| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Darlim
|
Posted - 2006.11.30 08:26:00 -
[1]
Hello all,
Although I have played for a few months, it was quite some time ago, so felt my post was best suited here, as I remember very little, makes me a newb again I guess.
Anyway, I have been looking through my skill tree and at my last few skills I learned, and it seems I was gearing up for the move to Battle Cruiser.
I currently have a few Thorax which are setup with rails and heavily armour dependent, extra 1600mm and repairer II, cap relays etc. I vaguely remember armour being the prefered choice for Gallente. Why I chose this configuration I can't remember exactly, but I'll go with it for now.
With regards to BC, which I seem to have been preparing for, should I wait until I have access to all tech II items before making the switch? I have electronics IV on training at the minute, to get access to tech II caps etc and will probably do guns shortly after. Will this be sufficient to switch to BC and be able to use it with some sort of effectiveness, or will I just be making my self a big target?
|

Johann Jeneau
|
Posted - 2006.11.30 09:42:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Johann Jeneau on 30/11/2006 09:42:40 I can't advise you on the BC thing because i never used one, but i guess with the new improvements made to them it will be possible to be more effective with one with less skills.
I only use Cruisers, nothing bigger/better/meaner then that. I'll stuck to them until i have really really good skills, and then i'll move to a recon ship.
With the new stats i'll probably use a BC too in certain ocasions.
And yes, Gallente are more into armor
|

Pyrasanth
|
Posted - 2006.11.30 09:48:00 -
[3]
I think armour tanking Gallente is preferable because of the slot configuration. You have more lows so therefore you can build a more effective tank. Caldari have more mids so its effective more to build a shield tank.
Depending on what you are doing, moving to a BC could be a very good idea even without T2 equipment. From my own experience moving to one enabled me to do level 3s which I wouldn't have been able to do in my Cruiser. I didnt have any T2 stuff for a while after.
If its PVP I think the Thorax is one of the strongest ships you can fly in that arena.
|

Asestorian
Minmatar Dark Centuri Inc. Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.11.30 10:11:00 -
[4]
For PvE the BC would be a good choice. As was said, level 3 missions are much easier in a BC than in a Cruiser. However PvP (though with rails I would say you were doing PvE anyway) the thorax would be a better choice, as its cheaper.
---
---
|

Darlim
|
Posted - 2006.11.30 11:09:00 -
[5]
Thanks for the replies.
I am indeed doing PvE have no intentions of trying PvP until I am a lot more advanced in my skills, only level 3 on most, some lvl 4's.
It will be a few more weeks training at least until I do make the switch, im gradually working my way back up the missions from level 1 to get a feel for it again, I'd rather walk lvl 1's and take my time getting back to my main mission guys than risk a ship or 2 on the harder ones I got to before.
Many thanks.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |