
Scrindle Kavees
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.12 13:46:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hi all,
I first started playing in 2005, trained up my first character which was basically a typical ack of all trades, master of none type. Started up a new account after that for specialisation and dumped the old character into an Archon with basically maxed skills by the time I sold him.
Second account was a HAC/Recon/Command specialist with 3 races maxed (Amarr/Gallente/Minmatar) for ship skills, T2 weapons, T2 drones, support skills, etc...
I then had another account which was a dedicated level 4 pilot with a faction fit Nightmare and again almost maxed skills.
I then got bored of Eve and stopped playing about a year and a half ago now. Came back, can't log into my account and my characters aren't in the corps I left them in. A mate of mine is also coming back to Eve having terminated his characters (idiot!) and we figure it's an opportunity to start from scratch.
I can see that a HELL of a lot has changed in the past year or so, and another large expansion has literally just hit Tranquility.
Are Amarr still a viable PVP race? Before I left I used to roam in Amarr or Gallente recons and command ships (didn't really use Matari that much after the speed nerf to be honest).
I don't want to invest time into this character only to find out that Amarr are not currently competetive as they once were.
I'm open to suggestions, and just to give you some idea of where I'm going I'm planning on skilling up to an Abaddon once again to give myself a mission platform, followed by hardcore T2 cruiser/BC training once again, probably cross training over to Gallente when appropriate. Alliance warfare doesn't interest me, low sec/0.0 roaming all the way (assuming that's still possible...).
Thanks for any help!
P.S. What are people typically doing RE neural remaps these days? I see all attributes are basically the same and race/bloodline/education doesn't seem to make an ounce of difference at all regarding your starting attributes or skills. I also note that once again we start with 50k skillpoints and not 800k+ *sad face |