| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jackal79
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 02:49:00 -
[1]
I am considering buying T2 heavy missiles and T2 invul hardners for a drake, but I believe that may be a stupid thing to do considering it is only a 50M isk ship... Is it common practice to fit a BC with all sorts of high end **** and rigs or is that just stupid? Would it really make it that much more effective (could I even bring it on par with a command ship with 3 rigs)?
|

X99 Z990
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 03:13:00 -
[2]
Drakes = Payday!
*licks lips*

|

Audri Fisher
Caldari The Keep THE R0CK
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 06:24:00 -
[3]
I have two mentalities when fitting ships. the first is that I fit the best I can buy on a ship in the knowledge that it has a much better chance of survival becuase of the extra stuff I put on it. If I don't put at least all tech II/best named on a ship, I outfit it as cheaply as possible, becuase I know that I will be putting it into a situations where it will not make it' isk back.
Never every stray from the two extremes, and don't fly expensive shps in small gangs ( between 2-4 ) people
|

Ian Luxor
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 07:05:00 -
[4]
I don't know if you are going to use the drake in PvE or PvP. But if you are going to use it in PvE and especially in Lvl 4 Missions you have to fit the best (Faction or T2) stuff you can get.
|

Foulis
Minmatar Chosen Path Lotka Volterra
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 07:06:00 -
[5]
It depends entirely on my mood usually, usually I fly a ship fitted with t1 mods to the best of my ability and let my skills carry me the rest of the way, but occasionally I go to the extreme.
Take for example my jaguar setups. Usually I go with 150mm autos in a jagabond setup, ship and all it costs me maby 10 mill.
But there are days when I just want to surprise some inties, and I fit 280mm IIs, high end damage mods, and some damage rigs so that I can get my damage mod well over 25. That's just fun. This can cost well over 100mill.
----
Originally by: Nikolai Nuvolari NO WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARE SPELLED WITH THE NUMBER "8" IN THEM GODDAMNIT!
|

Pinky Denmark
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 07:39:00 -
[6]
Either fit the best possible or a T1 with some spare loot and perhaps a single cheap named stuff or essentials...
I do however actually stay away from T2 inv fields unless I seriously only have 1-2 slots for hardeners - They are so expensive I'd rather use T1 or try design my shield tank around soem specific hardeners.
Pinky
|

DarkElf
Caldari DJ's Exotic Dancers Escorts
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 10:31:00 -
[7]
well i killed a drake not long ago with a DG invuln among other t2 and faction goodies so i guess you fitting it with t2 and rigs aint so bad. 
DE
|

ChaosDemon
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 21:52:00 -
[8]
Wel my opinion is that the equipment can't outprice the ship. Only T2 ships should have T2 fittings. Some ships like covert ops are exeptions.
|

K Raz
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 22:08:00 -
[9]
The rule of thumb i try to go by, is to have the fittings cost the same as the ship.
Frigs tend to carry an expandable role in pvp, so low grade modules for them. Cruisers tend to have a specific role in pvp, so good modules to support their roles. Battleships should have t2 fittings and some rigs.
T2 and factions ships deserves faction fittings imo - They arent easy to come by, and shouln't be easy to kill.
In the end its your wallet that decides how to fit a ship, but never fly anything you can't afford to lose... twice (I really need to start following my own advice btw)
|

Egil Kolsto
Caldari Collwood Collective
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 22:15:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Ian Luxor I don't know if you are going to use the drake in PvE or PvP. But if you are going to use it in PvE and especially in Lvl 4 Missions you have to fit the best (Faction or T2) stuff you can get.
Pretty much hits the nail on the head. If you fly your ship for PVE, pimping your ride is not very risky. If you use it for PvP, I'd say keep it cheap:)
|

Majin82
Caldari g guild
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 22:29:00 -
[11]
For PVE I use a Faction fitted Drake that costs realistically 10 times what the ship costs.
For PVP during war times I'll use a Ferox fitted with only T1 gear.
Reasoning: I take my Drake into level 4's, I can do level 4's faster and easier with the faction gear.
During War time, I am not going to fit anything I don't want to lose. A toss-away Ferox and mission loot gear is nothing to worry about losing. ------------------------------------- The difference between a Pirate and an Anti-Pirate is that an Anti-Pirate fights ships fitted with guns!
Passive Drake For The Win |

Shadarle
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 22:53:00 -
[12]
Originally by: ChaosDemon Wel my opinion is that the equipment can't outprice the ship. Only T2 ships should have T2 fittings. Some ships like covert ops are exeptions.
I hope this person doesn't PvE... if he does then this is the stupidest post I've seen in quite a while.
Tanking Setups Compared
Stacking Penalty / Resists Explained |

Majin82
Caldari g guild
|
Posted - 2007.02.02 23:14:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Shadarle
Originally by: ChaosDemon Wel my opinion is that the equipment can't outprice the ship. Only T2 ships should have T2 fittings. Some ships like covert ops are exeptions.
I hope this person doesn't PvE... if he does then this is the stupidest post I've seen in quite a while.
Yes I agree, what a dumb thing this post. ------------------------------------- The difference between a Pirate and an Anti-Pirate is that an Anti-Pirate fights ships fitted with guns!
Passive Drake For The Win |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |