| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2003.11.11 21:42:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Ermenegildo Zenya on 11/11/2003 21:46:52 I am really curious why textures for skinning both Megathron and Thorax are in such a low resolution comparing to any other ship visible in EVE. I am owner of both of them and I'd love to see them as eye-catching as simple Gallente shuttle which is the closest to perfection. Hope to get any response from u or the Devs. Maybe someone knows where to find replacing textures to put in stuff files or how to prepare beeter ones.
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

Juan Andalusian
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 14:44:00 -
[2]
Hehe you need to catch Tortifrans attention about this one.
Thorax and Megathron should have the resolution that Dominix's skin has. Very well detailed.
**Pain is meant to be felt** |

TomB
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 15:22:00 -
[3]
I put TorfiFrans's attention to this, thank you for your feedback.
"Where is my hat?" |

HostageTaker
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 15:57:00 -
[4]
Quote: I put TorfiFrans's attention to this, thank you for your feedback.
YES! At last! Now all we have to do is wait another 2-3 months before they add a high-rez skin for both ships!
Good job. 
|

StiZum Hilidii
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 16:16:00 -
[5]
true the domi looks so much better in terms of skin than the mega STAN
FACTA NON VERBA |

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 17:30:00 -
[6]
O...M...G... Tomb... Please don't tell me that none of u haven't realized that those skins are of lower quality... It's like this since release, despite that I am happy and satisfied that u - Tomb - have answered to many threads in last week. Hope that those skins will be implemented in next patch :)
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

ga'ia
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 17:32:00 -
[7]
Quote: I put TorfiFrans's attention to this, thank you for your feedback.
YESSS! YES!!! After months of nagging it finally got some attention!!      *havnt been this excited on a long time* __________________________________________________________ |

Andrew Jade
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 18:32:00 -
[8]
Its great, it seems devs are listening !!!!!!! I mean BIG thanks to mr Tomb this week, hes really listened to the players this week, about hybrids and ammo sizes etc. Thanks man.
-AJ-
WTB: Large faction smartbomb with good range. Top isk paid.
|

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2003.11.12 20:05:00 -
[9]
Yes, It's a sign of forthcoming changes. I hope that this time it will be different, better and all given words will be fulfilled... Way to go Tomb and the rest of DEV team.
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

Reiisha
|
Posted - 2003.11.13 08:56:00 -
[10]
Woohoo! A wish come true! (In a ew months that is)
Gamersland.nl, DE site voor PC gaming! |

Darklogan
|
Posted - 2003.11.14 11:34:00 -
[11]
Well the texture of megathrone is exactly 4 times smaller then the dominix one if i remember well.
|

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2003.12.21 03:52:00 -
[12]
Hmmm - so here we are - Castor was introduced and nothing was done to put those better textures ingame... Is it such a big problem with that... If it is -I can offer my help and prepare better texture . All u need to do is to allow the client to show those high res textures on both Thorax and Megathron = cos now the biggest possible size is 512x512 comparing to common 1024x1024. Hope u will really get this thing done cos it's sad to fly such ships... surrounded by hi-res environment... I will keep posting to this topic - to keep it on the top cos i don't like what is happening - or better to say - what isn't...
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

Pojo
|
Posted - 2003.12.21 09:46:00 -
[13]
I think minmatar shuttle needs some attention too looks like blurry crap 
"Caldari capacity for good is only exceeded by our capacity for evil"
|

Nexos II
|
Posted - 2003.12.21 16:11:00 -
[14]
\O/ wohoo...now i'm really excited when the mega and thorax won't look like something some kid coloured with crayons =) --- Your 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I perfectly strikes Guristas Conquistador, wrecking for 969.6 damage. |

Trixian
|
Posted - 2003.12.22 07:52:00 -
[15]
Heh, while you're at it, you might want to take a look at the environment and phong maps used to reflect and shade the ships and other various objects. Their coordinate space is locked to the camera, and thus don't truely behave like reflections. These should be locked to the world coordinate space so tumbling the camera arround doesn't affect the origins as they do now.  |

Slave Miner
|
Posted - 2003.12.23 21:03:00 -
[16]
Quote: Heh, while you're at it, you might want to take a look at the environment and phong maps used to reflect and shade the ships and other various objects. Their coordinate space is locked to the camera, and thus don't truely behave like reflections. These should be locked to the world coordinate space so tumbling the camera arround doesn't affect the origins as they do now. 
Agreed, the specularity map should be set 'to world' instead of to the camera.
Also the trail for the scorpion is off by aprox. 32 units (going by a scale of 128^3 units).
|

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2003.12.26 21:29:00 -
[17]
Hmmm, so i can see from what is happening with this topic that Tomb wanted only to shut us with his statement - so from now on i will bump this topic as long as it will be needed...
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2003.12.27 23:42:00 -
[18]
BUMP
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

Atandros
|
Posted - 2003.12.28 18:39:00 -
[19]
Quote: Well the texture of megathrone is exactly 4 times smaller then the dominix one if i remember well.
"Just" twice, actually.  I've made some textures for a number of ships, and wanted to ask Torfi if the Eve community could get UV maps for the ships so we could get skinning and make textures at any resolution...that's been on the back burner for a while, but I just spotted this topic. I might send in an email.
|

Gerome Doutrande
|
Posted - 2003.12.31 11:31:00 -
[20]
I would just like to point out that I would never post just to "bump" a topic or what you people call it.
|

Ermenegildo Zenya
|
Posted - 2004.01.03 01:09:00 -
[21]
I hate it as well nut that's the only way that issue won't "dissapear" until someone powerful enough will take care of this issue - for me it's crucial - and so easy to make...
"Log-in trap" is baaad, mkay?
Chimera Core Commander
Human Resources Coordinator |

ZeroMinus
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 05:36:00 -
[22]
It would appear that this thread disappeared. So I am bringing it back. I wonder since we aren't alowd to customize the appearance of out ships, is there a way to use skins? Just another dumb question expecting a dumb answer... ---------------------------------------------- -= Proud Member of Phoenix Alliance =- |

ZeroMinus
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 05:36:00 -
[23]
It would appear that this thread disappeared. So I am bringing it back. I wonder since we aren't alowd to customize the appearance of out ships, is there a way to use skins? Just another dumb question expecting a dumb answer... ---------------------------------------------- -= Proud Member of Phoenix Alliance =- |

Winnux
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:30:00 -
[24]
holy crap 8 month old post
|

Winnux
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:30:00 -
[25]
holy crap 8 month old post
|

Serocca
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:47:00 -
[26]
Has this " issue " been fixed or not ?

|

Serocca
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:47:00 -
[27]
Has this " issue " been fixed or not ?

|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:55:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Serocca Has this " issue " been fixed or not ?

Yes, about 7-8 months ago.
ZeroMinus: Yes you can, I don't think it's really allowed though. Google and you shall (might) find.
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2004.07.02 08:55:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Serocca Has this " issue " been fixed or not ?

Yes, about 7-8 months ago.
ZeroMinus: Yes you can, I don't think it's really allowed though. Google and you shall (might) find.
|

Dreez
|
Posted - 2004.07.03 02:59:00 -
[30]
Megathron and thorax arent the only ships that suffers from ccp¦s lazyness when it comes to the surfase of the ships. The Scorpion still has the size of a cruiser after over 1 year of retail. The true size of the scorpion is about the same size and the armageddon , but ccp choosed to give the scorpion the size of a cruiser... witch i dont understand why.
'Trying to argue logically with Evol is like trying to teach a pig to dance. It only makes you look foolish and really annoys the pig ' - Duke Droklar [OC]
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |