| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Hallieh
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 01:04:00 -
[1]
My free trial came to an end today.
I enjoyed the game itself and the people on corp chat were friendly. But I really can't pay for a game that drops my connection 5+ times a day. My other game doesn't do this, and since I see many other people complaining about recent lag and disconnects I don't believe it's my computer.
So long Eve. I'll check the forums next month to see if it improves.
|

Grez
Minmatar The Raven Warriors
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 01:08:00 -
[2]
Try moving to another system, you might have better luck. The newbie system are rather contested sometimes, and the server can struggle to cope with that many users on the same node (especially if it isn't a star-node (one node for one system)). _________________________ Corp: www.ravenwarriors.com Cache Clearer |

Hallieh
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 01:17:00 -
[3]
You're saying that a newb can't play in newb systems?
Hahahahaha....
...and it seems to make no difference what system or region I'm in. In fact it sometimes gets worse when the population goes down.
Nope, not worth the aggravation.
|

Grez
Minmatar The Raven Warriors
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 01:25:00 -
[4]
Read my post again - I didn't say that. If lag seems to be constant whereever you go, then I have a feeling it might be a issue on your end, since systems in EVE are hosted on different machines (they have about 70 odd machines hosting all the systems in EVE, high security area's and noob systems tend to have a machine to themselves, but low security and rarely used systems are clumped together on one node since they're rarely accessed and don't need much CPU time.
Again, if it's that constant, even when moving to a different system, then it's probably an issue on your end. _________________________ Corp: www.ravenwarriors.com Cache Clearer |

NurofenMiner
Amarr Beyond Divinity Inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 14:55:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Grez
Again, if it's that constant, even when moving to a different system, then it's probably an issue on your end.
Utter crap. Lag varies with no clear reason from system to system. All of a sudden thousands of computers with high end configurations are too low spec for EVE? or All of a sudden someone borked up some code causing major grief for thousands of people online?
I say its server side.
|

taupehat
Minmatar Taupe Hat Systems
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 16:37:00 -
[6]
Lag's been worse everywhere the past few days. The fact that CCP isn't saying they notice bugs the hell out of me. But it's not just hub systems. I got dropped twice yesterday from a system that had only 11 players in it, and when I wasn't getting dropped, the lag was horrid. Local was awful busy for such a sparse system, and they weren't talking about the smooth gaming experience they were having in there, believe me. Take off every 'Zig' !! |

PoWeR1
Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.10 16:54:00 -
[7]
Its takin me 5 minutes to login. This game is becomin a joke. Few nights ago brought a lachesis undocked before i warped to help my friend i said in corp chat whats with this lag. Came out of warp next thing i know im being shot at. It took a tempest about 5 volloys before i could turn my cam 180 around thats how bad i lagged.
I petitioned, only prob is it will take them about a month to reply to my petition then say it wasen't server side lag.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |