| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mirph
|
Posted - 2003.10.31 14:35:00 -
[1]
I recently replaced my old soundcard with a Soundblaster 5.1 Live! and the jukebox and/or winamp (which I play in the background) plays the music good - But that's when I'm in space. if I enter a station the music starts "slowing down" and gets really bad. Hard to explain what it sounds like, but slow and a little bit "robotic". Really annoying since I most often turn off all Eve music and listen to the Eve-radio instead.
Anyone know how to work around this problem? I have the newest drivers from Creative aswell.
Universal Delivery Services is currently looking for members |

Grandorr
|
Posted - 2003.10.31 14:57:00 -
[2]
On a slower system this would probably show itself when you dock. Since when you are docked and you probably have it windowed it slows the entire computer down immensely. I have no problem running music in background.
P4 2.4 800 fsb 512 mb ram Radeon 9800 pro Soundblaster Live! Beware the Spoons |

Terghon
|
Posted - 2003.10.31 20:34:00 -
[3]
If you have the "Orbit Station" or whatever option checked (so you spin around in station) I'd disable that first. For whatever reason, in-station graphics take a lot of cpu power and the rotating just makes it worse.
You could also try not loading the station environment which is supposed to help performance.
|

MrHappy
|
Posted - 2003.10.31 21:10:00 -
[4]
This is simply a case of EVE eating up so many CPU cycles that the mp3 decoding gets choppy. Workaraounds for this problem include giving winamp a higher process priority (the ctrl+alt+del window in XP) or winamp preferences under Options although this may cause instability so use at your own risk you might also try downsampling the quality in the mpeg audio decoder settings (under input plugins) to half or quarter under the Decoder tab and disabling stereo output should also shave off a few cycles.
Hope this helps
MrHappy |

Mirph
|
Posted - 2003.11.02 14:10:00 -
[5]
Thanks for all the good replies!
My computer aint really good, it's only a amd 1,7ghz with 256mb ram (some crappy ones I believe) and a GF2 GTS.
But, why wouldn't I have noticed that the sound got "crappy" with my older soundcard? I'm not sure what soundcard the one I used earlier was, it was built-in the motherboard.
Universal Delivery Services is currently looking for members |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |