| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jack Longo
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 14:37:00 -
[1]
What range do these things have? I notice optimal says 30, but is that the limit for them to be effective?
|

Jack Longo
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 15:34:00 -
[2]
anyone..anyone.
bueller
|

Roxanna Kell
BURN EDEN
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:15:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Roxanna Kell on 25/10/2006 16:16:11 you have Accuracy falloff. and optimal. for a t2, one fall off is 60km and optimal is 30. so anything from 0-90 km they are fully effective. you can still use them up to 120km but they re less and less effective.
Signal suppression give you 5% bonus to remote sensor dampers' scan resolution and targeting range suppression. this will reduce the target's locking range and locking speed.
Long distance Jamming: this will increase your Fall Off by 10%, it also effects ECM.
Frequency modulation: this will increase the optimal range by 10% as well.
so getting the above skill, will make you effective at a longer range.
Hope this helps.
Quote: "Don't touch the RED but
|

Jack Longo
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:27:00 -
[4]
great info, thanks!
So how long before these things become the new ECM?
|

Roxanna Kell
BURN EDEN Terra Incognita.
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:36:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Jack Longo great info, thanks!
So how long before these things become the new ECM?
dude, you can buy this skills and train them right away. unless you mean that people will switch.
Quote: "Don't touch the RED b
|

Jack Longo
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:38:00 -
[6]
That's what I meant...that it'll be the new overpowered ecm-type mod.
|

Eskona Runningstar
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 16:39:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Jack Longo great info, thanks!
So how long before these things become the new ECM?
Sensor Dampeners are useful for two scenarios: a) The enemy is far away b) The enemy doesnt have a lock on you yet (at any range)
For scenario a), the sensor dampener will cut the locking range below the distance between the two ships, hence breaking the lock. For scenario b), the sensor dampener will slow down the enemys locking speed so he cant shoot back right away.
ECM on the other hand has only one scenario: c) The enemy cannot lock and loses an existing lock (at any range)
For comparison reason, we split this down to: c1) The enemy cannot lock and loses an existing lock at long range c2) The enemy cannot lock and loses an existing lock at short range
Since ECM is chance-based, sensor dampener scenario a) is always better than ECM scenario c1). This is true now and will be true with Revelations.
Since sensor dampeners at short range cannot break locks, c2) is better than b) - if you cant get a 100% sure way to break a lock, the next best thing is to take a chance breaking the lock. This is also true now and will be true with Revelations.
So the basic rule "Sensor Dampeners for long-range and ECM for short-range engagements" still holds true. Just because the chance to jam is lower after Revelations goes live doesnt mean sensor dampeners suddenly are better for short-range fittings.
I am assuming module use on ships that do not give any bonusses, by the way. Of course nobody will fit Sensor Dampeners on a Scorpion at long range, or ECM on a Celestis.
|

Shemsu Mordus
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 17:06:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Eskona Runningstar
Originally by: Jack Longo great info, thanks!
Since sensor dampeners at short range cannot break locks, c2) is better than b) - if you cant get a 100% sure way to break a lock, the next best thing is to take a chance breaking the lock. This is also true now and will be true with Revelations.
Is this true? I got jumped in a belt by a 'rax while in my Celestis. He warped in at 8.5km and scrammed me before I could warp out. I hit him with all my dampeners (3) and he lost lock and I was able to warp away. I am 95% sure he had a 20k disrupter and while I wasn't looking in the heat of the moment I know he had an MWD on, so I should not have been able to get out of range of a 7.5km scram anyway. I am pretty sure that three dampeners + Celestis bonus should drop lock range to under 2km. That seems pretty viable at short range...
--Mordus
|

Max Hardcase
Art of War Cult of War
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 17:11:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Max Hardcase on 25/10/2006 17:12:52 Thorax doesnt fit Sensor boosters...anything that works @ longer ranges does. Rax has also a crappy base targetting range.
Also the range thing works like this : Within opt range the damps always work. From opt to (opt+falloff) the chance of it working diminishes from 100% to 50% . At opt +2x falloff it has 0% of working.
|

Eskona Runningstar
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2006.10.25 17:52:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Shemsu Mordus (...) Is this true? I got jumped in a belt by a 'rax while in my Celestis. He warped in at 8.5km and scrammed me before I could warp out. I hit him with all my dampeners (3) and he lost lock and I was able to warp away. I am 95% sure he had a 20k disrupter and while I wasn't looking in the heat of the moment I know he had an MWD on, so I should not have been able to get out of range of a 7.5km scram anyway. I am pretty sure that three dampeners + Celestis bonus should drop lock range to under 2km. That seems pretty viable at short range...
--Mordus
Hence my last sentence - the Celestis gets dampening bonusses and does evil things even at short ranges.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |