| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Miso Saemi
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 15:30:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Miso Saemi on 24/01/2007 15:26:27 Hi. I've just started playing. I'm gallente and use drone. I've been through stickies and I don't see any post on drones.
Right now, I took the best skills in drone when you start out. I saw while training new skills I don't see new info on drones dps. Like training combat drone, and if I do a show info on drone I don't see new dmg. I guess it's must be same if I want to train sentry drone will i see how much drone sharpshooter skill give them more range ?
Is there a way to see the dps or at least a indication how much it's worth to train drone skills. Are they a viable damage solution if I don't want to train guns and only use drone to kill rat or to pvp ?
Thanks for any help you can give me on drones.
P.S. Sry for typo, english aint my native tongue. 
|

Remedios Sonrisa
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 15:36:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Remedios Sonrisa on 24/01/2007 15:34:25 Hi Miso,
Here is a somewhat outdated Drone Guide, but it was quite useful to me a few months ago when I started on my drone specialist career.
Linkage
P.S. Train Drone Interfacing up to IV as soon as you can -- Lvl V takes awhile. You can see the significant change in your drone damage output once you start the skill from lvl 1. ..
|

Mike Yagon
Minmatar The Nest Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 15:36:00 -
[3]
You can try and play around with this calculator:
http://www.evegeek.com/drones.php
------ In Carebear We Trust |

Miso Saemi
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 18:22:00 -
[4]
Thank you both. I'll go read that right away.
Does any of you use only drone as damage source ?
|

Danovar
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 18:37:00 -
[5]
Both of their links have served me well.. train scouts (and maybe EW interfacing) up, to increase range train drone interfacing up to increase damage
those are essential, the rest are less so.
I run missions, not PvP, but i've pretty much abandoned turrets as a damage source. I get aggro and set them loose.
|

Remedios Sonrisa
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 19:11:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Miso Saemi Thank you both. I'll go read that right away.
Does any of you use only drone as damage source ?
Drones do about 98% of the damage in my missions. I have a few pop guns to aggro and annoy, but they do add to damage eventually. But yes, my drones are my source damage dealers. That is why training Drone Interfacing along with light/medium/heavy drones skills is so critical. One great thing about drones is that they will continue to attack even if you are jammed AND do the same damage as before (unlike FoF missiles). ..
|

Axitikus
Minmatar The Priory Shroud Of Darkness
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 21:28:00 -
[7]
If you havent started taking the time to train for t2 drones, do it now. Medium and Light drones are the easiest t2 weapons to train for, you could have the basic skills trained for them in less than a month.
Drone interfacing is another must-have to lvl 4 right away. Then flesh out your other drone skills to at least lvl 4. At that point once you start going for the BSes, Myrmidon, and t2 gallente ships, you should be getting ready to bite the bullet and train drone interfacing and heavy drone operation to 5.
Also another thing, for max dps you will want to utilize your drone bay size as much as possible i.e:in an Ishkur w/ AF lvl V using 3 med drones 2 lights.
~When I can use Drones as Blaster ammo, then I'll be truly happy~ |

Naran Darkmood
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.01.24 21:41:00 -
[8]
I fully agree, drones are a great dps source (and a great source of annoyance if you don't babysit them - tell them regularly which rat to attack, regardless of if they are doing it atm).
Also, go for sentry drones when you get a large Dronesbqay (aka Dominix). it's the equivilant of sniping in a drone boot.
I'm still using guns on my Domi, as Nos would be a wasted high-slot as most rats don't come into Nos range 
Originally by: Marcus TheMartin I thought there would be american isk farmers over on eve china to be honest 
|

Lissett
Caldari Constructive Influence
|
Posted - 2007.01.25 14:02:00 -
[9]
You should be careful of relying on that guide, it is quite old and was produced before they change the way drones are handled.
Drone interfacing now gives a 20% bonus to drones damage, etc., not +1 drone.
Also, almost without exception, drone bonuses on ships are now +5-10% damage, not +1 drone control.
|

sb404
Caldari Tarnak inc.
|
Posted - 2007.01.25 14:14:00 -
[10]
While on the subject, I have heard mixed feelings on the sentry drones. Anyone care to relate experiences, either good or bad?
------------------------------------------------- I never wrote this -Eris
|

Remedios Sonrisa
Eve University Ivy League
|
Posted - 2007.01.25 14:53:00 -
[11]
Originally by: sb404 While on the subject, I have heard mixed feelings on the sentry drones. Anyone care to relate experiences, either good or bad?
From a mission runner POV:
For the longest time I eschewed the use of sentries. Upon reflection, I should not have; my mission running set-up is set for long-range and sentries have become the primary weapon that I use to take out most of the ships that are clustered in BFE. It is nice b/c I don't have to putter across 100 km of distance just to get with my (and the NPC's) blaster range. I snipe from afar (75+ km) and most of the ships are dead by the time they get close to their weapon range. For those that survive the barrage, they basically are within 10-20 km of my ship, which is a distance easily covered by the slow heavy drones.
In summary, I love my sentries. The NPCs die far away whilst they can't hit you, and the survivors come to you. Sentries are especially good for those damn BSes that like to keep long distances. You dictate the terms instead of the rats (: More important, your ship sustains less damage. But if you (and what seems like the majority of the community) prefer blasters, than sentries may not be as fun. ..
|

Kogame Tomika
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.01.25 15:01:00 -
[12]
Ahhh Sentries. They make it feel like you are cheating they are so good.
Like the above poster noted, you can take out your targets at about 80kms out, and there is so little risk to you or yours that its almost wrong.
I haven't turned on my armor repper in several missions, as all the rats pop long before they get into range. And if they do happen to get close enough, you just scoop your sentries, and drop out your tech II mediums to mop them up.
That said, there isn't a lot of the nail biting excitment you get from getting in close, blasters blazing though. Its a cold methodical means of exterminating your targets... which is just the way I like it. 
Quote: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. Martin Luther King Jr.
|

sb404
Caldari Tarnak inc.
|
Posted - 2007.01.25 15:16:00 -
[13]
I see. Thank you for your prompt replies.
I assume you are deploying them in level 4 missions?
So far, I haven't heard about the PvP side of things, I would assume they would make nice gate or station camper companions, do they cause enough damage to count in that equation? ------------------------------------------------- I never wrote this -Eris
|

Keitaro Baka
Babylon Scientific and Industrial Enterprises Babylon Project
|
Posted - 2007.01.25 15:43:00 -
[14]
place holder for big reply/link to new thread, not sure yet :)
- All the stuff above does not necessarily reflect my corp, my alliance or even me - Pure drone user... give us a mini carrier and faction Typhoon and Dominix please |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |