| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2667
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 20:48:25 -
[1] - Quote
Hi!
Using the latest FireFox here, win7 x64.
I wanted to check out what the proteus release page tells me ... ... because I haven't done so in a while.
https://community.eveonline.com/releases/proteus/
Tbh I have no idea about what's coming. ^_^ Did so the first and last time around when it came up ... ... and I don't recall if it was that way back then already, but I doubt it.
I clicked my way through the launcher's link to CCP Seagull's devblog ... ... clicked onto the link to the proteus release page ... ... and got this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6kzpdzn1fnt5ls/Screenshot%202015-01-08%2021.25.52.png?dl=0
Just the shipoutpost and the usual facebooktwitteretc-crap. No scrollbar.
Am I the only one? Is it intended? Are we being trolled? Will there be no features?
Someone please check that ... thanks!
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Equinnox Dethahal
Black Anvil Industries SpaceMonkey's Alliance
23
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 20:54:03 -
[2] - Quote
You need the secret decoder ring
$59.99 on the new eden store
once you get that youll be able to see all the really cool features they've been talking about for weeks
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2667
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 20:59:23 -
[3] - Quote
It's not that I have completely NO idea about what's coming ... ... but besides new asteroid effects, I think a new t3 and some mysterious sleeper containers ...
... no idea.
Not funny either.
The release page has a purpose for all those who aren't subscribed already.
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
1216
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:10:32 -
[4] - Quote
Hm, it does look bare, I blame the holidays for it, CCP didn't update it yet. Maybe they'll come around during this week?
From what I remember, Proteus won't include much tho, the stuff you mentioned, the Devblog mentions a few things too, but nothing big like Rhea (which was a large expansion, with the Wormholes) Proteus is mainly around to streamline some stuff following the Rhea release (the reveal of the Minmatar Tech 3 destroyer, the new sleeper sites, the new belt visuals etc)
Looking back on the news that shaped the year YC116
Finding the way to Thera thanks to EvE-Scout!
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2667
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:14:30 -
[5] - Quote
Jandice Ymladris wrote:Hm, it does look bare, I blame the holidays for it, CCP didn't update it yet. Maybe they'll come around during this week?
From what I remember, Proteus won't include much tho, the stuff you mentioned, the Devblog mentions a few things too, but nothing big like Rhea (which was a large expansion, with the Wormholes) Proteus is mainly around to streamline some stuff following the Rhea release (the reveal of the Minmatar Tech 3 destroyer, the new sleeper sites, the new belt visuals etc) Sometimes I really wonder who oversees CCPs connection to the public ...
... if anyone. xD
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
6022
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:15:37 -
[6] - Quote
I blame the Hakarl.
Bring back DEEEEP Space!
|

J'Poll
Green Skull LLC
5340
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:24:25 -
[7] - Quote
CCP Troll...best troll.
There will be no update, they will just code the launcher to pretend it is patching for hours.
Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy
Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded
Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2667
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:29:43 -
[8] - Quote
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:I blame the Hakarl. The what, or who?
J'Poll wrote:CCP Troll...best troll.
There will be no update, they will just code the launcher to pretend it is patching for hours. Makes me wonder if there is a CCP Troll, tbh ...
Anyhow, I have reported my own thread in hopes to get an answer ... ... or that an ISD pokes a dev or something.
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Prt Scr
569th Freelancers
110
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:47:50 -
[9] - Quote
testing on SISI from today, npcs now will now pod you 
This is my signature, there are many like it , but this one is mine
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2678
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 21:49:27 -
[10] - Quote
Prt Scr wrote:testing on SISI from today, npcs now will now pod you  Yeah I read that already.
But that's only seekers, so far. :/
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Sista Slade
Nano-Tech Experiments
15
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 22:26:38 -
[11] - Quote
Sol Project wrote:
Am I the only one? Is it intended? Are we being trolled? Will there be no features?
Someone please check that ... thanks!
This looks like a job for Ripard Teg!
|

Marsha Mallow
1834
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 22:39:55 -
[12] - Quote
Sista Slade wrote:This looks like a job for Ripard Teg! *alarms sound in the shitheap cave*
DON'T BE RIDICULOUS!
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2716
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 22:58:32 -
[13] - Quote
While we wait for an official to have a word about the feature page, I would like people to rethink their position regarding ****** Peg.
You are doing it wrong.
Every time you mention him, you pretty much acknowledge his position in EVE history.
That's not how it should work I believe.
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
6026
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 23:53:17 -
[14] - Quote
The content is that there is no content.
Bring back DEEEEP Space!
|

Marsha Mallow
1836
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 23:56:34 -
[15] - Quote
J'Poll wrote:CCP Troll...best troll. ^
DON'T BE RIDICULOUS!
|

Another Posting Alt
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
23
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 23:56:42 -
[16] - Quote
Obviously it's a cloaking update. |

Quanah Comanche
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
69
|
Posted - 2015.01.07 23:58:43 -
[17] - Quote
Pretty picture. |

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2746
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 00:02:33 -
[18] - Quote
Quanah Comanche wrote:Pretty picture. It's animated.
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Republic University Minmatar Republic
233
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 00:02:42 -
[19] - Quote
How can you read through the Dev Blog without also reading about the features? The Release Page is really just the blog in pretty colours..
Does it really matter? |

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2746
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 00:07:36 -
[20] - Quote
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:How can you read through the Dev Blog without also reading about the features? The Release Page is really just the blog in pretty colours..
Does it really matter? Do you see everything only through your own eyes? This has nothing to do with me per se.
Here, think about it:
Why is there a release page?
Good luck figuring it out. :)
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Marsha Mallow
1836
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 00:07:58 -
[21] - Quote
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:Does it really matter? Nope, they're just being dorks. Hit them again (aim higher).
DON'T BE RIDICULOUS!
|

Serene Repose
2028
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 00:52:30 -
[22] - Quote
Habit.
Treason never prospers. What is the reason?
Why, if it prospers, none dare call it "treason."
|

Shailagh
Deadly Shadow Spec-Ops
12
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 00:57:13 -
[23] - Quote
Sol Project wrote:Prt Scr wrote:testing on SISI from today, npcs now will now pod you  Yeah I read that already. But that's only seekers, so far. :/
Wut?? |

Hal Morsh
Icendus Corux Warp to Cyno.
242
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 01:35:50 -
[24] - Quote
Shailagh wrote:Sol Project wrote:Prt Scr wrote:testing on SISI from today, npcs now will now pod you  Yeah I read that already. But that's only seekers, so far. :/ Wut??
Either he typoed sleepers with seekers, or he means those "circadian seeker" scouts throughout the game will now shoot your pod. If the latter is the case I would like some evidence.
CCP - Outpost code is scary.
|

Shailagh
Deadly Shadow Spec-Ops
12
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 02:25:36 -
[25] - Quote
Hal Morsh wrote:Shailagh wrote:Sol Project wrote:Prt Scr wrote:testing on SISI from today, npcs now will now pod you  Yeah I read that already. But that's only seekers, so far. :/ Wut?? Either he typoed sleepers with seekers, or he means those "circadian seeker" scouts throughout the game will now shoot your pod. If the latter is the case I would like some evidence.
https://twitter.com/SamsaraToldya/status/552575781445324800
And from the failheap proteus thread.
Guess they do 40ish damage every 8-10 seconds.
So over 2mins and dont scram. Gonna laugh when dude gets ganked in belt and the sleepers finish the pod job 2mins later while dudes still afk |

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2750
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 08:02:51 -
[26] - Quote
Awww that definitely needs a buff.
And yeah I was talking about the seekers. ^_^
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
6029
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 08:15:27 -
[27] - Quote
Sleepers killing pods?
Are they sucking all of the blood and organs out of the corpses?
Bring back DEEEEP Space!
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2750
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 08:23:23 -
[28] - Quote
Dude they're not vampires!
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Leannor
Central Builders Incorporated Northern Associates.
56
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 09:22:53 -
[29] - Quote
I'm used to the title ....
"Lykouleon wrote:
STOP
TOUCHING
ICONIC
SHIP
PARTS"
|

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
3426
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 09:33:16 -
[30] - Quote
Sol Project wrote:... or that an ISD pokes a dev or something. I already have...
Keep the usual disclaimer in mind: If and/or when an answer will be given by CCP I unfortunately can not say.
ISD Ezwal
Vice Admiral
Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)
Interstellar Services Department
|

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
3871
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 09:39:29 -
[31] - Quote
ISD Ezwal wrote:Sol Project wrote:... or that an ISD pokes a dev or something. I already have...  Keep the usual disclaimer in mind: If and/or when an answer will be given by CCP I unfortunately can not say.
SoonGäó.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Captain
Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)
Interstellar Services Department
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2750
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 09:46:05 -
[32] - Quote
Thanks!! :)
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Hengle Teron
Just Another Corp XIV
30146
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 12:26:59 -
[33] - Quote
release notes... will be added when the stuff is released, like the name suggests |

Badel Jramodarr
2294
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 12:29:20 -
[34] - Quote
Hengle Teron wrote:release notes... will be added when the stuff is released, like the name suggests Release notes in TiDi??
I don't always have a signature; but when I do, it doesn't say anything at all
...I'm on a horse
|

Varathius
Blood Fountain Massacre LOADED-DICE
142
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 12:42:02 -
[35] - Quote
To summarize what it says, basically, you will be able to walk inside of stations and murder people, chop their brains open and steal their implants. You will also be able to hack into jumpclone stations, and set up the system so, that once the person you target dies in game, you will not be able to wake up in a clone, but you'll permanently die. Biomass not even needed, just create a new account. Other than that, not much on it you don't already know. |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
6032
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 16:57:59 -
[36] - Quote
ISD Ezwal wrote:Sol Project wrote:... or that an ISD pokes a dev or something. I already have...  Keep the usual disclaimer in mind: If and/or when an answer will be given by CCP I unfortunately can not say.
You know the use of the word "poke" has different meaning across different cultures.
Now the questions arise: which one and did the dev enjoy it?
Bring back DEEEEP Space!
|

DaReaper
Net 7
1664
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 18:52:27 -
[37] - Quote
Here is what is coming that I can remember:
New Roid field visuals Recon Rebalance Some Corp little things (WiP)
There will be NO new T3 Destroyer this cycle, they mentioned in the dev blog thread that this one is for after Proteus.
Seekers seem to be poding, personally I expect that to get a buff over time
Beyond that, nothing much. This is the holidays, I fully expect Proteus to be very small, and a tad meh. With the next one having projects finishing up and being good as the lead into fan fest. And the one after fan fest to be hyped like crazy at fan fest.
So its gonna be interesting
OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!
|

Chainsaw Plankton
IDLE GUNS IDLE EMPIRE
883
|
Posted - 2015.01.08 22:14:56 -
[38] - Quote
Sol Project wrote:Tbh I have no idea about what's coming. ^_^
I don't think CCP does either 
seems like nearly everyone has been out of the office for the last 2-3 weeks with the holidays. the new release schedule is pretty cool, but the communication lag needs a bit of work. I feel like too many things they say we are going to do this, and then release the details only a few days before the patch goes live.
I'll join the chorus asking CCP, don't take my fancy names away from me!
In the name of the Limos, the Malkuth, and the Arbalest, so help me pod
- Mara Rinn
|

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
3479
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 14:41:56 -
[39] - Quote
Ladies and gentlemen, the requested page just went live. Rejoice!
ISD Ezwal
Vice Admiral
Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)
Interstellar Services Department
|

Sol Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
2777
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 14:52:15 -
[40] - Quote
Thanks!! :)
Will update title and OP!
Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai
Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!
Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!
|

Shailagh
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
12
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 15:30:17 -
[41] - Quote
Nothing on NPC POD JOBS?
Why all the silence? Its on SiSi, yet still not even acknowledged on there. Is this a glitch? An oversite? Working as intended? A giamt secret?? |

marVLs
703
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 15:34:13 -
[42] - Quote
======> Me want that new caldarii hangar showed in video <======= |

Debora Tsung
Die Woge des Wahnsinns Greater Western Co-Prosperity Sphere
1415
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 15:47:39 -
[43] - Quote
marVLs wrote:======> Me want that new caldarii hangar showed in video <======= What video? Link or lies!
Stupidity should be a bannable offense.
Also This --> AFK Cloaking Collection Thread
Please stop making "fix afk cloaking!" threads, your idea is not new. Thanks in advance.
|

Nami Kumamato
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
415
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 15:59:13 -
[44] - Quote
New exploration sites !!! \o/
" And now my ship is oh so cloaked and fit -
I never felt so good, I never felt so hid ! "
- Ramona McCandless, Untitled
|

marVLs
704
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 16:42:23 -
[45] - Quote
Debora Tsung wrote:marVLs wrote:======> Me want that new caldarii hangar showed in video <======= What video? Link or lies!
http://youtu.be/R1fCJUiYXRw?t=33s |

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
1234
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 17:40:39 -
[46] - Quote
Shailagh wrote:Nothing on NPC POD JOBS?
Why all the silence? Its on SiSi, yet still not even acknowledged on there. Is this a glitch? An oversite? Working as intended? A giamt secret??
Moight be because it's part of the Seeker storyline, the one constant in anything revolving the Seekers & the unidentified structure is silence from CCP. Seems we got to find out ourselves what it all means.
Also, I am wrong No T3 destroyer in this release!
They did seem to have listened a bit to the criticism on the bland naming of the rebalanced modules. Some funky names are now still around.
Capsuleers deal a serious blow to 'De-Minmatarization' - program!
Find the way to Thera thanks to EvE-Scout!
|

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
3360
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 19:57:27 -
[47] - Quote
I feel uneasy each time I see that large "Reactivate my account" button. So much preaching to the choir... Is this what this game has become? Replaying old glories by asking the departed customers to come back?
And not a single feature that makes sense to new players, let alone to potential players. Would you give a chance to a club whose selling point is "come back, we changed the triple revolving of asymetrical monkeygrooves"? 
The Greater Fool Bar_ is now open for business, 24/7. Come and have drinks and fun somewhere between RL and New Eden! _
|

Solecist Project
All Glory to the HypnoBoobs
14356
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 21:35:01 -
[48] - Quote
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:I feel uneasy each time I see that large "Reactivate my account" button. So much preaching to the choir... Is this what this game has become? Replaying old glories by asking the departed customers to come back? And not a single feature that makes sense to new players, let alone to potential players. Would you give a chance to a club whose selling point is "come back, we changed the triple revolving of asymetrical monkeygrooves"?  Big Sol's account expired.
The "Reactivate my account" button kind of annoys me, every time I see it.
It certainly makes sense from the perspective of someone who believes that former players will look at it and want an easy way ...
CCP will know how effective it is, through the pageview/click/actually reactivatiing ratio ...............
Regarding the features ... well ... I'm not really sure you have point there. Actually, I believe you don't. You *would* have a point if they still had a biannual release schedule, but now with the frequent releases there will always be some who are worse than others.
It seems they are now actively fishing for all those who they have lost ... ... and are closing in on the scheduled end of revamping/fixing bugs era.
It's definitely not too long anymore.
And besides all this ... they don't really talk about anything regarding the global storyline.
How this works out regarding marketing ... I can't tell. I assume that word-of-mouth advertising works really well with this, but we haven't reached a point yet that really *hits* people enough to spread the word across the internet.
Time will tell .................
Ralph King-Griffin > **** you sol, years, ****ing years since thats happend
There once was a boobee in space, from the proud gallentean race;
It was like a bubble,
always meant trouble
and jumped right into your face!
|

DaReaper
Net 7
1673
|
Posted - 2015.01.09 22:12:09 -
[49] - Quote
Jandice Ymladris wrote:Shailagh wrote:Nothing on NPC POD JOBS?
Why all the silence? Its on SiSi, yet still not even acknowledged on there. Is this a glitch? An oversite? Working as intended? A giamt secret?? Moight be because it's part of the Seeker storyline, the one constant in anything revolving the Seekers & the unidentified structure is silence from CCP. Seems we got to find out ourselves what it all means. Also, I am wrong  No T3 destroyer in this release! They did seem to have listened a bit to the criticism on the bland naming of the rebalanced modules. Some funky names are now still around.
They stated when they announced the features in seagull blog that the T3 dessie is on hold till the next release, due to this one coming out during holidays and lots of people took the two weeks of x-mas and new years off (they did at my job, man it was a ghost town here)
OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |