| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Zoe Sedai
|
Posted - 2006.12.28 20:55:00 -
[1]
So I just started a mining alt with the intent of focusing on ice mining in a Retreiver at first, and eventually ending up in a Mackinaw for ice and a Hulk for everything else.
What I want to know is this: how profitble is mining ice/other deep 0.0 ores? The long cycle on ice makes me glad to have this character to rat/run sec while it's going, but beyond helping my corp is it really worth it to mine? What type of income should I roughly expect per hour in a Retriever and eventually a Mackinaw?
Thanks!
|

APEXrevived
Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2006.12.28 21:13:00 -
[2]
i'm no expert on mining, i prefer to shoot the pirates NEXT to the asteroids, but if you have access to good ore you can make 20m + per hour easily.
I thought since this game is called Eve that I'd play a female character. Is that a good enough excuse for a guy? |

Talionis
|
Posted - 2006.12.28 21:34:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Talionis on 28/12/2006 21:34:50 The most valuable ice you will find is located in all 0.0 that I know of and is called Dark Glitter. Dark Glitter is worth around 1mil/pc. The Mackinaw mining Dark Glitter would get then, 4mil every ten minutes, which is very good as far as hisec and even lowsec ores go.
However the real money is made in mining 0.0 ore. A Hulk with t2 strips and t2 Arknor cyrstals will make 10s of millions in an hour (I have no actual experience and I'm too lazy to run the numbers but it very well could be that you could make hundreds of mils as well). Also, take a Skiff out there and do some Mecroxit mining and you'll be a billionaire within a solid week of mining.
However, 0.0 is not user-friendly and I would reccomend a corporation with BS pilots guarding you at all times in 0.0. Not only that, but logistics is a nightmare when mining in a Hulk. Have an Itty V with t2 expanders in the lows handy because otherwise you'll be hauling your ore for hours.
So in essence, it is the most profitable thing to do in the game, but you can't do it viably on your own.
|

Vizgoth
|
Posted - 2006.12.28 21:41:00 -
[4]
Mining Bistot, Arkonor, Crokite in 0.0 is very profitable. Your best bet is 3 or more accounts though. To max profits you will need a tank, a hauler, and a barge. I mine with 4 accounts- 2 hulks, Apoc/Abadon for tank, and an itteron V for hauler and with just 3-4 hours a day of mining (sometimes less) I can bring in about 1 billion isk a week (that also depends on how fast the minerals sell and when I can get them to empire to sell). I use my profit to buy GTC's for all my accounts (also have a mission runner account and pvp account).
For Ice mining I use 3 Mackinaws and 1 hauler and I mine it in empire and then transport it to sell in 0.0. Mining regular high end ore is more profitable then mining Ice in my experience.
|

Zoe Sedai
|
Posted - 2006.12.28 21:54:00 -
[5]
Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm in an industrial corp, and that this character (Zoe) Will be tanking in a Domi for my miner and hauling some if it's just the two chars and not a corp op.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |