| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Bruminor III
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 05:47:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Bruminor III on 16/11/2006 05:53:17 Now that fights will last longer, Amarr and Gallente are severely impaired. Gallente and Amarr turrets use cap, so without cap they obviously will become useless.
In my Armageddon, my key to success was killing them before my cap went dead- even before their cap went dead. Even nos-domis usually died fast enough, but now that fights will last longer, that will give ships more time to nos, which will obviously deplete your cap and "I WIN" - no more repair, no more turret firing, nothing - youre dead.
I like Amarr, but I'm disappointed now. It was tough before; PVP is very touchy when flying Amarr because your ENTIRE fight depends on your capacitor - the instant your cap runs out, you die.. where as minmatar and caldari can continue to fire.
I feel like a b- for getting T2 lasers and Amarrian ships. Minmatar are already excellent PVPers; now they are going to absolutely dominate. Caldari are OK, but since they cant tackle and tank very well at the same time, they aren't great for solo engagements.
BTW, cap boosters help but not enough; if Amarr/Gallente are required to use a cap boosters simpy to keep turrets online, they are going to be the underdogs. Like I said before, most Amarr/Gallente fights ended before cap went out, but now all fights will end with depleted cap (since many ships fly with nos, because their are not enough hardpoints).
All IMO.
-- EDIT --
By the way, for the recod, lasers do approximately 15% more damage than projectile turrets, and Amarr ships have the largest Capacitor of all ships - still not a fair trade off.
|

Pattern Clarc
The Priory
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 06:46:00 -
[2]
I think there will be cap increases for all ships. (with peak recharge staying the same) Sig removed lacks EVE content, email [email protected] if you have any questions - Xorus |

Bruminor III
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 17:37:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Bruminor III on 16/11/2006 17:37:57 Well, if that is true then the only problem will be if Armor Repairers/Shield Boosters have an HP raise. If they do; they will still be gimped hardcore. If not; they'll be about where they were before.
If I could get on the forsaken test server, I could check it out! But it's down 24/7/365...
|

Ranger 1
Amarr Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 18:10:00 -
[4]
Rigs
|

Taketa De
Gallente Seneca Federation Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 18:57:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Pattern Clarc I think there will be cap increases for all ships. (with peak recharge staying the same)
It looks that way. Unfortunatly this is a boost to ships that don't use cap unsing weapons sp a relatove nerf to those that do. Personally I think the best solution would be to reduce the cap use of weapons instead of increase cap on all ships... --- The Advanced Drone Control Panel. |

Goumindong
Amarr Merch Industrial
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 19:28:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Ranger 1 Rigs
So Amarr/Gallente use rigs to cut cap use and minmatar use rigs to boost damage.
Unless 3 rigs somehow remove all the cap use from weapons, i dont see how cap using weapons get anything close to a neutral end of this stick.
|

Bruminor III
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 20:14:00 -
[7]
Yeah.. I'm just going to switch to Minmatar. Every other race is f-ed.
|

Vincent Almasy
Gallente The Underground
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 21:03:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Vincent Almasy on 16/11/2006 21:04:24 if you pay the buck you can make amarr usefull, keeping enough cap to perm attack from modules and high skills, as most will now passive shield tank to not even take up any cap to repair themselves. Recharging enough cap for yourself would be stage one, then fitting a nod to counter their nos, only thing that would work, or a full cargo of cap injectors.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |