Strata Maslav wrote:As a proud owner of the ship with the coolest transformation in the game I would love to see it restored to being the pride of the mining technology. I would like to see more sieged Rorquals actually in belts where they belong.
I proposal is the allow Rorqual to active his cloak when using the Industrial Core. This would not mean the Rorqual would be invulnerable to gank, if an interceptor landed on grid before the Rorqual cloaked it would be easily decloaked and any cans sitting near the ship would prevent cloaking or show where it had cloaked.
So, if you are going to do that, why not just make it so that the boosting Rorqual is not locked in place by the Industrial Core? In other words, get rid of the mining boost bonus on the Industrial Core. Then make it so that mining boosts no longer work inside the POS shields. It would be nice if the next step after that was to make it so that boosts only worked on grid (or as a targeted module, as you and I have discussed elsewhere).
The next step after that is to give a Rorqual pilot a real reason to expose his ship and lock it in place for five minutes at a time. Various ideas have been kicked around. You could make it so that the Rorqual could tractor beam asteroids to bring them closer to the mining ships. You could also make the Rorqual do something else to the asteroids to make them easier to mine.
Perhaps if there were mining complexes, which had to be scanned down, and inside of them there were very valuable ores, but also very volatile ores, and the only way to keep the miners alive was to remote repair them with capital remote shield reps? Then, people hunting miners would at least have to bring probes. If the Industrial Core increased sensor strength considerably and made it hard to scan down the Rorqual, then it might have a fighting chance. Still, I admit, I'm stretching.
I don't really have any great ideas on this topic, because although I have owned a Rorqual for several months, I have never used it for mining. I'd like to see it become more useful, because it is a great looking ship.