| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Depko
|
Posted - 2006.10.04 15:01:00 -
[1]
What is better for soloing lvl4 missions, the Astarte or Eos ? How effective/risky/expensive they are compared to Raven in lvl4 ?
|

wide
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 00:02:00 -
[2]
From the stats and bonus' I'd say the Astarte: higher dps and 6 low slots for boosting your tank. |

swoj
The New Order.
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 10:45:00 -
[3]
I've run a few lvl4s in my Astarte, don't have an Eos though so can't compare however Astarte is the more combat oriented of the two so I guess it would be best.
They are good fun but they are risky - until I got my tank more solid for Angel missions, I had to warp out a few times, got out with 50% hull. You really need to know what damage you need to tank against, felt like there was less margin for error than with a BS.
|

Zalthoz
|
Posted - 2006.10.05 12:06:00 -
[4]
I would personally go for the astarte, I use an Absolution for lvl4 missions but I can fly the Astarte too, and plan on getting one once I get my hybrid skills up to tech II hybrid guns.
I use pulse/afterburner/14kmWEB and I think a Astarte with blasters would be very simular. I hardly ever use other crystals then multies so I'm fighting from 13km-2km range.
as long as you can keep your speed up you'll be able to tank the lvl4 missions, so you'll want to kill frigs fast and that's what the Astarte can do very well with a web and it's drones/blasters.
I would higly recommend a 15km 90% web, faction afterburner and a corpum a-type armor medium armor repair & hardner/EANM, I use two armor reapirs on my absolution but hardly ever need the second one, I'd fit a corpum medium rep and a small tech II rep on the Astarte just for that extra insurance.
if you're not webbed and you can keep your speed up you won't need more then one armor repair in 95% of the time.
|

Depko
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 11:21:00 -
[5]
But the Eos has drone bay bonus and can use 5x heavy drone to compensate the hybrid turret bonus of Astarte. Addidionaly, the Eos has better resitances for tanking than Astarte.
|

Kerosene
Caldari STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.10.06 13:17:00 -
[6]
Having flown both... Eos. 6x 250mm Rail II's + 5 heavy drone II's is serious damage and a lot more versatile. Not to mention the higher resists and 7x5x5 slot layout allows for variation if you get an easy mission where you can drop a bit of recharge for an AB __
Originally by: Galaxian
I'd like to add that as a penalty for warping out, Chowdown recieved a /heal0 from the devs, and his ship promptly exploded.
|

Depko
|
Posted - 2006.10.08 13:47:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Kerosene Having flown both... Eos. 6x 250mm Rail II's + 5 heavy drone II's is serious damage and a lot more versatile. Not to mention the higher resists and 7x5x5 slot layout allows for variation if you get an easy mission where you can drop a bit of recharge for an AB
Aha, you think Eos has about the same dps as Astarte + higher resists making it more effective in missions ?
|

Kerosene
Caldari STK Scientific Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.10.09 01:23:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Depko
Originally by: Kerosene Having flown both... Eos. 6x 250mm Rail II's + 5 heavy drone II's is serious damage and a lot more versatile. Not to mention the higher resists and 7x5x5 slot layout allows for variation if you get an easy mission where you can drop a bit of recharge for an AB
Aha, you think Eos has about the same dps as Astarte + higher resists making it more effective in missions ?
Dunno about the same dps but it's got a much better tank and tbh drones are cool for missions imo once you learn how to aggro spawns properly __
Originally by: Galaxian
I'd like to add that as a penalty for warping out, Chowdown recieved a /heal0 from the devs, and his ship promptly exploded.
|

OniNoShinji
OniCorp
|
Posted - 2006.10.09 05:17:00 -
[9]
I fly the Eos and havent used the Astarte. but i would imagine its like the domi/mega. i happen to have about 5 mil sp in drones and about 1 mil in guns. if your skills are more toward guns then you might want to think about a blaster Astarte.
if you want the most efficient burn through lev 4s though i would suggest a battleship. if you want to have some fun and exitement i thurally suggest the command ships.
there have been many times I just got the last rat poped with 25% hull. gets the blood pumping ;)
|

Xerxes Ceasar
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
|
Posted - 2006.10.09 09:29:00 -
[10]
I fly Eos and tanked correctly, it can withstand tremendious amount of damage, especially serpentis and guristas. Angels are a bit more difficult to tank. I use 1 medium T2 armor rep, 4 armor harderners in low. Mid: 3 T2 cap rechargers, 10Mn T2 AB and the 5:th free for web/TC/painter or whatever. In high I have 6 250mm T2 rails and a tractorbeam. And then of course you have the drones 5 small/medium/large. Now - this ship doesnt deliver the same punch as a BS but is more fun to fly. And it also feels safer.
If you would like one, please contact insanity in the Chosen Path [CHSN]. Mention that I recomended him and you might get a discount. ;) Xerxes
 |

Depko
|
Posted - 2006.10.13 20:26:00 -
[11]
YOu reccomend Eos before the Astarte then ?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |