| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Daixi
Accidentally on Purpose
0
|
Posted - 2014.12.11 10:39:24 -
[1] - Quote
I have been playing eve for a couple of years. Been in big and small corps and alliances. I learned a lot from every experience and made some friends. I always liked to participate in corp ops but do not have the time to participate in all ops. I can play every night and during weekends but it does not mean I want to roam every night or shoot pocoGÇÖs.
I found that I like making my own decisions most and therefore started two corps of my own. One mainly for industry and one for PvP. I divided some chars among the two corps. This set up allows me to do almost anything that eve offers when I want to. The fun I get from the game is now bigger then ever.
Still there are drawbacksGǪ.
It is obviously a bit hard to find reliable, trustworthy people to roam with or do some wormholing with. I had other players in my PvP corp but it seemed that I was mainly providing content for others instead of playing the game. So I rather not go out and advertise again to grow my corp.
Another drawback is that I would really like to participate in tournaments with an own team.
When thinking about this I came up with a plan to form an alliance for solo or very small corps. The intention is to give small corps the possibility to team up and do stuff together but also pursue their own goals.
Would there be an interest in this idea or will I end up paying for an alliance with no members but my corps?
Thanks in advance for thinking with me!
|

Ceejay Johnston
Madoff Oakmont
17
|
Posted - 2014.12.11 11:19:19 -
[2] - Quote
You'll potentially find you'll end up with more indy corps than PvP orientated corps.
Alot of indy corps join an alliance to bump up the cost of war dec and fend off war deccers. Cost to wardec an allianc eis 250mil. A medium sized corp is 50mil.
Also to create an alliance you need to have the Empire skill to level V. Atleast a 2months skill if you basically starting from scratch |

Daixi
Accidentally on Purpose
0
|
Posted - 2014.12.11 11:59:39 -
[3] - Quote
Thanks for the input!
I have 1 char already skilling up for Empire V and will use that for creation of the alliance. If there is a lot of interest in this idea then I can always use an alliance creation add in the sell forum. (or at least, that was wat I hoped would be possible)
I would not mind having some indycorps joining but you raise a valid point. I need to keep an eye on the balance. Ideally, there would be a mix of pvp, indy and exploration. |

RLCHANCE
Icendus Corux Warp to Cyno.
26
|
Posted - 2014.12.11 12:32:11 -
[4] - Quote
Before building an alliance you must first have a stable active corporation that are social and helpful. |

Greygal
Redemption Road Affirmative.
282
|
Posted - 2014.12.11 15:19:19 -
[5] - Quote
Having done much what you are looking to do (build an alliance of small independent corps), I can tell you a few things I've learned (some the hard way lol!):
1. You need to have a strong corporation as the "keystone" of the alliance. It doesn't need to be big, but it does need to have a strong cultural identity, a clear "vision," and at least some focus on mutual activities. Without this, the "culture" of your alliance will be overridden and/or obliterated by the corps that join your alliance that DO have a strong cultural identity, your authority as leader is compromised if not overwhelmed, and your alliance will not be "yours" anymore - if it even exists anymore after the first culture clash.
2. Develop a very clear "vision" of what you want for the alliance as a whole - generally, this is identical to or an expansion of the "vision" you have for your corporation. The "vision" is key to the alliance's identity, recruitment, and development. It is a reason for others to join you, and a reason for them to stay.
3. Avoid at all costs the trap of building a jack-of-all-trades alliance. You will master none ;)
4. Remember that small independent corps are generally VERY independent ;) They will put the needs of their own corp members first (rightfully so) over the needs of the alliance as a whole. This can lead to some, um, shall we say "interesting dilemmas" for your leadership. Be very certain that the overall vision and goals of any corp you bring into the alliance mesh well with your vision and goals for the alliance as a whole.
5. To reiterate and emphasize #1, you DO need to build your foundation corp up first. An alliance built and led by someone who wasn't able to (or interested in) building up his/her own corp first tends to be an indication of weak and/or indecisive leadership. Like I said above, you don't have to build up your own corp to be big, but it does need to be strong culturally.
6. Be able to answer the questions, "What are the rules?" "What's our ROE?" "What are the short, medium, long term plans?" "Who are we?" "What do we do?" "Why should I join?" "What do you offer?" "What are the costs (if any)?" etc., etc., etc.
As to creating your own tournament team... that's for another post, another day :) But in a nutshell: It's a LOT of work, FAR more work than you can imagine, and you WILL be "creating content for others instead of playing the game" throughout most of the tourney season :) If you have never been on a tournament team before, I highly advise getting on one before you try and captain your own team. Sure, you can do it without experience, but what you learn by being on an already established team first is beyond priceless.
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, and hope this is of some usefulness!
GG
What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.
Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!
Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information
|

Inventor Nikola Tesla
The Nikola Tesla Foundation New Union
6
|
Posted - 2014.12.11 18:32:18 -
[6] - Quote
1.) Start playing 2.) Consider Leaving NPC Corp for "Slavelike" Player Based Corp (not all corps are slave drivers) 3.) Train to start your own Corp instead of joining one (Guarantees the "Director" Role) 4.) Create Corp 5.) Deploy POS (becoming an ISK making Indy Corp) 6.) Recruit others into Corp 7.) Help the recruits in an effort to seed trust and help the corp grow 8.) Get POS Robbed by a 6 month old sleeper recruit in an attempt to trust corp members with POS permissions 9.) Realize that you need your own empty Corp for POS security reasons since PERMISSIONS SYSTEM SUCKS! 10.) Unfairly Empty corp of all recruits (mistake realized after the fact, should have just removed roles from all recruits) 11.) Influence trustworthy local hometown friends to play 12.) Invite hometown friends to corp 13.) Get WarDec'd by PVP Alliance 1000+ pilots deep 14.) Local Friends go back to an NPC Corps until they train to make their own Corps. in an effort to escape the WarDec 15.) Start training for Alliance 16.) Keep training for Alliance 17.) Finish training for that other thing 18.) Save 1 Billion ISK for creating the Alliance 19.) Finish training for Alliance 20.) Invite the corps that hometown friends made into the Alliance 21.) Ban any Ganking by fellow Alliance members in High-Sec 21.) Write this forum post
I have come to the conclusion that a POS is only 100% safe when YOU are the ONLY one with Roles To Control the POS, this means a solo corp is my only option. (Solo because no one wants to be in a corp without roles and I am not giving out roles) However, I do not enjoy playing solo, I need a circle of others with shared interests.
Now at this point I am ready to start bringing outsiders into the circle again by creating a Corp that will be in the Alliance and begin filling it with new recruits. The Corp will lack a POS unless recruits want to deploy one in exchange for a Director Role. No recruits will be trusted with more than they have already contributed to the Corp in order to reduce losses from vampires
Any pointers or things to be aware of? Such as securing the shares or things overlooked that are very important? I understand I do not want to invite a bunch of corps I don't know. I also need to read a lot more on alliance mechanics so please forgive my ignorance in that regard.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the circle, send me an in game mail. Thanks for any input on this subject in advance. This sandbox is deeper each day.
Inventor Nikola Tesla New Union Alliance |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |