| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Jeretomi
Azure Horizon Coalition Of Empires
|
Posted - 2006.10.13 08:29:00 -
[1]
Out of shear desperation I post here in attempt to find a Dev or someone with a Devs ear (no sarcastic comments please), and get them to look at a number of threads in "Known Issues and Workarounds". Since the last patch, a growing number of us are experiencing constant CDT, freezes, disconnects and other non-gameplay related problems. There have been many good suggestions made for ways we may fix the problem but none are working. I don't want to get into the specifics here but if you have any new insights please look at the threads below and tell us what you think....but if one more person tells us to reinstall the full clinet, clear our cache or disable sound I thing I'll scream!!
People have been filing bug reports and crash dumps, but as yet we have had no official comment from CCP that they are aware of and looking into the problem....a few lines in one or more of these threads from a Dev would be more than enough to calm our frustrations and prevent tempers flaring any more than they have already
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=408183
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=408842
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=394593
Yours in anticipation.....
|

Aelfren Blackshadow
|
Posted - 2006.10.13 08:42:00 -
[2]
Don't know if this applies to your situation or not, but I was getting disconnected on a very random basis 30mins - 1 hour usually.
A member or our corporation told me that if I use a Linksys wireless adapter to throw it in the bin as they are always causing problems, I did and then connected a cable from the router to PC and haven't crashed since 
The wife isn't thrilled about a bright red cable running from the dining room, through the hallway, up the stairs and into the games room though. Maybe when the nagging gets unbearable I'll get BT in to put in an additional point upstairs.... maybe 
I hope this helps you in some way, Eve is a much better game if you don't keep disconnecting.
|
|

Jiekon

|
Posted - 2006.10.13 09:59:00 -
[3]
Posting here on the forums to get us devs to look at something is not a very good idea. We tend not to read every forum post so something important may be missed. If a bug report has been sent, rest assured that it will be dealt with appropriately. All bug reports that are sent are dealt with and action taken on each one. You will not likely hear back from us regarding bug reports as we're busy squashing said bug.
I hope this helps. ___________________________ ~Jiekon
Known Issues Bug Reporting
███████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████ ███████████████
|
|
|

wystler
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2006.10.13 10:22:00 -
[4]
Only advice we can give you is to keep on bug reporting these occurrences.
Run logserver, reproduce the issue, and submit a bug report with:
-System Name -Time -Date -As much detail as you can -Logs from logserver
I'm closing this thread as the original topics in Known Issues and Workarounds stand for themsleves already, thanks 
|
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |