| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Hauler McTote
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 04:18:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Hauler McTote on 08/01/2007 04:18:26 Excuse my ignorance, but I was hoping to find a clear answer to the disparity between Podding sec hits versus not Podding.
For instance suppose a guy has a sec status of 2.0. How much pew pew pew can I *cough*, HE get away with without podding, possibly interspersed by some BS 0.0 rat kills. Go ahead and assume I dont give a damn one way or another about Kill Boards. (which tbh, KB seems a bit like cutting notches in your firearm in a war...just seems a bit juvenile and unprofessional, but thats just me.)
The flip side..how BIG a hit is killing a Pod again? Thanks beforehand. |

Na'Kunni
Amarr Warped Mining
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 04:23:00 -
[2]
its usually not pod, the sec hit for killing a pod in low sec is just to much tbh (if you want to get to outlaw status quick enough, then pod pod pod pod)... but if you wanna maintain a nice sec but still kill, i would of jus blown the ship up, an leave it as that...
Originally by: Rann Antares has 3 legs, missing and eye and castrated by a barbed wire fence;
answers to the nickname of "Lucky"
|

Zardenim
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 04:34:00 -
[3]
Sec drop for agressing in lowsec is -.05, for podding it's like -12.0 or -12.5.
Assuming you're BS ratting every now and then to keep your sec over -2.0 then you could last a very long time.
Podded for the first time today. Absolutely nasty sec hit. 
|

tiller
MAFIA Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 06:04:00 -
[4]
I made a little program a while back to work this stuff out.. I can't remember if it's 100% accurate but does give a idea of how the figures stack.
http://www.piratecoalition.com/SecStatCalc.zip
|

tiller
MAFIA Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 06:07:00 -
[5]
You can see straight away it only take like 6 pod kill to go from 0.0 to below -5. If you have already 2.0 sxec status it makes very little difference giving you just a extra '1 pod'.
The reason for this is all based on percentage difference between the max and min sec status's you can reach. Sec status falls expodentially...
|

Hauler McTote
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 06:16:00 -
[6]
Quote: podding it's like -12.0 or -12.5.
That's a truly nasty hit.
Thanks for all the info, I guess I can go a long time if I do as I said above and even better, pick my targets ffor max gain. |

Zardenim
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 06:37:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Hauler McTote
Quote: podding it's like -12.0 or -12.5.
That's a truly nasty hit.
Thanks for all the info, I guess I can go a long time if I do as I said above and even better, pick my targets ffor max gain.
Keep in mind that's percent. :P Forgot to put that in...
|

Jebe Noyon
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 07:42:00 -
[8]
As one of my mates expressed once - "poding someone has such a large sec penalty, that you want to cry sometimes....". 
TBH penalty is huge only when you are having positive or slightly negative sec status. When you happen to become -9.5 as my char, then you tend not to feel uber penalty on the other hand should your gang member kill a rat and you are getting your sec boosted.
|

Nathan Hael
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 08:09:00 -
[9]
Sorry, I couldn't help but think about the series of videos on youtube with a catchphrase similar to your topic title
"Will it blend? That is the question" |

T'Renn
Vale Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 08:18:00 -
[10]
Great little app, Tiller.
My own take on it is that I try to avoid pod killing in low sec. It's difficult though because to be honest I get a bit of enjoyment out of doing it. I find that being too negative for too long is a big pain however. Sure, I can rat my sec status up whenever I choose, but it's nice to get more mileage out of my sec by just sticking to ship kills.
Podding war targets in empire and NBs in 0.0 is compulsory however. The problem with that is most of the people down there know enough not to get their pods squished. Still, I've gotten pretty good at grabbing pods in anything cruiser-sized or smaller.
|

steveid
Viziam
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 11:41:00 -
[11]
personally i dont pod (even in wars) unless its: a) tactical advantageous to me (i.e. get the pod outa sys as i'm still fighting others in that sys) b) I hold some sort of grudge against them c) I am under contract to do so
Most of my eve life has gone under the rule, if theres no profit in it, dont do it. If there was a chance of getting implants, i'd pod every time, but if i'm not gaining i dont see the point in making them lose more eccept as an extention to my epeen and tbh i'm getting a bit old for that.
|

tiller
MAFIA Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 11:49:00 -
[12]
I always pod... gotta remove people from local or it just builds up with angry people without ships who want you dead.
|

Stakhanov
Gallente Newbies On Xstacy
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 12:38:00 -
[13]
It's about your piracy style , depending on what you fly you may not have to worry about catching pods at all ( >10 seconds lock anyway) if the ships you attack are juicy. Ransoming ships takes -0.5% sec , killing them if the ransom isn't paid only takes -2% , not going to ruin your sec status.
Keep in mind that you take the full sec hit every time you scramble a pod , it's up to flashy red gangmates to catch them.
|

Dario Wall
Caldari Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 14:16:00 -
[14]
I always pod if I have the chance to do so. If someone else engages me while attempting to pod someone, I'll continue through with the podding before engaging the next target. I guess I'm just addicted to hearing the nice squishy sound of a corpse popping out of a pod. That, and I have quite a nice corpse collection now...
|

kill0rbunny
Caldari Chimera Intelligence Agency
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 14:24:00 -
[15]
I never pod. I'm a carebear just hitting Lowsec when I get the bloodrush. I always stay on a clean 1.1. Sec by not podding, and doing some L4 Missions with my highsec carebear agent. 
EVE-+NLINE Supporter of T+TALHELLDEATH |

DarkElf
Caldari DJ's Exotic Dancers Escorts
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 15:19:00 -
[16]
With my nasty -10 yarrr alt i pod every time. gotta love that squish.
tbh tho if u want to keep ur sec above neg5 like i'm trying to do atm it's not worth podding anyone. if u have a jump clone in 0.0 or even with low sec ratting it's easy to kill lots and lots and still have a sec above -5 tbh.
as another little trick if u do want to reduce ur sec loss. try to make them fight back. if they agress back on u ur sec hit is smaller and they don't get killrights as well.
DE
|

Bardi MecAuldnis
Amarr Pirates of Destruction Union
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 20:21:00 -
[17]
All I know is one day I was -1.1. Then I murdered 3 people and became -4.7. It took me a while to work that off since I depend on HiSec Market.
Pod with care. --- Hey hey let's go kenka suru! Taisetsuna mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so lets fighting! LET'S FIGHTING LOVE!!! |

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Tuxedo.
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 20:26:00 -
[18]
In the end podding isn't worth it aside from getting an angry customer to stfu or to enforce people to listen to you more often. It is also a good way of making people who don't pay ransoms travel. But now im -9.3 and need to go into 0.0 to raise my sec  Best Dressed Corp of 2006 and 2007! -Marcus TheMartin
|

JOE NASTY
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 21:06:00 -
[19]
Dont pod in lo-sec, simple
|

Kery Syander
Minmatar Sanguine Legion
|
Posted - 2007.01.08 21:31:00 -
[20]
I have an easy way to decide whether or not to pod someone. If I can lock the pod, they get popped 
Seriously, pods are freebies. They can't shoot back. So I can take my time and ransom them, and if they don't pay then send them to the clonebay. I don't want to give them the chance to whine in local about how they just got popped, and I don't want to risk them getting in another ship and coming back into the fight.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |