| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Anim
|
Posted - 2003.06.03 15:34:00 -
[1]
If you get stuttering gameplay every few seconds then I have found its down to two senerios.
1. You have people and places open all the time 2. You open people and places while the scanner is also open.
To stop the stuttering make sure that after using people and places you close the dialog.
Never have both people and places and the scanner open at same time.
If you get the stuttering then you need to relog and repsect the above work-around.
Anim
|

Demangel
|
Posted - 2003.06.04 09:31:00 -
[2]
Also I have found if your stuttering shortly after killing something, or a major graphics change happens, try panning your camera around (specifically AWAY from the new object, or what blew up), then Pan right back after a second or two.
Every single time this has cleared up at least THAT form of stuttering for me. Basically I'm saying look away for maybe 2-5 seconds, then look back stutter should be gone.
PS this has nothing to do with the problems identified by the first poster, but it does seem to be a related issue.
Hope this helps.
Galaxion > If you drove a car shaped like a thorax women would call you Demangel > Dude... I would call.. Demangel > wait that sounded g@y I bet. Galaxion > Just a bit.
|

Morpheus Siranus
|
Posted - 2003.06.04 14:17:00 -
[3]
By stuttering I'm assuming you're referring to the occasional problem of ships backing up in space and time out of the blue. Like I'll be coming out of warp to a station and then it'll suddenly backup and come out of warp again........is that what you're referring to? If it is, then I'll try your work around cause I always leave my bookmarks open.
Edited by: Morpheus Siranus on 04/06/2003 14:17:36 --------------------------------------------- "People can always be counted on to assert, with vigor, their God given right to be stupid!" - Dean Koontz |

Demangel
|
Posted - 2003.06.06 11:00:00 -
[4]
Morph thats not stuttering, thats lag ;) Hehehe, which sucks also, but requires a totaly different prescription to fix it... And in many cases, isn't fixable at all client side.
For the time being at least, I am just dealing with it, especialy since most of the time Lag is nowhere NEAR as bad as some folks say it is... Least not for me anyway, who knows what it's like on 56K though... :(
Galaxion > If you drove a car shaped like a thorax women would call you Demangel > Dude... I would call.. Demangel > wait that sounded g@y I bet. Galaxion > Just a bit.
|

Mr nStuff
|
Posted - 2003.06.09 03:43:00 -
[5]
I created a new Calderi Navy character today.. And I was getting 10 to 15 second hangs with only 5 seconds in between them. The game was impossible to play.
The Calderi Navy School had 200+ players in the corp channel.. This shouldn't be a problem.. I usually have two help channels and one trade channel open at all times. And that's like 500 people chatting with no lag.
How I fixed it. First I unfortunately had to download all 4500 corp members JUST to get my name on the list, so that I could eject from the corp.
Leaving the navy newb corp fixed the problem.
5 R&D Agents, 10months, Zero BPO Offers.. Onboard navigational [Planetary Avoidance] computer.
My account will be suspended at the end of the current play period. Expires on 19. September 2004 |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |