| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Baelmon
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 20:42:00 -
[1]
I have searched these forums, but almost all the stuff I find is very old. Could someone please give a standard, non-group, solo player (for now) Malediction Setup that would be good for PvE, and if I was in low sec and got caught by a priate or if I wanted to go out and hunt pirates I could hold my own. Thanks in advance.
Baelmon - Amarrian Pilot Current Ship: Executioner |

Kharakan
Amarr Morticus Impendium
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 21:11:00 -
[2]
To be perfectly honest, you want an AF for soloing. I fly inties and AF's but the AF is far superior.
Originally by: Joshua Foiritain (to Dark Shikari) HAHAHA I KNOW YOUR ACCOUUNT NAME TIME TO DIE
this signature space is claimed in the name of eris, haha I got to him first. neeneer
|

Baelmon
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 21:45:00 -
[3]
Unfortunately, I like how the Malediction looks, and I am a slave to fashion. I will be using a Malediction as the skills I have been training since I started are leading up to being able to use one as soon as possible.
Anyway, here is what I was thinking for fittings. Any advice is appreciated other than the type above telling me to use another ship. If I have made any glaring mistakes or left out something really important please let me know. Also, if there is anything else that I may want to train in so I could swap out items depending on what I am specifically doing then let me know that as well. Thanks in advance!
High: Dual Light Pulse Laser II Dual Light Pulse Laser II Dual Light Pulse Laser II 'Arbalest' Standard Missile Launcher
Medium: Warp Scrambler II Stasis Webifier II 1MN MicroWarpdrive II
Low: Micro Auxiliary Power Core I Co-Processor II Capacitor Power Relay II
Baelmon - Amarrian Pilot Current Ship: Executioner |

Vharing
Amarr Madhatters Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 22:04:00 -
[4]
With noobish skills like mine, the inty is the best type of ship i can fly. (or will be able to fly in three days). I realize AF's are better suited for this type of work but there has to be a respectable setup for the Malediction to solo in low sec.
I'm assuming: Hi 2x guns (type?) 1x rocket 1x nos Med AB, Web, Scram Lo WCS, hardener (plate?), repper
Of course this comes from guessing/tinkering on Quickfit. I run the same sort of setup on my Tristan for this very purpose with wonderful results. I want the Malediction to do the same only with a little more style.
Any veterans with advice other than "Don't do this?"
Aww Luke... That isn't no Space Toy... |

Baelmon
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.12.23 22:31:00 -
[5]
Just a note on my setup above, I'd like to drop all those lows for more functional items once my skills are good enough to get rid of them, and I need advice on what to aim for in those spots when possible.
Baelmon - Amarrian Pilot Current Ship: Executioner |

Baelmon
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:22:00 -
[6]
No experienced Malediction pilots have any advice?
Baelmon - Amarrian Pilot Current Ship: Executioner |

DrEiak
Amarr IONSTAR Curatores Veritatis Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 00:57:00 -
[7]
Pick me! for PvE, get yourself a different ship :P The DPS is attrocious on a malediction.
ALSO all those low slot configs i have seen suck:
You really only have two options for fitting a malediction you can run an afterburner, or a MWD. If you opt for the microwarpdrive there is NO REASON you should fit turrets, because they will be useless, so go for 2x missle launchers, also you should fit a cap power relay and 2x inertial stabs.
If your going to fly it with an AB, your gonna need your sig radius to stay low, you can opt for turrets/and or guns, but in reality your not going to get much DPS out of this ship. You can peak your speed at just under 1500m/s and running an AB you MAY consider an armor rep, but this ship aint gonna tank at all.
AFs are most definatly NOT superior to inties, I think inties are better ships, HOWEVER, AF's will be better PvE hands down.
I also HIGHLY recommend not using inties as a solo ship, small gangs, or fleets are good, solo not IMPOSSIBLE, but i dont recommend, since your job is to takle and DPS isnt going to be great no matter what you do, have faith in your sig radius but not in your paper hull :)
|

Constantine Arcanum
Gallente IMPERIAL SENATE Pure.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 01:17:00 -
[8]
Malediction's good for PVP, awful for PVE.
Anyway:
3x Gatling Pulse II 1x 1mn MWD II, 7.5k warp disruptor, web 2x heatsink II, 1x inertial stab
There isnt a tank because you're flying at ludicrous speed, and if you DO get hit you're screwed regardless. I helped - Cortes What a shiny and lovely place here - Eshtir Well lets make it a party atleast :D -Xorus RAWWWR!11!!1!2 SIG HIJACK!!11!1 I found it first, get orrrfff moiiii laaannnd - Cortes |

Baelmon
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 01:23:00 -
[9]
If I were to try to use a Malediction for PvE, what would be the best PvE setup? I assume both of those above setups are for PvP as I don't think I need a disruptor for PvE.
I also like the Crusader's design, is that a better craft for PvE? If so, what would be good for a PvE Crusader setup?
Baelmon - Amarrian Pilot Current Ship: Executioner |

Constantine Arcanum
Gallente IMPERIAL SENATE Pure.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 01:32:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Baelmon If I were to try to use a Malediction for PvE, what would be the best PvE setup? I assume both of those above setups are for PvP as I don't think I need a disruptor for PvE.
I also like the Crusader's design, is that a better craft for PvE? If so, what would be good for a PvE Crusader setup?
Well... If you are insistent on using it for PVE you could try fitting an AB and medium pulse lasers to it, along with cap power relays and a small armour repairer.
An AF would be much more suitable however. I helped - Cortes What a shiny and lovely place here - Eshtir Well lets make it a party atleast :D -Xorus RAWWWR!11!!1!2 SIG HIJACK!!11!1 I found it first, get orrrfff moiiii laaannnd - Cortes |

Versa Scout
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 02:23:00 -
[11]
I have never used (and would never think of using a Malediction for PvE). Honestly, For PvE (assuming Missions) Interceptors arent really that great for anything more than LvL 2's. I do LvL 3 missions in my sleep in my Retribution Assault Frig, tho, so if you want to mission, get an AF.
Solo/Group Malediction PvP setup:
3x Dual Light Pulse II's 1x E5 Nos
1x 1MN MWD II 1x X5 Web 1x 7.5km Scram
1x Small armor rep (Use sparingly, or after the fight if you survive) 1x MAPC (+10 flat PG) 1x Heatsink II
Note: I do not post my ship fittings with my main. Im paranoid...
|

Baelmon
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 05:26:00 -
[12]
Hmm, well I just looked and I don't mind the look of the Retribution, lol I know it is such a horrible way to pick my ships, but I just can't stand the asymmetrical design of a lot of the ships. Anyway, will take yer advice and use a Retribution for missions and a Malediction for PvP when I am so inclined to seek that out or join a corporation that does that kind of stuff. Thanks for the help.
Baelmon - Freelance Amarrian Pilot |

Versa Scout
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 06:10:00 -
[13]
I would just like to add a little disclaimer. When I said I could "sleep" through lvl 3 missions in my Retri, I meant it as a hyperbole. Here is the truth of the matter:
I was able to complete (not as efficiently as a Battleship, mind you) MOST lvl 3 missions PRERevelations. The only pre-rev mission that gave me trouble was 'Massive Attack' (I worked for Caldari Navy).
I say "pre-rev" because honestly, I havent done a mission in about 2 months or so. Too busy out in 0.0
|

Vharing
Amarr Madhatters Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 22:30:00 -
[14]
Originally by: DrEiak I also HIGHLY recommend not using inties as a solo ship, small gangs, or fleets are good, solo not IMPOSSIBLE, but i dont recommend, since your job is to takle and DPS isnt going to be great no matter what you do, have faith in your sig radius but not in your paper hull :)
On second thought, "Don't do this" is perfectly understandable advice. By not heeding it i'm risking alot of hard earned isk. My lines of thinking were that the inty is better than anything i'm currently flying since it is a T2 ship. So, obviously, it should be able to do what i normally do, solo ratting and mission running. Common sense says i'm wrong.
Time to start training those AF skills!
Aww Luke... That isn't no Space Toy... |

Litus Arowar
Amarr Obsidian Asylum Pure.
|
Posted - 2006.12.24 22:58:00 -
[15]
for straight out ratting, if you're in dark blood space, a crusader will do the job quite well
4xGatling2 (scorch/conflag) 1xAB2 1xSAR2 3xHS2
about 215 DPS with conflag (that's raw DPS), but you won't hit anything smaller than BSs with conflag... scorch will still do decent damage (~170 DPS) which won't break BS tanks, but will pop frigs and probably cruisers
you won't be using the repper, and if you get nossed, your AB should still work (or you'll be able to refire it pretty quickly)
again, if you're taking damage NPCing in a belt, you're doing it wrong, and will soon get pwned... they should rarely hit you, and almost never get you into armor (depends on the spawn here)
I've taken the toughest dark blood spawns I've run into with this ship, surviving repeated nossing, and so forth... but this was all pre-revelations, and I'm not sure how it'd be right now
Albert Anastacia> Like they say, adapt or die. I adapted and now I get to Iwinbutton all over everyones face. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |