean with that: Foamy's explenation )
The queue won't be 'working' during normal use, it's probably only there to stop the mass-spamming during login, this, imo is a GREAT improvement.. it means that just after DT people won't be able to log in en-masse, allowing the startup systems some breathing time to load up, so the server starts up with less lag than it would before the patch.. less lag, less whinging. less whinging, happy people.
Even if it takes 2 minutes to log in during startup, would you rather lag for hours non-stop? Get real. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Xaroth Brook Brainiac of Doomcraft Member of R I S E
 |

Cadela Fria
Amarr eXin Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:29:00 -
[57]
I opened my EVE client, typed in password, hit "connect" and woosh, off to EVE land I go - same as always, I dont know what the hell you're whinning about.
If the queue system is intended for traffic control and making the start-up of the cluster more smooth, without 20.000 people all loggin on at the same time, putting the poor baby server on a lot of stress and pain..then im all for it.
I'd rather play a game that works smoothly instead of "connect - connecting - server crash due to heavy load".
Be a little reasonable and stop your "ARGH! LOOK AT ME! IM UNHAPPY! MAKE ME HAPPY OR ELSE ILL STOMP MY FEET AND LEAVE, ARMS CROSSED! GIMME ATTENTION! APPEASE ME! WAAAAH!" trip...you haven't even had the chance to possibly percieve, think or even BEGIN to think how the system will work in the long run..give it a month atleast for starters.
To me this just sounds like a phopia towards changes and new things..get used to it. To progress you must change things, or introduce new things, otherwise you'll be stuck in the same decadent point in time....I like conformity, but not this kind of change-paranoid phopia.
Infact, to sum it all up and say it in a few words: Can I have your stuff?? 
-Knowledge is a priviledge, not a right
|

Jim McGregor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:31:00 -
[58]
Umm, for the ones who thinks there is no Queue because they got logged in right away... well, i think ive logged in 5 times this morning and only once did I end up in the queue. So... personally I think it works, but you just didnt have to queue.
We will definently know after this downtime.. :)
--- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune | Eve Pirate |

Heikki
Gallente Wreckless Abandon
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:36:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker .. if I ever get that message again I wont be paying 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts..
Hopefully you will hold true to your promise, but alas, I think you'll weasel out of it through the wording or other excuses :(
-Lasse Queue good. More subscribers than the server can handle bad.
|

hitech redneck
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:40:00 -
[60]
Maybe the que will be a good thing. It might help with login traps
|

Ilmonstre
Minmatar 0utbreak
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:47:00 -
[61]
please just get over yourself it doesnt really matter if you have to wait 10 seconds before you can log in.
it does not change your gameplay at all. or are those 10 seconds so precious to you and can not live without them.
|

Kolbert
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 11:54:00 -
[62]
Ok, wishful thinking: The queue will help prevent login exploits. If you sit on the character selection screen for too long (walk away after login for a while, or trying to 'sploit) it will not let you enter, you have to re-login to enter eve. Try it sometime.
Also, eve keeps scaling for more and more concurrent users.. CHILL! As stated before, it's not like you are going to have to wait 30 min to log, but just like after DT where the clusters come up slowly, now you are able to "pre-connect" and sit in a queue until you hear that nice sound and can finish logging in.
Prevents servers from crashing at startup - May prevent login traps / lag. If you ACTUALLY get stuck for longer than 5 min, then you can *****. |

Gonada
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:01:00 -
[63]
Edited by: Gonada on 23/08/2006 12:01:15 I'm sure I'm not the only one, and if I ever get that message again I wont be paying 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts.. ---------------------------------------------------
lol
get a life
-I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.-
|

Sendraks
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:03:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker no, becouse they lost over 30million dollors a month becouse they put a queue system on there servers.
umm smart leave queue off and I get 30million a month, or put it in place and I lose that 30million..
Are you submitting this work of fiction for some sort of great fiction prize? I think you should, because as far as fictitious stories go which involve fictitious figures freely found floating somewhere in the fictitious fermenent, it's pretty good.
The queuing system for the WoW servers has been in place, ooh, well over a year now. Probably nearer a year and a half. Yet WoW subs look to be pretty healthy. Certainly ú30million has not been "lost," sure there has been a turnover in players over the near past 2 years since WoW went live, but I very much doubt that WoW lost 30million worth in subs in the space of a month. That kind of thing would be very newsworthy and a cripplingly bad financial report for even the largest of corporations.
In short, you don't know squat.
Queue systems have a practical purpose, though in the case of WoW it exists because the majority of the servers are made mostly of cardboard and duct tape and also have a limited capacity for the number of players allowed on a server at any given time.
Tranquility has no such limits to player numbers and is made of far finer materials than any WoW server. But still, there are pratical limits on the number of people who can log in to the server at any one time with existing technology. To put it another way (as has already been done in this thread) you can only fit so many people through a door of any given size at one time. It is more efficient to have an orderly process by which everyone takes a turn at getting through the door quickly, then trying to cram a thousand people through a door all at once.
|

Wotar
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:07:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker your a moron!
lol
|

Trak Cranker
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:11:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:41:59 I'm sorry I dont pay 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts to be told "I'm sorry you # in line you have to wait!"(not the message but kinda close) That is BS!
Sorry, but you are absolutely clueless.
Since others here have explained in quite clear terms where it is you loose the grip on reality, I basically just came in to say that.
|
|

Xorus
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:16:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:41:59 I'm sorry I dont pay 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts to be told "I'm sorry you # in line you have to wait!"(not the message but kinda close) That is BS!
I'm sure I'm not the only one, and if I ever get that message again I wont be paying 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts..
You were sitting in that queue before now you are just able to see it, the message is just to let you know how many people are logging in at the time you are and helps balance the login load as the login server only has to handle the ammount of login requests it was designed to and not come crashing down because 15,000 people tried to login at the same time. ---
|
|

Argenton Sayvers
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:19:00 -
[68]
You have to realize that threaten to quit your accounts only brings out the worst in the fanbois. Threaten to use log-on traps with stabs, NOS, ECM, while suicide-ganking (and using the other 4 accounts to freighter around afk in newb corps) and they will all die of rage. If you are rich, dont forget to buy a random t2 item (all of them), then relist for 50 times the price. Making other people quit >>> pretending to quit ;)
|

Brastagi
Caldari g guild
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:20:00 -
[69]
I'm quite amused that most of the rants and whine about the patch are coming from the people who doesn't tried the patch on Sisi server beforehand (and doesn't even bother reading the patch note and dev blogs). We have a Test Server! It's there! Why don't you use it! And it's NOT THAT HARD TO set it up!
But then again, when it comes to patchday... it has different effect on TQ than Sisi... ---------
"I say, what the deuce are you doing?" said the gorilla to the bear
|

Lucre
STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:24:00 -
[70]
Edited by: Lucre on 23/08/2006 12:25:21
Originally by: Nafri well a queue would be surely bad for eve, but since it is not activated
Oh, I don't know. A suitable queue might be a wonderful way of restricting mass-login traps.
[Edit: ah, this point already made further down. Ah well... ]
|

tiewan
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:24:00 -
[71]
Lt Widowmaker, you are very funny. Please keep posting.
|

Raquel Smith
Freedom-Technologies
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:40:00 -
[72]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:41:59 I'm sorry I dont pay 15 bucks a month for 5 accounts to be told "I'm sorry you # in line you have to wait!"(not the message but kinda close) That is BS!
Actually, you do.
So when you take your ball and go home can I have your gear?
|

Maya Rkell
Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:55:00 -
[73]
Edited by: Maya Rkell on 23/08/2006 12:56:12
Originally by: Nafri well a queque would be surly bad for eve, but since it is not activated
...yet
Lucre, how is a *global* one going to help? Sigh.
|
|

Imaran
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:58:00 -
[74]
Please keep all comments and opinions regarding the recent patch and server trouble in this thread.
*click*
Sexeh CRC Website [email protected] Public Service Announcement : Tech II Boobies now in stock at your local Biomass Dealer! Offical Keeper of the key to Suvetar's Chastity Belt 
|
|

Devie Viviem
|
Posted - 2006.08.23 12:59:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:52:35 Edited by: Lt Widowmaker on 23/08/2006 10:51:34
Originally by: Parat Tendri
Originally by: Lt Widowmaker
Originally by: Boonaki I'd say, "can I have your stuff" but I don't really want it.
Go play WoW
your a moron! and if you can't see how bad this see I'm sorry you dont need to be playing this game!
So,... how long did it take your 5 accounts to be all logged in? 10 sec, 20 sec, maybe even 2 minutes? Gee, that must have been the longest wait of your life 
I've never got it, but any game I every played with a "queue system" did't last as long as they should of.
NOTE: a corp m8 did get the queue message.
Am I to understand that you started a thread threatning CCP that you would quit becouse of a game mechanic that you heard about but never even tried or have seen....You can't possibly be serious with this arguement. You have no evidence that there IS a problem! In your quest to be the first to complain about it on the forums, did you stop to wonder why it would have been implemented, or what good it could do on a server that shows occasional lag when there are more than 12,000 accounts logging in at once after downtime, or even if it was an actual change or just a visual one. You are going off half*****ed here and I just wasted 4 minutes replying to it. (guess I'm the IDIOT here)
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |