| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jurskjeld
Minmatar Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:04:00 -
[1]
Taking on Amarr in most Minnies are a dread. They cut through the shield with their laz0rz before I can get a sigh out of my lungs.
So, if you all take into consideration that I am forty days old and that relatively little T2 stuff can be spared (bar Medium shield booster II), what are your advices if I want PvE Amarr?
I KNOW I need Gyros, and I have been told to shield tank (wise against Amarr..?) with Medium shield booster, shield booster amps, a CPR and... what more? Any help is greatly appreciated!  (_berleet ranting about how this is a digital molestation of the Cyclone are auto-ignored, be constructive at least ;)) -- Amarr scum be pushing gas, Caldari dogs are kissing their ***.
Gallente and Minmatar together stand forever as the holy band. |

Twilight Moon
Minmatar Malicious Intentions
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:10:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Twilight Moon on 26/10/2006 09:17:53 Highs: Whatever. Mids: MWD, Web, Scram, 2x RADAR Jammers. Lows: Med Rep, 2x EANM II's and a Plate.
You've got 70% base EM resist on your armour, may as well use it if you know you're up against an Amarr player.
Edit: Whoops, PVE. Umm...
Highs: 220mm A/C's, 3 x Med NOS. Mids: AB, 2 x Web, 2 x Cap Rechargers Lows: Med Rep, 1 x EM Hardener, 2 x Thermal Hardener.
Not really sure to be honest.
...on the other hand using a banana might be a viable alternative.
|

Keitaro Baka
Babylon Scientific and Industrial Enterprises Babylon Project
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:20:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Jurskjeld
So, if you all take into consideration that I am forty days old and that relatively little T2 stuff can be spared (bar Medium shield booster II), what are your advices if I want PvE Amarr?
The OP said pve, so lets not take the scrambler and jammers.. Maybe a tracking compu or some cap recahrgers for your tank
- All the stuff above does not necessarily reflect my corp, my alliance or even me - Pure drone user... give us a mini carrier and faction Typhoon and Dominix please |

Jurskjeld
Minmatar Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:25:00 -
[4]
A webber is completely out of the question, seeing as this is an artymobile, and I basically rely on getting that sonnuwa from a happy distance of 20km+. Below that distance, I have mostly 40m3 of drones to rely on - not quite sure how far that can go, but heck. -- Amarr scum be pushing gas, Caldari dogs are kissing their ***.
Gallente and Minmatar together stand forever as the holy band. |

AsfALT
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:25:00 -
[5]
Hi, Shield tanking against sansha/bloods (amarr as u say) is not the most efectiv way.
If u want to use a cyclo (I think a rupture would be better), fit 3 hardeners 2*EM and 1*Ter. The rest of ur setup depends on what u want to use, artilery or autocannons.
If u don't need fitting modules in low (power diagnostic or reactor control) then put 3*gyro as that will increase ur dmg by alot.
P.S. use pahsed plasma on ur guns and em missiles in the launchers.
Arty setup: HIGH-SLOTS : -5*720mm Howitzer -3*Assault Missile Launcher MED-SLOTS : -Large Shield Booster II -2* 'Anointed' I EM Ward Reinforcement -1*Ditrigonal Thermal Barrier -1*F-b10 Nominal Capacitor LOW-SLOTS : -3*Gyrostabilizer I -1*Damage Control I
U need small drones in ur bay to get rid of frigates and other small stuff.
If u can't use drones an autocannon setup is advisable otherwise u risk getting blown up by frigs and distroyers.
|

Old Geeza
The Retirement Home
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:29:00 -
[6]
the medium rep is also one of the causes of your problems - use a large.
_______________________________________ Sign the petition against jump queues! |

Wilfan Ret'nub
Singularity.
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 09:31:00 -
[7]
For belt ratting, get into a Rupture. DPS is almost the same and armor tank makes you pretty much invincible with 3-4 active EM/Thermal hardeners.
If you're talking about lvl3 missions, 2 EM, 1 Thermal hardeners and perhaps one more PDU in lows should carry you through. ------ No ISK, no fun |

Dahak2150
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 10:59:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Old Geeza the medium rep is also one of the causes of your problems - use a large.
Because fitting a 2000mw unit onto a ship with base 1210pg is viable.

---------- My sig is boring. |

Emeric Wood
Purple Monkey inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 13:02:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Emeric Wood on 26/10/2006 13:03:57 Hi: 5x720mm w/phased plasma M, 3xassault launchers w/flameburst light Mid: T2 Large Shield Booster, invulnerability field, photon scattering field, heat dissipation field Low: 3xPower Diagnostic System, Tracking Enhancer Drones: 4xHammerhead
I'd say the T2 for the large shield booster is almost essential if doing level 3 missions. It's not sustainable, but if you get unlucky and get targeted by a big mob of them, you can boost long enough to get out. If you're taking slightly to much dps you can tank long enough to knock off a few of the higher dps dealing ones. The assault launchers and drones deal with frigs when they get into their close orbits.
You could switch around the tracking enhancer for other things, but there's not enough cpu for a gyrostab or a damage control. I don't really see what else you'd want to fit. Maybe a nano for making the mission slightly quicker. You should still be able to hit the frigs from range without the tracking enhancer using transversal velocity.
Don't use CPR's. They'll gimp your shield tank more than the cap they give you is worth.
I've been running level 3's, and I've had no problem with the missions going against Amarr.
|

Jaketh Ivanes
Amarr 1st Praetorian Guard
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 13:09:00 -
[10]
Since Blood and Sansha (and amarr i guess) do mostly EM damage, you should fit 1 or 2 active EM shield hardners on your ship. If you want to shield tank. I would prefer to armor tank, because you got a basic em resist of 70%.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |