| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Slade Carter
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 05:13:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Slade Carter on 15/12/2006 05:13:55 I'd first like to thank CCP for making an amazing game.
I'm on my first day of the trial. I currently posses the following -
Gallente Atron 125mm Railgun I x2 Civ AB Civ Shield Civ Armor Repair Hobgoblin Scout Drone
This is my second Atron [my first being uninsured >_<]. I have about 200k. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? Buy new skills? Save for a Tristan? Save?
|

Sandeep
Caldari Raptus Regaliter
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 06:11:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Slade Carter Edited by: Slade Carter on 15/12/2006 05:13:55 I'd first like to thank CCP for making an amazing game.
I'm on my first day of the trial. I currently posses the following -
Gallente Atron 125mm Railgun I x2 Civ AB Civ Shield Civ Armor Repair Hobgoblin Scout Drone
This is my second Atron [my first being uninsured >_<]. I have about 200k. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? Buy new skills? Save for a Tristan? Save?
Get into the habit of improving either shield or armor as soon as possible - armor, for your ship type. Based on the description, blasters are better for Atron. Skill-wise, you should improve defensive (Mechanics for you), offensive (Gunnery), speed (Navigation), and fitting (Engineering and Electronics). Try to get the non-civilian versions of what you are using. What's in your second low slot?
|

Slade Carter
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 07:43:00 -
[3]
I don't have anything in that last bottom slot left. >_< Are Gallente better armor tanks or shield tanks?
I'd like to thank TTIGER, who logged on and taught me a lot of things.
|

Khalm
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 07:49:00 -
[4]
gallente ships are armor tankers.
--------------------------- Khalm's lazorz say pew pew |

Marine HK4861
Caldari Seoltachd
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 07:51:00 -
[5]
Generally, Gallente ships armour tank, but it's very much specific to the ship you're flying.
Try getting an armour plate into that last low slot or an armour hardener (I appreciate that you're early into your trial, but it'll give you something to aim for. )
|

Krystalena
Shadows of the Dead Xelas Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 16:00:00 -
[6]
Good luck Slade, glad to see you're here and enjoying it! The game is *VERY* deep. And by *VERY* I mean *VERY VERY VERY*. And by *VERY VERY VERY* .. ok you get the picture.
That being said, I know there's alot to learn, but hang in there and you'll be flying a battleship before you know it!.
|

Billy Sastard
Amarr Zephyr Enterprises Inc. Astral Wolves
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 16:43:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Billy Sastard on 15/12/2006 16:45:57 "Where to go from here"
...........
THAT is the eternal question in EVE, and I ask myself that every time I log in!
That is also the best aspect of the game, so many different things to do, the world (universe?) is your oyster!
~edit~ Read some of the replys, this comment begged for me to respond:
Quote: hang in there and you'll be flying a battleship before you know it!.
DO NOT! I repeat do not, fall into the all too common trap of beliveing "Battleship = I-Win". While flying a battleshup is a viable career choice, it is not the be-all end-all of eve. You can have tons of fun and never learn to fly anything but frigates! There are elite class frigates which have awesome statistics which are great fun to fly, and you can spend a couple years of playtime focusing on being the very very best frigate pilot possible. It all depends on where you want to go in this game. -=^=-
|

Morlar
|
Posted - 2006.12.15 16:57:00 -
[8]
I second Billy.
If you've played other MMOs, you may fall into the trap thinking that ship classes relate to levels, with frigates being low level, cruisers and battlecruisers mid level and battleships high level. (with carriers and Titans being "end game")
While there is some bit of truth to that, especially if you focus on running missions as your primary activity, each class of ship has broad uses throughout your career. And as Billy points out, each base class of ship has special "Tech 2" versions that are often very powerful and specialized.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |