| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

HankMurphy
Pelennor Swarm Eternal Rangers of Terror
|
Posted - 2006.12.01 10:46:00 -
[1]
here is the idea:
so many ppl would like to have a way to fly their ships in a more conventional manner that what we do now. Old fasioned piloting if you will.
Well, if what we had now was changed for it, it would straight ruin the game. Or throw many ppl off it. But why replace something when you can simply add to it?
Planetary vehicles could be an option here. Also a combat viable option i think could be made, though to what degree would be sensative.
I would purpose that you could simply fly a vehicle and associate another pilot to your ship. That pilot would be able to control drones (or fighters) in this combat and be given the default combat specs of said vehicle no matter their skill level.
A further option could be to have control ships able to enter the battlefield. Pilots could dock any frigate class ship and then have out of pod piloting ability over that ship while aboard the control ship. Pop the control ship, few/several ppl waking up as clones
would be pretty **** sweet. and it is viable, dont go thinking this is impossible, it has been done in somewhat relative scenarios
|

Cassius Firebrand
Caldari Dark Horizons
|
Posted - 2006.12.01 10:56:00 -
[2]
Docking to carriers and remote piloting one of its fighters would be awesome
|

Protunia
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.12.01 11:02:00 -
[3]
I think the game would be better with true flight as an option. Some people like to be involved when playing alittle bit more.
The next gen MMO's are starting to go into this type of thing. Real time playing like a FPS.
Certian crowds will love it and some people will hate it. My Character Stats
|

M Mother
|
Posted - 2006.12.01 16:27:00 -
[4]
I guess soon anohter spacegame will arive there you can walk around in station and fly ships with joystick, if ccp doesn't watch out they will be left behind
|

Aion Amarra
Minmatar Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.12.01 23:17:00 -
[5]
Originally by: M Mother I guess soon anohter spacegame will arive there you can walk around in station and fly ships with joystick, if ccp doesn't watch out they will be left behind
CCP is working on walking on stations, silly. =) ________ Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off his horse." and "I helped my uncle jack off his horse."
Help the horses, make proper use of that shift button. |

Reggie Stoneloader
eXceed Inc. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.12.01 23:28:00 -
[6]
EvE's an old game, by MMO standards. I don't think it can keep up forever, and I'm sure CCP has plans to do more than keep EvE on life support into the next decade. I hope there is another space MMO with neat new features for us to play, but I don't hope EvE get frankensteined beyond recognition in an attempt to please everyone. -------------- Civis Ascendant Sum |

eeeweeezeee
Lunar Dawn DIES IRAE.
|
Posted - 2006.12.02 07:07:00 -
[7]
I would love to be able to have dog fights and hot rodded fighters and all that, just like games such as WING COMMANDER and STAR LANCER. these are some of my all time favorite space flight games. I especially like fleet battles in these games where you get to bomb the capital ships, and also defend them by shooting down incoming torpedoes and such. reminds me, I gotta dust off the old PacBell with its 166mhz processor and play these games again.
|

Aion Amarra
Minmatar Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.12.02 10:59:00 -
[8]
Originally by: eeeweeezeee I would love to be able to have dog fights and hot rodded fighters and all that, just like games such as WING COMMANDER and STAR LANCER. these are some of my all time favorite space flight games. I especially like fleet battles in these games where you get to bomb the capital ships, and also defend them by shooting down incoming torpedoes and such. reminds me, I gotta dust off the old PacBell with its 166mhz processor and play these games again.
Get yourself Freespace 2. It got all the stuff you mentioned and runs on todays computers just fine. =)
That said, the Wing Commander games were awesome, yes. Even though I only played II and IV. ________ Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off his horse." and "I helped my uncle jack off his horse."
Help the horses, make proper use of that shift button. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |