| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Khae
|
Posted - 2006.09.16 23:36:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Khae on 16/09/2006 23:39:40 I'm still soloing and I'm starting to take missions that require me to go into .4 or less areas. I have no desire to PvP at the moment I just want to work on my missions. What tactics can I use to get by gates that are being camped by one or two players? Should I load up on jammers to try to prevent locks or add after burners so I can get to the gate as quickly as possible after leaving warp?
I don't see how miners ever get out of low sec. areas without getting poached.
Thanks for any info. As a newbie I'm getting a little tired of these guys... (yes, I know I can just stay in high security areas if I don't like it) |

Sandeep
Trojan industries
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 00:15:00 -
[2]
Read the map and scout ahead. Have instant station dock bookmarks ready.
|

Asha'Lil
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 00:17:00 -
[3]
IF you really donÆt want to get PKed load up on Warp Core Stabs. The stabs wont save you from snipers.
Fly a fast frigate. After jumping in to a system you are cloaked for some time. Normally you have the time to figure out if you can run or not. Use the scanner and scan the closest planet or belt to in front of your ship check for PKers at that planet or belt if there are none warp to with in 100KM no closer incase of NPC rats. quickly locate the gate you wish to jump to if you donÆt have an insta this well be the hard part to live through and jump the closest planet or belt to it and scan that gate (make sure to scan the belt or planet first before warping to it.
If there is no one at the gate your probly safe to go. But be ready to have a surprise waiting for you. People can still warp to that gate or jump in through the other side.
This applies to stations as well Jump to the closest planet or belt to the station youÆre headed to and scan it for PKers. if there are none and you donÆt have an insta jump to 15km and dock as quick as you can. in a frigate with a MWD you can move real quick. IÆve personally jumped in to a gate camp and just turned my ship away from the campers and hit my MWD and with in a few sec I was 200km out of there range. This rarely works though snipers well have you dead in you donÆt just warp out right away and in a frig its very easy to warp out.
__________________________________ Stay still! This wont hurt... |

Gloria Stitz
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 00:22:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Khae Edited by: Khae on 16/09/2006 23:39:40 I'm still soloing and I'm starting to take missions that require me to go into .4 or less areas. I have no desire to PvP at the moment I just want to work on my missions. What tactics can I use to get by gates that are being camped by one or two players? Should I load up on jammers to try to prevent locks or add after burners so I can get to the gate as quickly as possible after leaving warp?
I don't see how miners ever get out of low sec. areas without getting poached.
Thanks for any info. As a newbie I'm getting a little tired of these guys... (yes, I know I can just stay in high security areas if I don't like it)
I hate to be boring about this, but join a player corp.
Really, how bad can it be? If it is awful, then just leave.
You'll get more from the game, honest 
|

Khae
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 01:30:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Khae on 17/09/2006 01:31:18 Edited by: Khae on 17/09/2006 01:30:52
Originally by: Asha'Lil if there are none and you donÆt have an insta jump to 15km and dock as quick as you can. in a frigate with a MWD you can move real quick.
Can you clarify what you mean by "insta" jump? Do you mean if I have the gate or station bookmarked? Do you go through gates / stations faster if they are bookmarked?
Thanks for all the feedback BTW. I'm sure I'll join a Corp sooner or later, but a lot of the time I get on the computer to get away from people and I just want to explore and optimize my ships 
|

Tsanse Kinske
WeMeanYouKnowHarm
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 01:57:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Khae Can you clarify what you mean by "insta" jump? Do you mean if I have the gate or station bookmarked? Do you go through gates / stations faster if they are bookmarked?
Instas.
They do indeed make living a great deal easier in LowSec, most especially when you're flying something slow and easy to shoot at.
* * * In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams, writing about EVE |

Khae
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 02:05:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Tsanse Kinske
Instas.
Ahhh... I figured this out for mining asteriods but never made the jump to applying it to other objects....
Thanks for the info!!
|

Vordalak
Amarr Low Grade Ore
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 04:01:00 -
[8]
They've saved my butt more times than I can count. Saves time too.
---------------------------------------------- "Cry fowl and let slip the dogs of war"
If you want trouble, you found the right spacer. Don't cry when it's over. |

Asha'Lil
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2006.09.17 05:01:00 -
[9]
Instas are easy to make and save you hours in traveling time. To bad you canÆt use them for auto pilot :) __________________________________ Stay still! This wont hurt... |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |