| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rasahl Tlev
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 04:23:00 -
[1]
I want to try pirating, can anyone give me some advice on ships and setups? I want to keep the costs under 30m.
skills
t1/t2 amarr frig (not intys yet) t1 amarr cruiser t2 small lasers t1 med/large lasers and t1 small/med/large projectiles can use t2 med drones
Thanks!
|

Master Spoonman
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 06:06:00 -
[2]
I'd recommend training battlecruisers and pirating in a turtle... I mean Prophecy ;)
A decent setup I found: HI's: 4xHvy-Pulse 3xMed-Nos === MID's: 1xScram 1xWeb or AB/Microwarp 1xCap Recharge === LOW's: 2xEnergized Nano 1xMed-Repper 1xCapacitor power relay 1xWhatever plate you can still fit on
***
|

Ciaphas Khaine
Caldari Yesodic Nomads Corp Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 07:09:00 -
[3]
i have belt pirated with amarr ships extensivly and ive come up with several setups for different ships.
best T1 cruiser pirate ship for amarr is arbitrator. Fit it with: 1 med nos, 2x small nos, 1x standard launcher 1x MWD, 1x medium cap booster(with 800s), 20km scrambler and whatever else you want (jammer, webby, turret destab) T2 armour rep and 3x hardeners
best not to try and take out vexxor or thorax in this ship but anything else is fair game as youll be faster- only close in to use the small nos once youve worked em for a bit
Maller:
5x med pulse II (small guns), 1 nos MWD, cap booster, scrambler 2x small armor reps, 1600mm plate, 3x hardeners
this has great tank and will kill most crusiers in a fight as youll just outlast them cap and armor wise. gank setups will smash against this
now i havent flown amarr frigs much but i like vengence WITH MWD the best, fit it with gatling guns or duel medium pulses, MWD, plate, scrambler and some cap relays,and a few hardeners (passive) youll get decent damage, immunity to 1 med nos, and around 1500 armour with really good resistances
thats all
IN THE FAR FLUNG FUTURE OF EVE THERE IS ONLY.... WARRRR |

Famine Aligher'ri
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 07:52:00 -
[4]
Maller or Omen but shoot for Zealot. Maller can tank sentry to gank smaller targets. Zealot be a good all round ship IMHO. Currently getting my Zealot skills up just for that purpose.
|

murder one
Gallente CRICE Corporation Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 10:47:00 -
[5]
cross train for gallente ;)
Because I said so...
|

Kerc Kasha
Caldari Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 11:29:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Master Spoonman I'd recommend training battlecruisers and pirating in a turtle... I mean Prophecy ;)
A decent setup I found: HI's: 4xHvy-Pulse 3xMed-Nos === MID's: 1xScram 1xWeb or AB/Microwarp 1xCap Recharge === LOW's: 2xEnergized Nano 1xMed-Repper 1xCapacitor power relay 1xWhatever plate you can still fit on
Ew that setup is just bad, mainly the lows. 3 active hardeners, a energized adapative nano, some sort of plate and a med rep is alot better then that.
|

Skyly
Syndicate Of Shadows
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 11:57:00 -
[7]
If you intend on hunting people down in belts rather than at gates, I would reccomend training for the Amarr recon ships (which you choose to fly is personal preference)
|

GBBUTT
Dismemberment
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 22:14:00 -
[8]
MMmm yes a pilgrim is ALOT of fun.
IF you can find any targets :( Been looking for about 2 weeks now for some nice low sec systems. Not having much luck. Then again my play times are Aussie atm.
|

Commander Thrawn
Fluffy rabbit killer's inc
|
Posted - 2006.09.24 22:30:00 -
[9]
arbitrator, pilgrim, curse, zealot, geddon(gate camps), plus ints. it the hole list of amarr pirate cabable ships, in order of effectivenesss imo
|

Laythun
Undercover Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.09.25 09:39:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Kerc Kasha
Originally by: Master Spoonman I'd recommend training battlecruisers and pirating in a turtle... I mean Prophecy ;)
A decent setup I found: HI's: 4xHvy-Pulse 3xMed-Nos === MID's: 1xScram 1xWeb or AB/Microwarp 1xCap Recharge === LOW's: 2xEnergized Nano 1xMed-Repper 1xCapacitor power relay 1xWhatever plate you can still fit on
Ew that setup is just bad, mainly the lows. 3 active hardeners, a energized adapative nano, some sort of plate and a med rep is alot better then that.
dont ever use active hardners pirating nublet, u might happen upon that fool that uses nos. then your tank is screwed, and they take cpu that could be better urse elsewhere, your pirating not tanking ffs
Proud Member of the Anti Whine 14 |

Demonique
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2006.09.25 09:59:00 -
[11]
Use an engergised adaptive nano membrane... it is passive
However, you must work on your compensation skills... EM, Thermic, Explosive, Kinetic...... otherwise the megre 15% bonus to each is not particularly worth the low slot imo.....
|

Laythun
Undercover Brothers
|
Posted - 2006.09.25 11:03:00 -
[12]
I'll reply properly.
Gate (jump range) = Geddon Belt = Maller (curse when u can) Sniping = apoc
Proud Member of the Anti Whine 14 |

Rasahl Tlev
|
Posted - 2006.09.25 18:05:00 -
[13]
anyone reccomend using assault frigs for pirating? maybe the vengeance?
As for using the arbitrator, those you must use drones for dmg, are t2 med drones better or the heavy?
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 :: [one page] |