| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Grey Area
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 19:41:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Grey Area on 30/10/2006 19:41:18 Drones are dumb, and it bugs me. The dumbest aspect of their behaviour is their insistence on splitting up to attack different targets, thus making a comparatively weak weapon even weaker.
So...why not allow the Elite Drone AI to be plugged into a drone, making it the master drone? All other drones follow the master drone, attack what it attacks etc. if the master drone is killed, the other drones revert to their dumb behaviour.
I can't take credit for the above idea...it was mentioned to me by Egil Kolsto in a chat channel...I just said I'd post it because I think it's one of the best ideas I heard in ages. --- Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Egil Kolsto
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 22:29:00 -
[2]
For me the main frustration with the dropped item Elite Drone AI is that you can't use it for anything. Combined with the very annoying behaviour of drones not attacking as a unit unless you constantly remind them (ake manually select targets) I thought this would make for a use of the item.
At the current market price of 800k per AI it would make a very decent improvement to the drones and as far as I know not make them over-powered?
Thanks for the post Grey Area!
|

Zarch AlDain
Friends of Everyone
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 23:07:00 -
[3]
Nice idea.
BTW I keep getting agent offers of stuff for the AI chips - so I assume that is where the use is.
Zarch AlDain
|

Grey Area
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 01:15:00 -
[4]
Yes...normally something in the region of 3000 of them...as far a I know only one mission gives them out, at the rate of 4 per mission. Patience IS a virtue. --- Monty Pythons spoof of the EVE Forums; Palin: "Is this the right room for an argument?" Cleese: "I've told you once." |

Zarch AlDain
Friends of Everyone
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 08:20:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Grey Area Yes...normally something in the region of 3000 of them...as far a I know only one mission gives them out, at the rate of 4 per mission. Patience IS a virtue.
Yeeh, I got offered some (quite nice) implants for them.
I had 8 - it wanted 200.
I looked at the current market price (1 mill each) on the drone AIs and turned down the offer...
Zarch AlDain
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |