| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Khae
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 01:25:00 -
[1]
I hope its OK that this isn't in the "nube" section but I wanted to see if I could get a variety of feedback.
I've been playing a short time and am enjoying learning the game and exploring on my own. Eventually though I'm going to want to join a corp.. but before then I have to decide on what kind of small ship to train towards (I prefer the small classes to the medium, large and titan).
My question is which class might be more useful to a corp in general: assault ship, interceptor or covert op? I know a lot will depend on the company but just generally speaking. I like them all and I suspect I'll learn them all at somepoint but is one more useful or is less often pursued so there is more demand for it?
Thanks for any feedback!
|

Acinonyx Jubatus
International Multi-Player Consortium The Phantom Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 01:32:00 -
[2]
I'll try to help best I can, um.... You'd probably be better off checking out the copreration recruitment center, and I'll give youa slight tip on T2 ships...
Don't make them your primary ship early on, you're better off working on cruisers a bit, then using the Tech 2 frigates as they're needed and you can afford... Want a good enough reason?
I've lost roughly 100mill+ in assault frigates alone, and none of that's insurable. Though half of them I could have avoided.
|

Dust Angel
True Core
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 01:35:00 -
[3]
Most high end pvp corps will take on younger frigate pilots who are willing to tackle. Dont upgrade from t1 to t2 untill you really get a solid income and are comfy flying those little frigs. _____________________________________ Stressed out with empire politics?
Sansha's Nation helps clear your mind.
|

Khae
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 01:36:00 -
[4]
Edited by: Khae on 11/09/2006 01:37:46
Originally by: Acinonyx Jubatus I'll try to help best I can, um.... You'd probably be better off checking out the copreration recruitment center, and I'll give youa slight tip on T2 ships...
Don't make them your primary ship early on, you're better off working on cruisers a bit, then using the Tech 2 frigates as they're needed and you can afford... Want a good enough reason?
I've lost roughly 100mill+ in assault frigates alone, and none of that's insurable. Though half of them I could have avoided.
Good point... I'll keep that in mind. I also heard that working with cruisers can give you more to do while working towards the T2s. |

Leianna
Caldari Entropy Tech.
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 01:49:00 -
[5]
Honestly, if you are attempting to solo the first little bit of your EVE career, it would be wise to train yourself up to at least a battleship, before taking on the various skills required to fit, let alone pilot, a Tech 2 frigate. Just because you can pilot one, does not mean it will benefit you much, as you need the skills / modules to go with it.
Having a battleship in your capabilities will enable you to run higher level missions, therefore making you more money faster, so that you may purchase the few ungodly expensive T2 modules that will compliment a T2 frigate. ======================== Entropy Tech. Oipo II - Moon 19 Ishukone Watch Logistics |

Attractive Spokesmodel
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 03:17:00 -
[6]
Also, while it is right to be concerned about about what a corp looks for in you, be more concerned about what you look for in a corp.
I'm obviously an alt - but my main enjoys a very cooperative corp where everyone pools together for the greater good. Because we are a combination of strong PvPers and strong industrialists, and because we have each other's backs, we are all rich and the corp is rich... and while rich is just 1s and 0s in reality, it means we are never wanting for ships, mods, implants, etc...
All corps have personalities. Choose the one that fits you.
Also, I wouldn't join a corp that doesn't use Teamspeak (or something like it). Typing is slow... and in combat, slow is dead.
|

evistin
Multiverse Corporation
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 03:24:00 -
[7]
1) Same timezone as you play in. No point playing with people who are never one when you are on.
2) stick with tech 1 for as much as possible. Good tactics out perform tech 2 tech in the long run.
3) Know what style of leadership you prefer. If you like an open-door policy, you will not work well in a corp run like an iron-fist. ------------------- Management and Leadership û The Eve-online Guide |

Khae
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 03:49:00 -
[8]
Thanks for all the good advice.
K
|

Cipher7
Dark and Light inc. D-L
|
Posted - 2006.09.11 06:10:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Khae I hope its OK that this isn't in the "nube" section but I wanted to see if I could get a variety of feedback.
I've been playing a short time and am enjoying learning the game and exploring on my own. Eventually though I'm going to want to join a corp.. but before then I have to decide on what kind of small ship to train towards (I prefer the small classes to the medium, large and titan).
My question is which class might be more useful to a corp in general: assault ship, interceptor or covert op? I know a lot will depend on the company but just generally speaking. I like them all and I suspect I'll learn them all at somepoint but is one more useful or is less often pursued so there is more demand for it?
Thanks for any feedback!
IMO Corps don't want a particular skill.
They want a high quality PERSON sitting behind the keyboard. Someone smart, loyal, a team player, and an entertaining personality on voice comms.
If a corp told me "We need you to have X million SP in this this and this" I would take a long wary look at them, they care more about the virtual character skills than the real human skills of the person sitting at the controls.
You could give a person a brand new account with 0 skill points, and you could still find a use for them, even if it means flying a shuttle around to scout and make slingshots.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |